Carrie Hope Fletcher #40 Engaged already, what a sham. Have a word #FletcherFam!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just flicking through What I Know Now to check some of the details. She references a guy she dated for two and a half years but "it fizzled out" and they were still friends - I think that's Charlie. Doesn't mention who did the dumping. There's a chapter where she advises young girls not to rush into relationships and said that she regretted kissing/casually dating guys she didn't like but was too polite to turn down. She said she had gone on to discover there was a huge difference with someone she actually liked. Yet now she's rushing headfirst into marriage with a guy she is not as attracted to as Oliver (and possibly previous boyfriends.) It's just really, really sad

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Just flicking through What I Know Now to check some of the details. She references a guy she dated for two and a half years but "it fizzled out" and they were still friends - I think that's Charlie. Doesn't mention who did the dumping. There's a chapter where she advises young girls not to rush into relationships and said that she regretted kissing/casually dating guys she didn't like but was too polite to turn down. She said she had gone on to discover there was a huge difference with someone she actually liked. Yet now she's rushing headfirst into marriage with a guy she is not as attracted to as Oliver (and possibly previous boyfriends.) It's just really, really sad
Someone find the page number and get Joel to read it live on insta 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Omg why does Joel like keep the coffee in his mouth and swish it around. I could be sick.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
So after all this talk of Oliver I went to check out his Insta and as I’m following Joel (cause I cannot look away from the train wreck) it shows that he also follows Oliver. I know he probably did from before he was with Carrie but you’d think that after getting with her he’d unfollow out of solidarity. Do you think he’s keeping tabs to try and one up him or something? 👀
At this point I can honestly imagine Joel sending Oliver little messages at times

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Wow moving fast here, I was halfway through the other thread. Returned to find a whole new one 14 pages long. Can someone remind me why she fell out with ALW? I missed this all.

Also in defence of Scott, most people who have friends in had relationships will tell you that going full anti partner can seriously ostracise them from you. Letting the new partner get a further hold, we cant assume that Shrek saying Scott helped pick the rings means Scott was encouraging it. Rock hard place IMO and Carrie made the choice to say yes.

Jason Manfords wife is a producer and it’s entirely possible they both know “the montaspews” in real life and have opinions about this.

Reactions: 17
Wow moving fast here, I was halfway through the other thread. Returned to find a whole new one 14 pages long. Can someone remind me why she fell out with ALW? I missed this all.
Not known exactly what happened but ALW is alleged to have treated the cast very poorly and to have been very unpleasant during a video call because he blamed them for a bad review by a US publication that he thought might harm the show's chances on Broadway. Carrie began making cryptic tweets about "supporting her castmates" that were probably related to that, and was liking tweets critical of ALW. Also he can't have taken too kindly to her frequent absences and she said she was very sympathetic to Summer and others who suddenly lost their jobs when the show closed without warning

dumping someone and breaking their heart doesn't make you a witch, people are allowed to end relationships if they're not happy 😅
It's the way that you do it that determines whether or not you're a witch. You can split up with people without breaking them.

Where did you hear that? Doesn’t seem like there’s any evidence either way
I can't remember exactly who told me because it was a very long time ago. It was on a McFly tour and a girl I was speaking to, had vague circle within a circle links that led to Carrie. And one of the things I was told, was that Charlie was very crushed by the split, like he hadn't seen it coming. Words to that effect.

I didn't know the girl who told me this, but I'm a good judge of people. I know when they're making wild stories up to try and impress others (pretending they know more than they actually do). You see them all the time on the pop circuit. She honestly didn't come across as being one of those. She had no reason to lie to me. And she could've come up with something much better if she was lying.

Obviously I get that this is simply me repeating what someone else said. I fully accept it won't be the solid proof you're looking for because it's hearsay.

However we do have proof that she does regularly doctor stories regarding how and when she meets guys. So to me, it doesn't matter what her book says about her and Charlie because she lies about this stuff all the time.

I didn't see your post before my other bigger post but this also ties in with other stuff the girl told me. Some of the 'regret' guys Carrie referred to here, could well be some of the bands that supported McFly. The girl I spoke to, knew one of the support acts so she'd heard about Carrie hooking up backstage. And this was before Carrie's book came out so it's not like she stole it from there and elaborated on the details.

