Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched her instagram stories about the single ticket rule after reading about it here and oh my god 😶 I forgot how shouty she is - why are you shouting at me, Carrie??? I can't even imagine her actually phoning box office about single tickets like the rest of us do, it would involve too much effort on her part and she'd rather complain to her followers about it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
View attachment 1161392
Is this what you’re looking for? Also, notice how she doesn’t include dance in there
This was it thank you! I did have a bit of a trawl through the whole encounter and she’s just so rude! The guy even apologised at the end and wished her luck in Les Mis and replied, ending with a line about her not wanting to sit next to him in a rehearsal room. Rob Houchen commented on the same guys original tweet saying he couldn’t read music either and they had a civilised 3-4 tweet exchange about it and left it at that. Carrie always has to have the last word on everything so drags things out way longer than they have to!

Reactions: 5
Carrie’s stories about the single seats at the theatre- I agree and disagree at the same time! The amount of times I booked tickets for me and the bestie and had to book on separate rows because there weren’t 2 together tells you that actually they can sell individual tickets. These were all tickets booked online! It is a lot easier if you go for a ticket at the end of a row for single tickets. I do however believe that there should be a section of single seats available to buy online (as someone who gets incredibly anxious on the phone, the more stuff I can do without speaking to people the better!).
Btw, feeling so much better today!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
THANK YOU for this thread!
out of all of the ridiculous stories she’s posted, the going to the theatre alone and oooooh reading a book like a mysterious little pixie has aggravated me the most.

Lots of people go to the theatre alone, the cinema, out to eat - making it part of her new quirky personality like she’s just discovered you don’t need someone with you to be able to do these things is not the one for me!

On a separate note, I’m actually seeing Cinderella on Saturday night so I’ll see this mysterious phenomenon live on stage.
Prepare NOT to see her. She’s barely there...
Wonder when the Broadway Cinderella casts will be announced?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I can't believe Carrie stole my idea of bringing a book to read before the show and during the interval, I've been doing that for nearly a decade on solo theatre trips. How dare she think that the things she's doing is so different and inventive.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I totally agree with her on that tbh
Yeah I agree with her too. I’m talking about the way she was talking…

Okay just need to clarify as a few people misunderstood, I wasn’t having a go at what Carrie was saying about the single seat booking, I go to the theatre by myself too. I was having a go at the WAY she was taking. Which is what I said in my comment but I think a few people misunderstood. The WAY she was talking was very strange. Like, the shouting and over enunciating like she was talking to a preschooler.

Reactions: 7
The thing I find so fascinating about Carrie is how she keeps repeatedly hitting her head against the same brick wall. Rather than sit with her insecurities and figure out where they stem from, work on the things that can be changed, leant to accept what can’t etc - she constantly goes on the defence. Surely by now she’s realised that constantly arguing with the world and trying to passively aggressively force everyone to see things exactly the way she does - isn’t getting her anywhere in life?

If she’s so triggered by people criticising her for lack of training/technical skills - do a course or take private lessons? Or if you don’t want to do that (which is her right), accept the fact that there will always be people who see you as less of a musical theatre performer because of it. You can’t argue and whine and claim it’s toxic class privilege and rewrite your childhood to make it seem like you lived on the breadline.

It’s confusing to me that someone who so obviously gets off on public over sharing (and has literally monetised this for years) gets so irritated by,,, the opinions of the public? You’re the one who opened that door, and it’s brought you immeasurable benefits in life. But every upside has a corresponding downside. I just don’t get what she wants exactly, a magically fluffy fantasy world where she gets universal adoration from everyone all the time?

Reactions: 18
Yeah I agree with her too. I’m talking about the way she was talking…

Okay just need to clarify as a few people misunderstood, I wasn’t having a go at what Carrie was saying about the single seat booking, I go to the theatre by myself too. I was having a go at the WAY she was taking. Which is what I said in my comment but I think a few people misunderstood. The WAY she was talking was very strange. Like, the shouting and over enunciating like she was talking to a preschooler.
That voice she does goes through me. It’s like she’s constantly performing. Can you imagine having a wine down the pub with her (no me either) and she’s speaking like that

Reactions: 10
The thing I find so fascinating about Carrie is how she keeps repeatedly hitting her head against the same brick wall. Rather than sit with her insecurities and figure out where they stem from, work on the things that can be changed, leant to accept what can’t etc - she constantly goes on the defence. Surely by now she’s realised that constantly arguing with the world and trying to passively aggressively force everyone to see things exactly the way she does - isn’t getting her anywhere in life?

If she’s so triggered by people criticising her for lack of training/technical skills - do a course or take private lessons? Or if you don’t want to do that (which is her right), accept the fact that there will always be people who see you as less of a musical theatre performer because of it. You can’t argue and whine and claim it’s toxic class privilege and rewrite your childhood to make it seem like you lived on the breadline.

It’s confusing to me that someone who so obviously gets off on public over sharing (and has literally monetised this for years) gets so irritated by,,, the opinions of the public? You’re the one who opened that door, and it’s brought you immeasurable benefits in life. But every upside has a corresponding downside. I just don’t get what she wants exactly, a magically fluffy fantasy world where she gets universal adoration from everyone all the time?
This is my main issue with influencers generally to be honest. They want all the upsides but then start yelling about boundaries when it doesn’t suit them anymore. I don’t buy into the ‘I pay your wages with my views’ nonsense as I know it’s more complicated than that but they can’t escape the fact that they sell a certain portion of their privacy to build their community who will expect continued access even after they’ve made it and no longer want to share their life.

Reactions: 9
That voice she does goes through me. It’s like she’s constantly performing. Can you imagine having a wine down the pub with her (no me either) and she’s speaking like that
I totally agree. The shouty voice - it’s so fake. All round she really has gone to another level of being grating/annoying since Oli dumped her.

Reactions: 10
She has never before mentioned Dungeons & Dragons. Please please please do not let this be her latest new obsession.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh I'd love to see her try some Dungeons and Dragons. The minute something doesn't go her way, (and if you play, you know that can happen often depending on your rolls) she'd have the tantrum of a life time.

Reactions: 1
She'd be the worst at DnD if anyone dared play a game with her.
I started playing three years ago. We have the most chaotic Party ever. She’ll desperately want to be the DM or something so she could be condescending and bait/switch them.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.