Carrie Hope Fletcher #40 Engaged already, what a sham. Have a word #FletcherFam!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie's "out" is quite simple, in theory. She felt pressured (not necessarily just by him, it was pressure from herself as well) into saying yes, then went away, and has had some time to think about her relationship and the past 5 months. And she just needs a break, to be by herself, 'find herself', enjoy her own company, and be away from people she feels somewhat suffocated by. She doesn't have to tit all over Joel if she doesn't want to - she can still just rationalise a break up in other ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Her silence could mean (hopefully) she's changed her mind about Joel, or sadly she's still convinced it's a good idea and they're getting matched tattoos or something ridiculous

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Olivia Moore has just announced her engagement (she was in Heathers with Carrie and pretty sure she was in Waitress with Joel)
Wonder if this will ignite something in "The Montagues" and coax then out of the woodwork

Reactions: 9
When do her panto rehearsals start? It's got to be soon surely? My goddaughter is in our local panto and they've been rehearsing for 3 weeks already. Hopefully it will give her some more time away from the whiny man-baby to get her head together

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m usually on the Gabriella Lindley thread but have been lurking for the Carrie/Joel tit show.

His behaviour/language towards her especially the ‘she left to go on holiday after I proposed’ I feel like he engineered the proposal because wanted her to cancel her trip to Disney to celebrate the engagement and that’s why he was so emotional during Joelmas.

He’s the characteristic possessive partner and as sad as it is, only Carrie can realise and escape. I had a similar situation and it didn’t matter who told me I was being used or treat badly I was determined for it to work. The red flags were just things I could fix or him having a bad day. The bad days were made up for with love bombing. I can’t say what one thing changed how I saw him, something just flipped in my brain one day and I left (and that was a whole ordeal and I’m glad Carrie has family and friends cos I feel Joel would be super toxic if she left). I hope for Carrie’s sake she wakes up before the wedding

• Heart
Reactions: 26
When do her panto rehearsals start? It's got to be soon surely? My goddaughter is in our local panto and they've been rehearsing for 3 weeks already. Hopefully it will give her some more time away from the whiny man-baby to get her head together
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Joel implied he's going to visit and surprise her during one of her shows?

He already infiltrated her Disney trip - now he's going to work out how to make her panto all about him too.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Why do so many of her followers comment positively on Carries and specially Joel's cringy , love bombing posts?! I just really don't get it, can they not see what we see, that it is toxic?

Reactions: 7
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Joel implied he's going to visit and surprise her during one of her shows?

He already infiltrated her Disney trip - now he's going to work out how to make her panto all about him too.
Yep, he said he'd 'rock up when he can'

• Sick
Reactions: 8
He’s the characteristic possessive partner and as sad as it is, only Carrie can realise and escape. I had a similar situation and it didn’t matter who told me I was being used or treat badly I was determined for it to work. The red flags were just things I could fix or him having a bad day. The bad days were made up for with love bombing. I can’t say what one thing changed how I saw him, something just flipped in my brain one day and I left (and that was a whole ordeal and I’m glad Carrie has family and friends cos I feel Joel would be super toxic if she left). I hope for Carrie’s sake she wakes up before the wedding
Same here, I was in a toxic relationship for a year and a half and my friends encouraged me to leave multiple times and I ignored them, insisting that things would improve. I just hope Carrie comes to that realisation before she marries him, but I have a feeling Joel will push for a wedding quickly- as others have pointed out on here, they haven't really had time to just sit with their relationship yet, it's been one exciting milestone after another- first few dates, first couples holiday, preparing for Carrie's birthday, their engagement- what happens when they get married and then there's nothing exciting to look forward to?

Reactions: 10
I’m shocked she’s left that negative comment about Joel on her Disney dump post. It was posted three hours ago, and she’s liked a comment left by Scott an hour ago so she must have seen it?

Unless she only has post notifications on for people she follows or something? Carrie is deffo behaving v unusually on her socials atm, either because she’s feeling weird towards Joel OR she’s decided she wants to take a step back on socials? Maybe the engagement ending up on the DM spooked her a bit? But then again her whiny ‘playing Cinderella is sooooOo hard now that I’ve been dumped’ post ended up on the DM and that didn’t stop her from being a frequent poster and mega oversharer.

I’m actually genuinely curious about where her heads at rn. Because she is acting most unlike herself. The Halloween party at her own house that she seemingly didn’t even make an appearance at is very weird too tbh.

Reactions: 20
He's already said he has plans to surprise her in Canterbury:/

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Not really adding anything new here with this commentary, but just to say I am in full agreement that Joel was 100% after an invite to the Fletcher-fam holiday - the timing of the proposal just *screams* that. He then goes into a textbook sulk, long distance guilt tripping, use of possessive/ownership style of language, getting the tattoo, the t-shirts for them and the one for him, bleeping PHOTOSHOPPING himself into their family holiday picture.....I mean. One or two of these things in 2 weeks would be a bit much. All of them together is just overwhelming, and not in a good way.

I wish, in fact I really hope that her family have had a word, but it's such a risk because it has to come from the person in the relationship. They need to have that moment of realisation themselves, nobody can force you into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Not really adding anything new here with this commentary, but just to say I am in full agreement that Joel was 100% after an invite to the Fletcher-fam holiday - the timing of the proposal just *screams* that. He then goes into a textbook sulk, long distance guilt tripping, use of possessive/ownership style of language, getting the tattoo, the t-shirts for them and the one for him, bleeping PHOTOSHOPPING himself into their family holiday picture.....I mean. One or two of these things in 2 weeks would be a bit much. All of them together is just overwhelming, and not in a good way.

I wish, in fact I really hope that her family have had a word, but it's such a risk because it has to come from the person in the relationship. They need to have that moment of realisation themselves, nobody can force you into it.
He would've got the t-shirts made thinking they'd invite him but instead he looked like a fool with a matching t-shirt for a trip he wasn't invited to while he looked after the cat

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Same here, I was in a toxic relationship for a year and a half and my friends encouraged me to leave multiple times and I ignored them, insisting that things would improve. I just hope Carrie comes to that realisation before she marries him, but I have a feeling Joel will push for a wedding quickly- as others have pointed out on here, they haven't really had time to just sit with their relationship yet, it's been one exciting milestone after another- first few dates, first couples holiday, preparing for Carrie's birthday, their engagement- what happens when they get married and then there's nothing exciting to look forward to?
That's a really good point! There's always stuff to 'keep them busy' or something to look forward to. Obviously it's nice to have plans and stuff to look forward to, but if they haven't even done an uneventful week living together with no plans/milestones etc, I wonder if she could truly tolerate his presence. It's easy to tolerate someone if you're planning an exciting holiday or a big party. It's like a constant distraction.

Reactions: 12
So had he booked the time Carrie was away off work, or was he working? Or was he ill? Sorry I'm confused!
He was supposedly too ill to perform for less than 10 minutes each day that Carrie was gone. But filmed videos, and was apparently well enough to sit through a tattoo and go back as soon as Carrie came home.

Reactions: 17
I never thought I'd be desperate for Carrie to do a Q&A. Someone needs to ask her if Joel told her about the tattoo/what she thinks of it 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.