Again, I get this is hearsay. I won't pretend otherwise

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Everything they do is so performative. It's so gross. So disingenuous.
I've been so reluctant to comment on this thread mostly because I've whole heartedly agreed with everything I've seen on here and had nothing more/of value to add. Until i saw Joel's ridiculous post about him collecting Carrie from the airport.

During the pandemic, my partner (of 5 years) and I were separated for a total of 11 months due to unfortunate timing/border closures/visa restrictions between the UK and AUS. We were eventually reunited late 2020.
It was tough. Every single day apart was a test on our relationship.

It makes me so, so sick to my stomach that Joel has this pity party surrounding him because he and Carrie AKA his partner of 5 months (?!) were apart for TWELVE DAYS.
They have no idea. NO idea.
Unfortunately their fans, the likes, the constant comments of adoration they receive on social media will only "validate" this ridiculous romantic story they're dreaming up.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
People have already said it, but it is genuinely so wild reading this thread (and indeed the last few threads since October 22nd) and feeling awful for the person you’re supposed to be tattling about, hoping they see the light and break free of the piranha.

Reactions: 17
Just needed to pop on here and say: I just realised my streak on Duolingo is longer than Carrie and Joel's relationship and I'm still rubbish at French 😭

Carrie if you needed a sign that this is moving too quickly this is it
saaammeeee. Just over a year on duolingo and i can still really only say je ecris les livres

• Haha
Man, imagine if she had given dating apps a real chance. Instead of saying she stopped using them because her only interests are "books and Disney." Why did she have to force herself to find a relationship in musical theater, severely limiting her options and settling on a desperate creepy loser? She could have ended up with a mature, stable scientist who has 0 social media presence and isn't trotting her around like a show pony. Her biggest mistake was throwing in the towel with dating apps. Granted, maybe she shouldn't have been on them so soon post-breakup. But still

Reactions: 23
Yeah Joel if I were you I wouldn't post "I proposed to her and she immediately left for 2 weeks"- it makes it sound like she took drastic measures to get away from you asap 😂 not the flex you think it is.

His weird persona of moping about, wishing carrie would come home is so unattractive, that would give me the ick in and of itself let alone all the other huge red desperate flags he has been waving around!

Reactions: 20
Man, imagine if she had given dating apps a real chance. Instead of saying she stopped using them because her only interests are "books and Disney." Why did she have to force herself to find a relationship in musical theater, severely limiting her options and settling on a desperate creepy loser? She could have ended up with a mature, stable scientist who has 0 social media presence and isn't trotting her around like a show pony. Her biggest mistake was throwing in the towel with dating apps. Granted, maybe she shouldn't have been on them so soon post-breakup. But still
I'm more disappointed in Scott/Rob Houchen. I'm sure they know plenty of eligible bachelors in the MT world but didn't decide to set her up with any of them :cautious:

I loathe Joel in every universe.
I think the original quote is absolutely god awful. I don't care if it came from a Marvel film, it's the writing of a 16 year old attempting fan fiction for the first time.

Reactions: 16
Yeah Joel if I were you I wouldn't post "I proposed to her and she immediately left for 2 weeks"- it makes it sound like she took drastic measures to get away from you asap 😂 not the flex you think it is.

His weird persona of moping about, wishing carrie would come home is so unattractive, that would give me the ick in and of itself let alone all the other huge red desperate flags he has been waving around!
I wonder if he calls her every time she's out getting groceries to say "Where are you? What are you doing? Who are you with? When are you coming out?"

I hope she knows that persistence and creepiness is gonna stay if they end up having kids.

I'm more disappointed in Scott/Rob Houchen. I'm sure they know plenty of eligible bachelors in the MT world but didn't decide to set her up with any of them :cautious:

I think the original quote is absolutely god awful. I don't care if it came from a Marvel film, it's the writing of a 16 year old attempting fan fiction for the first time.
Yeah reminds me of this tweet

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I wonder if he calls her every time she's out getting groceries to say "Where are you? What are you doing? Who are you with? When are you coming out?"

I hope she knows that persistence and creepiness is gonna stay if they end up having kids.

Yeah reminds me of this tweet

He probably insists on being on the phone with her constantly, even if they're not talking to each other. 'I just want to be with you always 🥺'

That tweet is way more romantic than anything the 26 week couple has ever said and done

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.