Carrie Hope Fletcher #40 Engaged already, what a sham. Have a word #FletcherFam!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the most unsettling things about this relationship is that Joel has been able to look at Carrie’s online presence and mould himself into exactly the sort of man she’d like. She’s shared so much for so many years that he already knew a lot of information about her from the first date. Including weaknesses, vulnerabilities, past trauma etc. It’s all there for him to see and take advantage of and he’s already giving me controlling vibes.

I can’t help thinking that this would all look completely different if this situation was happening with Oliver. She’d look genuinely happier for a start. I think Oliver was the one she saw herself with forever and she’s projecting these feelings on to Joel and going along with it because she’s still not over the unexpected breakup. How could she be, after so little time?

I wouldn’t be surprised if she was having doubts now the engagement novelty has worn off but feels like she can’t back out because it’s all happened in the glare of social media. Joel is putting even more pressure on her by making the Montagues Insta account, ready to cash in like the desperate beg he is. I want her to take some time to think about whether this feels right. There is no shame in waiting a few years to find out if someone is truly compatible with you before making a lifelong commitment like marriage. I am actually worried for her because I don’t feel like she’s in a good place and she’s making big decisions in the wrong frame of mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
One of the most unsettling things about this relationship is that Joel has been able to look at Carrie’s online presence and mould himself into exactly the sort of man she’d like. She’s shared so much for so many years that he already knew a lot of information about her from the first date. Including weaknesses, vulnerabilities, past trauma etc. It’s all there for him to see and take advantage of and he’s already giving me controlling vibes.

I can’t help thinking that this would all look completely different if this situation was happening with Oliver. She’d look genuinely happier for a start. I think Oliver was the one she saw herself with forever and she’s projecting these feelings on to Joel and going along with it because she’s still not over the unexpected breakup. How could she be, after so little time?

I wouldn’t be surprised if she was having doubts now the engagement novelty has worn off but feels like she can’t back out because it’s all happened in the glare of social media. Joel is putting even more pressure on her by making the Montagues Insta account, ready to cash in like the desperate beg he is. I want her to take some time to think about whether this feels right. There is no shame in waiting a few years to find out if someone is truly compatible with you before making a lifelong commitment like marriage. I am actually worried for her because I don’t feel like she’s in a good place and she’s making big decisions in the wrong frame of mind.
I bet the creep that is Joel took the time Carrie was off to WDW off sick so he could go through all her things (in her house and online) undisturbed...That is the kind of creep he is I am sure of it.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Just when you didn’t think it could get any more cringeworthy… my fiancé just rolled his eyes at that video. I’m all for meeting someone at the airport but 1) why would you be waiting there before they’ve even landed, especially with a 2 hour delay and 2) why would you video it, just have your moment together!

Also, the way Joel looks at the camera when he kisses her is just so off and narcissistic. The whole this is bleughhhhh
He's been apart 12 days and filming it like it's Love Actually 🥲
Meanwhile those of us in LDRs reunite in airports after several months apart and don't guilt each other for being away, jeez.
It was 12 DAYS JOEL give me strength 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 16
it’s really really worrying how little he uses her name. only ever refers to her, like you say, in a way that he can attach her to him. it makes my skin crawl.

also the wording of “i proposed to her and she went on holiday straight away”!! how often is he going to bring that up in future arguments. he knew she was going on holiday and he chose to propose then wtf.
That boiled my piss, you knew she was going on holiday this whole time it was your bloody choice to propose days before and now you're complaining?!!
God I've reached peak hate levels for this man now. He has no remaining redeeming features at all. What an absolute car crash this whole thing has been 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I even feel like Joel is taking ownership of her fans in a way. His ego is through the roof now that he has almost 40K followers because of his association with Carrie/Tom. Knowing that all those followers came from the Fletchers fans, isn't it odd that Joel feels the need to make announcements to Carries fans before she gets the chance to? Example.. more tour tickets on sale, and he adds the link to HIS bio, and says on live that he wants to sing on HER tour. He's delusional. He thinks they're all there for him. If Carrie has an announcement she can make it herself you absolute creep. It's not your news to announce

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Nah..the way she half ran to him at the airport and the look on her face was not someone who is madly in love and who has missed her brand new fiancé!

I’m thinking of a clip of when she went to stay with Oliver when he was working in a theatre somewhere and he filmed her coming around the corner to meet him and she was much more happy and excited than in Joel’s clip!
It gave me meeting a family member/friend at the airport vibes 😬

Reactions: 5
Omg imagine if they start selling merch! Speedos with ‘i love you in every universe on the bum’, anyone?
Matching speedos, a Mr Arsecrack one on bum and Mrs Arsecrack one on other bum

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Carrie if you're looking for a way out, just expose him for those SA messages and leave. That's a good enough reason to not be with someone

• Wow
Reactions: 40
Totally! Their chemistry in that video (with them both on the sofa) was completely non existent. And we can’t say it’s because Carrie is someone who’s awkward or uncomfortable being on camera! I really hope she is having a bit of a wake up call. I wonder if some of the shady comments from peers in their industry has made her get the ick a bit? Her vibe has changed a lottttt this week.
The time apart away from that bubble (albeit minus being hounded daily by joelmas and inevitable guilt tripping) has probably made her kind of see things for what they are better. That kind of intense relationship, can be so smothering you don't get time to actually see anything outside of it. The holiday is probably the first time she's been able to pause for a minute. Which makes his weird possessive guilt trippy borderline controlling behaviour in her absence all the more concerning. I'm genuinely incredibly concerned for Carrie the way this is going. I wonder how she feels about the tattoo, it's very likely he surprised her with it. If a partner did that after 5 months I'd die inside.

Reactions: 18
Excuse the crappy edit but this sums it up for me. First pic is looking at Oli, second pic is looking at shrek. They are so completely different- there's an actual sparkle in her eye in the first one.
She’s with him because she doesn’t want to be alone and it’s actually a little sad. I kinda feel sorry for her

Reactions: 17
I took a break for one day and there's a new thread with 21 pages, you people move fast. 🍿🍿🍿

I might have to abandon these threads or I'll have to quit my job and dump my bf in order to keep up. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She’s with him because she doesn’t want to be alone and it’s actually a little sad. I kinda feel sorry for her
I hope she would have the courage to swallow her pride and sort this mess out. I do understand how difficult that would be but it’s her happiness on the line.
Carrie I’m not one of the people who are sure you read here all the time but if you are- I mean this very sincerely x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Well yeah it comes across as that too. Also the caption on the post. She’s come home. Implying he’s her home 😷😷😷 pass me the sick bucket.
I’m thinking Scott is tolerating Joel so doesn’t loose Carrie as a friend. If she lost Scott as a friend who else would she have?! Joel’s openly admitted he doesn’t know Tom and Gi.
The relationship is all for show, take away their social media and they wouldn’t last long. Only interested in feeding their own ego’s
Ive not caught up but just wanted to say I tolerated my best friends new partner, even though he also was full of red flags!

It took just over 6 months before she ditched me for him. Even though she told me previously not to make her choose between me and him (I hadnt, I just asked if I would actually get to see her on her own.) Its now been 18 months and I haven't heard anything from her.

Im so worried this is what will happen to Scott and sadly there is nothing he can do about it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.