Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheChicagoPiano

i saw hamilton today - joel was actually excellent, he’s such a good comedic actor and has a great voice. of course i would have enjoyed his scenes a lot more if i didn’t know he was an absolute maniac

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 122

aofiem98

Just needed to pop on here and say: I just realised my streak on Duolingo is longer than Carrie and Joel's relationship and I'm still rubbish at French 😭

Carrie if you needed a sign that this is moving too quickly this is it

• Haha
Reactions: 99
Wait, this is completely terrifying.

I know they check here, but I didn’t think they were keeping daily tabs on this thread?? I assumed Carrie doomscrolls every so often depending on where her heads at and how lonely/bored she’s feeling. And Joel I couldn’t say. But if one or both of them are really reading on here every single day, that is indescribably sad.
A tattler 100% got there first. When you go to the address it redirects to a page about narcissistic relationships.

10/10 whoever that was.

(It was probably Jason Manford)

• Haha
Reactions: 94

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Yeah that video of Carrie and Oliver is sad and really hammers home the gravity of her current predicament. While I don’t think Oliver ever matched the intensity of her feelings, he clearly cared for her a lot at one point. I think 2018-2020 was the peak of their relationship. It’s also the time Carrie seemed her happiest overall.

Even scrolling back on her IG feed - she was hanging out with more friends and seeing her family more regularly too. And Oliver features a normal/appropriate amount. I think because of Oliver’s nature it forced Carrie to have more of a life outside of their relationship, which did her the world of good tbh. She was more into fitness and running at this time too.

Oliver was very clearly the love of her life. And she wasn’t his. I’m not sure if covid prolonged their relationship or if it speeded up it’s demise. I lean more towards the former. But, thanks to Oliver, the deeper machinations of their relationship were private. So we’ll ultimately never know.

But the feelings between them were clearly real, and very deeply so on Carrie’s part. Her devastation at their breakup is completely understandable. But it’s so sad the way she’s chosen to deal with those feelings! As per the Joel relationship timeline someone kindly wrote out, she was still heartbroken and seriously struggling when she dm’ed Joel and arranged that first date. Then immediately after that she was plunged into immense happiness? Then a few months later she’s engaged???

And it’s super dodgy to me that right when Tattle clocked that Oliver had a new girlfriend and went to Paris with her is when she had that whole IG ‘keeping it real’ post where she discussed how difficult it was playing Cinderella whilst heartbroken (which got picked up by the daily mail). She was (understandably) gutted to see Oliver had moved on so swiftly. So she ran out to find herself someone new to shield herself from that pain, and to stick it to Oliver? Oh you’ve moved on and look happier than ever?? Well I’m moving on too and I’m gonna do you one better! Actually my new guy is the TRUE love of my life!! AND I’m getting married, so there!!!!!!

But none of it is real! Joel is just excited to have reeled in such a lucrative opportunity. He has more than 10x the IG followers he had prior. A future wife with two properties and a millionaire brother with tons of industry connections. Plus Carrie is a beautiful woman. And then for her, she’s found a guy desperate and pathetic enough to feed her ego with a million pointless disingenuous gestures. He listened to every complaint she probably made to him about what Oliver didn’t do and is ticking off every box one by one.

Even all of this #TheMontagues rubbish that he keeps pushing is part of that. Carrie has spent her whole life coveting what Tom and Gi have. And this is such a hollow performance of what they have!! Those two can actually talk sincerely about being soulmates because they were childhood sweethearts. And been together practically forever through all the ups and downs of growing up. Hell, Tom wrote chart topping hits about his wife.

But tbh most people don’t have Hollywood movie style romances like that in their lives. But it doesn’t mean they can’t have rich meaningful relationships. Which is what Carrie fails to understand. She micromanaged every romantic relationship she’s had. Always trying to push some silly narrative instead of just authentically experiencing her partners for who they were. And now she’s met a guy that’s even more egotistical and unhinged who’s happy to run along with her delusions. And she’s mistaking that for true love!

I’ve lost all hope that behind the scenes Joel’s alright really. At first I thought maybe he’s just social media illiterate. Maybe he’s just a bit inexperienced and overly exuberant! But no, I think he’s a greedy opportunist. He’s inappropriate, possessive, clingy, self absorbed and just plain odd. Carrie is delusional, arrogant and a major pick me. They’re a scary combination tbh. I honestly can’t predict where this is all going, but the whole thing massively skeeves me out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I'm going to try and cobble together a more detailed timeline of this relationship.

4th April: Carrie's "honesty hour" IG post about dealing with heartbreak, life being thrown off track, being triggered by Cinderella.
3rd May: Carrie and Joel's first date to the cinema - cue "cutesy" cartoon stories from both implying a first kiss.
8th May: Joel announces Carrie is his girlfriend on his Instagram, they go Facebook official.
9th May: Carrie confirms the relationship on her Instagram with a selfie captioned "All the universes" (is this the day she got the tattoo?). Also implies they had said "I love you" at this point.
~15th July: First couple's holiday to Croatia.
19th July: asscrack
21st October: Joel proposes, seemingly publicly, the day before her 30th birthday.
22nd October: Carrie's 30th birthday. Engagement is leaked on Instagram (by Joel)
25th October: Carrie publically confirms engagement on Instagram. Joel publically confirms he is a child who requires 12 presents to keep his 12 day tantrum at bay whilst Carrie is away (#12DaysOfCringemas)
5th November: Carrie returns from her holiday. Joel returns to work, resumes life after their "mini-hiatus", does a half hour live video about how he won't be talking about the engagement (whilst exclusively talking about the engagement), confirms they are already livng together, and launches a Instagram for "THE MONTAGUE'''S".

What have I missed? 🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82

cp1992

Oh wow. I only posted earlier about how upset this all makes me to see her so trapped, and how I’m a genuine huge fan of Carrie. Have been for years! Never been a hater AT all. I’m just so worried about her! I’ve even just packed one of her books in my hand luggage for a flight I’m on tomorrow…

but she’s just blocked me on Instagram. I can’t believe it. All these years of attending all her shows, buying and enjoying all of her books, watching every single one of her YouTube videos over and over again, and because I liked a comment on Instagram about someone ALSO concerned for her and her relationship with this crazy person.. I’m blocked. Just.. wow.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

YTZeleb23

Chatty Member
"Choose kindness, my friend. It’ll see you through life better than this bitterness. ❤"

I think that's cemented my opinion of the whole saga tbh. I'm not gunna waste anymore time worrying about her. Why should we? We don't know her personally. They deserve each other. It's her life, their life, whatever. If she wants to remain blind, well, that's on her. Maybe one day she'll see the woods for the trees, but it'll be in her own time, if she ever does. No point wasting time worrying about it. She's determined, and clearly sees no wrong. Oh well.

Enjoy the car crash, Carrie.

• Sad
Reactions: 77

awkwardjellyfish

can you at least say vaguely where your source comes from??

Also, there’s a few comments against joel in the comments on her disney post and she hasn’t removed any. interesting
I’m in MT - have met Carrie (only *properly* once - which I’ve talked about before) and have a couple of mutuals, though not close.

Carrie and Joel came up in conversation today at the theatre. The general consensus here is “what the fucking fuck”. Someone said that one of her pals is very concerned and and bracing herself to have a word. Can’t really say anymore I’m afraid but will keep you all posted with whatever I can get away with!

• Heart
Reactions: 76

Pazc

I can't believe he got a tattoo referencing their first date seeing a film that we are still in the same Oscars season of

• Haha
Reactions: 75