Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oliver was 100% with her, initially anyway, to raise his profile. He loved the attention and perks of being with her and I would be surprised if he would have got Hans without her- he’s good but without her he was just another decent ensemble boy. But, as time went on, he realised that he’s got what he needed career wise and the next stage would be marriage, which he didn’t want. I think he waited until he had somewhere else to go, then dropped the bombshell. He is doing all the right things by keeping quiet though. If nothing else, it’s driving her completely mad.
As I said before, I never ever followed him nor did I actually watch any of the videos with him in it (yep, missed that entire lockdown thing they did). But - for years I read on here, in Carrie's threads, how he would never acknowledge her on his social media, how he only mentioned her in stories that would be gone after 24h....wouldnt that imply that he did not flaunt their relationship? I'm genuinely asking, because I'm sure I missed a lot. I do know that once he got Frozen, he and Carrie did that Westend power couple feature. But how did dating Carrie help raise his profile when they literally met on the same show? And he was already working as a mt performer?

Reactions: 3
She can’t compete with half the actresses she’s beaten to roles talent wise and, as I’ve said before, without the following she wouldn’t have got a look in in the first place. But, sadly for us, the following catches the eyes of the likes of CM, Grindrod, ALW. It’s an extra insurance of bums on seats.
Good thing it doesn't seem to have done Cinderella much good, frankly the fewer people are exposed to that show the better!

As I said before, I never ever followed him nor did I actually watch any of the videos with him in it (yep, missed that entire lockdown thing they did). But - for years I read on here, in Carrie's threads, how he would never acknowledge her on his social media, how he only mentioned her in stories that would be gone after 24h....wouldnt that imply that he did not flaunt their relationship? I'm genuinely asking, because I'm sure I missed a lot. I do know that once he got Frozen, he and Carrie did that Westend power couple feature. But how did dating Carrie help raise his profile when they literally met on the same show? And he was already working as a mt performer?
Yeah, all fair points. I suppose, the way I see it, is that she did the flaunting. So, by extension he got the coverage without having to do very much. She was far, far more established than him when they met. Addams Family was a bigger role but he was in no way a household theatre name. His profile grew with the vlogs, the instagrams, the posts. I may be wrong but I would be surprised. I was shocked by how long he kept it going for though! I feel the same about Scott (I know, don’t hate me) but he always keeping her close until he needs a wee social media bump. I went to the same drama school as him (albeit he different year) and he was certainly good at making friends with the right people.

Reactions: 14
I never got the impression he didn't mention their relationship. However, I'm northern like Oliver and I do think northern people don't always like to show their feelings or do PDA's. I'm not saying this is all northern people but northerners and southerners are definitely different! Like when Carrie shouted to him 'love you' at the marathon and he didn't shout it back. My northern husband wouldn't shout something like that out loud in public either and nor would I want him to!

I watched Oliver's vlogs and she was in plenty. The impression I always got was that she was more into him than he was her. They were more like flatmates who got on well.

Reactions: 2
to be fair i kind of know what she means by her insta - her appearance is the character’s appearance, so barbs about the character’s appearance will hurt more than barbs about the character’s personality (which isn’t her personality) acting is conveying the personality, the appearance is just how you as the actor happen to look. in the way people have criticised her on here for not looking the part of eponine/fantine, you can’t pretend there’s a disconnect between the characters appearance and the actors appearance. however, this was defo a post for her finsta and NOT her public instagram- imagine fans of cinderella going on her insta and seeing that!
I haven’t seen any attacks on her appearance or weight whilst on Cinderella like there was for Veronica and Fantine.
The barbs she’s talking about are in the script. No one has come for her on this part?
The role is written as a strong, independent, fiesty woman not a victim. Carrie is pretty and average sized. She’s really reaching here to find pity. Especially when her understudy is also pretty and a smaller dress size. Her alternate is also gorgeous. They’ve not gone down the plain route as that’s not how MT works. It’s silly fluff where usually the ‘ugly duckling’ only has to take down her hair or remove glasses to reveal stunning looks.
I don’t think any of the insults in a silly show like Cinderella can be taken seriously.
Taking it personally does not make sense.

But like a poster earlier said sympathy incoming from the break up has quietened down of late. She needs to generate some drama.
I’m not dismissing his hurt she is feeling btw. Break ups are hard especially if you really didn’t see it coming. It’s just weird to see it on a works Instagram page.
I wonder what her bosses are making of it?
Her complaints of feeling personally attacked by the script kinda ruins the vibe of the show?

The damn script was basically written around her. She wanted to be Bad Cinderella who's not like the other girls, has "a more than sky-high IQ", and is so superior to the conventionally pretty women who are mean to her. She talked about how ALW personally scouted her because she's the only big name MT actress out there who has Doc Martens and an attitude, just like Cinderella! If she's so strongly affected by how Cinderella is portrayed in the show, maybe the time to speak up was long before it ever made its way onto the West End?

