Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It irks me that Carrie thinks she's special going to the theatre by herself (or doing anything like that for that matter). There is nothing quirky about that, I do this on a regular basis due to friends who cannot necessarily afford to do so. I spent a week in London last year (I live almost 200 miles away) and saw three separate shows (including Cinderella).

Its a lovely way of doing things as it means you don't have to worry about doing things everyone wants to do.

Reactions: 21
It irks me that Carrie thinks she's special going to the theatre by herself (or doing anything like that for that matter). There is nothing quirky about that, I do this on a regular basis due to friends who cannot necessarily afford to do so. I spent a week in London last year (I live almost 200 miles away) and saw three separate shows (including Cinderella).

Its a lovely way of doing things as it means you don't have to worry about doing things everyone wants to do.
I do both. It’s quite nice going on your own as you say, you don’t have the pressure of buying certain seats or having dinner and drinks as well and is a nice chilled afternoon or evening

I personally didn’t know about ringing the box office for single seats I just thought it wasn’t possible on certain seats so that’s good to know

Reactions: 8
Oh my god Alex Day looks a bleeping state. I don’t like Carrie but she was WAY out of his league.

Reactions: 17
Her and Ivano playing up to the thing that gets caught in the wings after they go off. We know you are single Carrie put him down

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh my god Alex Day looks a bleeping state. I don’t like Carrie but she was WAY out of his league.
Least they had chemistry and obviously got on well which is more than can be said about her and Oliver's weird platonic roommate-style relationship lol. Obviously Alex Day is a selfish prick, but she and Oliver never seemed to have the same sense of humour, or any kind of real rapport or chemistry...nor did they ever seem to be on the same page about anything substantial. I think Carrie really wanted something to be there when it wasn't, and liked the idea of Oliver way more than she actually liked their real actual relationship. Every lockdown video, I swear Carrie seemed bored out of her skull when she wasn't the one speaking...I can't explain it, but you never got a sense of real connection between them the way you did with Alex and Pete. Even when I was a fan of Carrie's she and Oliver seemed like such a mismatched couple void of romantic chemistry.

Reactions: 17
Least they had chemistry and obviously got on well which is more than can be said about her and Oliver's weird platonic roommate-style relationship lol. Obviously Alex Day is a selfish prick, but she and Oliver never seemed to have the same sense of humour, or any kind of real rapport or chemistry...nor did they ever seem to be on the same page about anything substantial. I think Carrie really wanted something to be there when it wasn't, and liked the idea of Oliver way more than she actually liked their real actual relationship. Every lockdown video, I swear Carrie seemed bored out of her skull when she wasn't the one speaking...I can't explain it, but you never got a sense of real connection between them the way you did with Alex and Pete. Even when I was a fan of Carrie's she and Oliver seemed like such a mismatched couple void of romantic chemistry.
That’s true, Oliver and Pete never made her laugh like she did with Alex. Very sad that her happiest-looking relationship was with a complete wanker.

Reactions: 9
It make me feel a bit sick to be honest 🤢
Same. It’s like she’s deliberately trolling. Hope she didn’t do that when she was with Oliver, as smug as he seems she deserved to be dumped as that all over Ivano in the wing stuff is beyond work

Reactions: 1
Who is this other friend in her stories that she sent an oodie to? Reminds me of the quote ‘He who has a thousand friends has not one friend to spare.’ There’s no way you can have about 100 meaningful friendships. She has lots of acquaintances that she gets overly affectionate with. That’s not real friendship.

Reactions: 2
Before anyone talks about Alex Day and praises that relationship any further, can I remind everyone that he was a manipulative sexual predator around the time that Carrie was with him which caused a lot of stress and trauma for her at a relatively young age. That's a bit more serious than just being a wanker.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Before anyone talks about Alex Day and praises that relationship any further, can I remind everyone that he's was a self-admitted manipulative sexual predator around the time that Carrie was with him which caused a lot of stress and trauma for her at a relatively young age.
She wasn’t traumatised by him, his victims were. But yes he was a sexual predator. That’s why I called him a wanker.

Edit - Well done for editing your comment AFTER I replied to manipulate the conversation.

Reactions: 6
She wasn’t traumatised by him, his victims were. But yes he was a sexual predator. That’s why I called him a wanker.
She made a video talking about it; I can't imagine it was very nice to find out your boyfriend pressured other women into sex and basically didn't know what consent was. Agree that the victims are more important but it doesn't negate that she would have had a bad experience of him too from this.

Reactions: 6
She made a video talking about it; I can't imagine it was very nice to find out your boyfriend pressured other women into sex and basically didn't know what conexent was.

That’s not the same as being traumatised. People need to stop throwing the word trauma around.

Edit because you keep editing your comments AFTER I have commented to change the conversation - I never said it wasn’t a bad experience for her. I said she didn’t experience trauma from it. Trauma is a very real thing and using the word so casually is harmful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
That’s not the same as being traumatised. People need to stop throwing the word trauma around.

Edit because you keep editing your comments - I never said it wasn’t a bad experience for her. I said she didn’t experience trauma from it. Trauma is a very real thing and using the word so casually is harmful.
Sorry about the editing - it's late and I keep wanting to reword things better.

I think it's more of a personal take on what trauma is for someone. I can't say what's traumatic for you versus traumatic for me, and vice versa and the same with other people. Someone might go through an experience and have it really effect them and consider it a trauma and other people might not. Everyone reacts differently in different situations. It doesn't have to be something as obvious as sexual manipulation or abuse. It doesn't have to be one direct event, it can be a relationship or atmosphere or ongoing experience. At the end of the day, we don't know what happened behind closed doors and the only person who can describe her own experiences is Carrie and tbh I'd rather she didn't because that girl needs to stop oversharing lmao

Reactions: 5
She made a video talking about it; I can't imagine it was very nice to find out your boyfriend pressured other women into sex and basically didn't know what consent was. Agree that the victims are more important but it doesn't negate that she would have had a bad experience of him too from this.

Please stop yelling at the camera. Jeez

imagine Oliver asking what she wants for breakfast.

EGG. ON. TOAST. PLEASE. I’M. SO. WORKING. CLASS. SO. NO. AVOCADO

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Please stop yelling at the camera. Jeez
At least she's consistent 💀

Edit - Well done for editing your comment AFTER I replied to manipulate the conversation.
I just took out the "self admitted" part after looking up the apology video he did again because he denied being a sexual predator.... despite.... being one.

Reactions: 3
Sorry about the editing - it's late and I keep wanting to reword things better.

I think it's more of a personal take on what trauma is for someone. I can't say what's traumatic for you versus traumatic for me, and vice versa and the same with other people. Someone might go through an experience and have it really effect them and consider it a trauma and other people might not. Everyone reacts differently in different situations. It doesn't have to be something as obvious as sexual manipulation or abuse. It doesn't have to be one direct event, it can be a relationship or atmosphere or ongoing experience. At the end of the day, we don't know what happened behind closed doors and the only person who can describe her own experiences is Carrie and tbh I'd rather she didn't because that girl needs to stop oversharing lmao
Yes but your argument was trying to make some of us feel like we were praising a sexual predator. Which is a horrible thing to say. I’m not engaging in this conversation anymore because, as someone with PTSD from sexual assault, I’m not going to accept someone trying to make me feel guilty for ‘praising’ the relationship or for criticising me for calling him a wanker when ‘it’s a bit more serious’. I don’t need someone else telling me that sexual abuse is serious. I bleeping know.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She's always been unlikable. She wants to appear as this sweet "big sister" to her followers but if she was so nice then why does she snap at any fan who disagrees with her?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.