Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest Insta stories about going to the theatre alone. Why… is she talking like that?
Yeah, like, just ring Andrew who owns a load of the theatres and ask him to change it.

It’s a valid point but as usual it’s all about Carrie, why not use your contacts and name to get that changed for people wanting to go alone who have that problem too

She talks to everyone like they are thick and she’s having to spell it out for them

Reactions: 8
Yeah it seems like she’s looking for a reason to bring up “I am single and like books!”

Reactions: 9
The thing is, I don't even totally disagree with Carrie on the sheet music thing..... you don't need to know how to read sheet music to be a successful musical theatre performer. Of course it's helpful and makes learning music much easier, but plenty of people don't/learn in other ways. It's just the way she digs her heels in and tries to blame anybody but herself for not knowing how to. Who cares if you don't know how to read sheet music, Carrie - just shut up and get on with it!!

Reactions: 4
This woman........anything to create a drama and then put yourself at the centre of it.

Working for LW Theatres it's not the theatre owner that dies it, its the Producer that insists the single seat rule (which ALW is both). They do it to protect revenue. However, all you need to do is call the box office and they will release a single seat for you. I get its nit as convenient but its typical of this diva to make a drama and then put herself at the centre of it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She does realise that she can book a single seat wherever she wants if she just calls the Box Office right? I work in ticketing and it's as simple as that for 99% of theatres, they just don't allow it online to save too many gaps being created

Also, it's really not revolutionary to go to the theatre alone, I've been doing it for years and always meet other solo theatergoers. Why is she acting like she's the first person to do it? And don't get me started on how quirky she thinks it is to read during the interval lmao

Reactions: 18
I go to cinema all the time on my own, would probably go to the theatre too. I don’t get why she’s acting like shes the mysterious quirky person

Reactions: 16
I felt she was trying to drive home the fact that she's SINGLE and ALONE

Reactions: 16
Mentally she really does seem stuck in her teenage years. Problem is the older you get the odder and sadder that appears, you also are harder to relate to.

Reactions: 3
The thing is, I don't even totally disagree with Carrie on the sheet music thing..... you don't need to know how to read sheet music to be a successful musical theatre performer. Of course it's helpful and makes learning music much easier, but plenty of people don't/learn in other ways. It's just the way she digs her heels in and tries to blame anybody but herself for not knowing how to. Who cares if you don't know how to read sheet music, Carrie - just shut up and get on with it!!
Agree. The poor bloke was only suggesting it. Most people train throughout their careers. She’s stuck in childhood

She does realise that she can book a single seat wherever she wants if she just calls the Box Office right? I work in ticketing and it's as simple as that for 99% of theatres, they just don't allow it online to save too many gaps being created

Also, it's really not revolutionary to go to the theatre alone, I've been doing it for years and always meet other solo theatergoers. Why is she acting like she's the first person to do it? And don't get me started on how quirky she thinks it is to read during the interval lmao
It’s her new Bridget Jones Phase.
No one has been single before her...

Reactions: 9
THANK YOU for this thread!
out of all of the ridiculous stories she’s posted, the going to the theatre alone and oooooh reading a book like a mysterious little pixie has aggravated me the most.

Lots of people go to the theatre alone, the cinema, out to eat - making it part of her new quirky personality like she’s just discovered you don’t need someone with you to be able to do these things is not the one for me!

On a separate note, I’m actually seeing Cinderella on Saturday night so I’ll see this mysterious phenomenon live on stage.

Reactions: 21
Guys, did you know she reads?? We're so blessed to be in the presence of the first person ever to get covid, first person to ever go to the theatre alone, and the first person to ever enjoy books!
I. Am. Dead.💀💀😂🤣

Reactions: 1
Which is it Carrie? 🙄

Either you're very single and very alone and very vulnerable.

Or you're very popular with lots of friends and an independent women who doesn't need a man despite your desperate photo opportunities with gay men.

Reactions: 7
out of all of the ridiculous stories she’s posted, the going to the theatre alone and oooooh reading a book like a mysterious little pixie has aggravated me the most.

Lots of people go to the theatre alone, the cinema, out to eat - making it part of her new quirky personality like she’s just discovered you don’t need someone with you to be able to do these things is not the one for me!

On a separate note, I’m actually seeing Cinderella on Saturday night so I’ll see this mysterious phenomenon live on stage.
You’ll have to let us all know how she is! How excited are you to see the goofball herself live in action? Hope you get a good view of the Smiffys wig, no other show has one!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I definitely agree with her about the ticket booking issue - just annoys me that she's never thought of this before until _she_ was suddenly single. I've been single for soooo long until recently, and Carrie is very much a person who is super couple-y and concerned about that, but has no thought to single people and couple privilege until she herself became single. Annoying.

Reactions: 12
I truly believe Carrie wants to be a living example of Manic Panic Pixie Dream Girl trope

Ooh I look forward to a review 😁
I kind of want to see it but my other half doesn't, I might do a Carrie and go alone, making sure I bring a book for the interval

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.