• Sick
Reactions: 18
No way could Carrie compete with Amara Okereke as a singer or actress for the role of Eliza, she'd be relying once again on her social media following and currently that's not looking so hot ...
There is no way in hell Carrie would ever be cast in 'My Fair Lady'. She does not have the vocal range at all. Even social media couldn't save her.

Didn't she go for 'Waitress', not get it then argue she was 'too young' to play the role even though she and Lucie Jones are basically the same age?

Reactions: 11
The damn script was basically written around her. She wanted to be Bad Cinderella who's not like the other girls, has "a more than sky-high IQ", and is so superior to the conventionally pretty women who are mean to her. She talked about how ALW personally scouted her because she's the only big name MT actress out there who has Doc Martens and an attitude, just like Cinderella! If she's so strongly affected by how Cinderella is portrayed in the show, maybe the time to speak up was long before it ever made its way onto the West End?
She loved all the attention she got originating a leading role in the west end.
It’s only when she’s down that she’s reading scripted insults as personal attacks. Never bothered her before.
Never bothered her using mental health slurs in Bad Cinderella. So no sympathy here.
It’s only awful when it affects her.

Reactions: 12
There is no way in hell Carrie would ever be cast in 'My Fair Lady'. She does not have the vocal range at all. Even social media couldn't save her.

Didn't she go for 'Waitress', not get it then argue she was 'too young' to play the role even though she and Lucie Jones are basically the same age?

No way! 😂 That’s hilarious. Chelsea Halfpenny is only thirty! Why even say anything in the first place? Or just say, “yeah, I went for it and wasn’t right for it”. Blaming your age is just lame! You’re not going to Mama Rose!

Reactions: 4
Honestly, she needs time away from social media and the show. Sadly, it won’t be long until she does break completely

No way! 😂 That’s hilarious. Chelsea Halfpenny is only thirty! Why even say anything in the first place? Or just say, “yeah, I went for it and wasn’t right for it”. Blaming your age is just lame! You’re not going to Mama Rose!
It fits with her need to make excuses for everything so it's never her fault: it wasn't that the audition didn't go well/someone did a better job/she wasn't what they were looking for; it's that she's so young and fresh-faced no one would believe it! Just like West End Live: it's not that she put in a bad performance; they fucked up and the sound was awful, even though loads of other performers managed just fine.

Ok who did this? 🤣
It's insulting to imply an actual bonafide ghost writer wrote any of her atrocious fanfics. As if we needed any proof character names like "Sonny Shine" or "Olive Green" came from dear Carrie's ultra saccharine brain.

Remember in All That She Can See (I think?) when a character randomly reaches in and rips someone's literal heart out of their chest, when that kind of fiction wasn't established for that kind of universe? No writer worth their salt is going to randomly U-turn in-universe parameters in such a jarring way.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
It's insulting to imply an actual bonafide ghost writer wrote any of her atrocious fanfics. As if we needed any proof character names like "Sonny Shine" or "Olive Green" came from dear Carrie's ultra saccharine brain.

Remember in All That She Can See (I think?) when a character randomly reaches in and rips someone's literal heart out of their chest, when that kind of fiction wasn't established for that kind of universe? No writer worth their salt is going to randomly U-turn in-universe parameters in such a jarring way.
Actually you’re quite right! She NEEDS a ghost writer.
I can’t wait for her to write the book about the break up. I might even buy it though only if it’s in the discount rack for 99p.

Reactions: 4
She loved all the attention she got originating a leading role in the west end.
It’s only when she’s down that she’s reading scripted insults as personal attacks. Never bothered her before.
Never bothered her using mental health slurs in Bad Cinderella. So no sympathy here.
It’s only awful when it affects her.
Yeah, that last post was....something. She could at least have said something about being method to cover it up. If she can't leave the character at the theatre, that's her problem and no one else's.

She totally ripped that off from Once Upon a Time. 100%.

Reactions: 7
to be fair i kind of know what she means by her insta - her appearance is the character’s appearance, so barbs about the character’s appearance will hurt more than barbs about the character’s personality (which isn’t her personality) acting is conveying the personality, the appearance is just how you as the actor happen to look. in the way people have criticised her on here for not looking the part of eponine/fantine, you can’t pretend there’s a disconnect between the characters appearance and the actors appearance. however, this was defo a post for her finsta and NOT her public instagram- imagine fans of cinderella going on her insta and seeing that!
Yes, but the lyrics don’t change when the actress playing Cinderella changes, and all of them look wildly different to each other. So it obviously isn’t about her - it’s still acting…?
In any event her whole post just speaks to her insecurities about herself, if it sends her into a spiral hearing scripted insults without having someone say “don’t worry babe you’re beautiful” at the end of the night to balance it out. Obviously lots of people have insecurities like this so I can’t really hate on her for that, but agree with the other posts that she would be better saying all of this to a therapist rather than into the Instagram ether.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.