Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They shouldn’t have deleted the whole thread about it though? She chose to put it out there?
Did anyone answer them or was it a one person rant?
A couple of people were responding but they were remaining quite calm and reasonable, if a little patronising.

Woah what happened? The posts have been removed.

Didn’t even have time to microwave the popcorn. Any screenshots?
I didn't take any, wish I had! Perhaps someone else did?

Reactions: 1
She always gets way too involved in the character, every character she plays she suddenly "becomes" them and identifies her whole personality with them, like Heather and Wednesday. She's so self obsessed and egotistical she has to make everything about her. Cinderella is clearly not meant to be unattractive but she is taking it so personally She needs help!

Reactions: 9
But also is this the first time she’s been dumped? Has she always been the one to end her previous relationships as if so that will sting too that she had no control over it.
It is the first time or at least in her adult relationships. She's the one who left Charlie, she left Alex for obvious reasons, she left Pete because she'd met Oliver

Reactions: 2
Unfortunately now the whole discussion on TB has been deleted at the request of the person who first brought it up. I think they felt uncomfortable that they started a whole argument 😅
At least every one seems to play nice here (at least on this thread)

• Haha
I can see her going one of two ways after this, either she will meet someone soon and fall in love very quickly and push for getting married very quickly and end up divorced OR she will remain single with another boyfriend or two mixed in over the years. Honestly I know how much she desires to have a partner but she is so self obsessed I don’t know how she ever maintained any relationship long term 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I can see her going one of two ways after this, either she will meet someone soon and fall in love very quickly and push for getting married very quickly and end up divorced OR she will remain single with another boyfriend or two mixed in over the years. Honestly I know how much she desires to have a partner but she is so self obsessed I don’t know how she ever maintained any relationship long term 🤷🏽‍♀️
I am so surprised her and Oliver lasted as long as they did, I really think the only think her and Oliver had in common with each other is that their both so obsessed with themselves.🤷🏻‍♀️ They wanted such different things went it came to major life things like marriage, which is fine too each their own, but how and why did either of them think it would actually work out in the long run?! I don’t know, I just have always found that odd.🤷🏻‍♀️

She's just so extreme with everything though.

She probably thinks it translates as passion or wearing her heart on her sleeve. But all she's doing is proving there is absolutely zero restraint, zero self control.

Reactions: 6
Lol, no, she's exaggerating massively. The stepmother calls her shockingly plain which is hardly a huge assault on 'her' looks. Georgina is gorgeous even in the dodgy costume but guess what it's just a role!
I mean the Prince is repeatedly called plain and disappointing but is played by an extremely beautiful looking man so you know... Acting! I doubt Ivano's crying into his vodka that it's hurting his self esteem.
You're wrong, the lyrics DO say "a hag noone would shag"

Apologies, just caught up with the rest of the thread and seen you've already established this!

It is the first time or at least in her adult relationships. She's the one who left Charlie, she left Alex for obvious reasons, she left Pete because she'd met Oliver
Alex did dump her the first time they broke up. I remember because it later came out that he'd been cheating, and broke up with her after she discovered the cheating, and she still really clung to the relationship afterwards. She made that video after their first breakup talking about how she couldn't accept that she'd be better off without him, that she didn't agree with people in her life who were telling her she should be moving on.

It's hard to end a relationship when you've been cheated on, even though you realize it's what has to be done. I think it says a lot about Carrie's insecurity and inability to be single that she got cheated on and dumped, and still clung to the guy. I think a lot of her cringy erratic behaviour now is caused by not having a new person to provide her with the validation she needs; she had her thing with Jack Howard during her breaks with Alex, Pete appeared pretty soon after Alex, we know Pete/Oliver overlapped in some way... but now she's just by herself, which she's clearly deeply uncomfortable with.

As far as I understand, according to some interpretations narcissistic behaviour fundamentally points to a pathological lack of self esteem, that makes people act grandiose to compensate. Carrie's latest post about her 'glad rags' really illustrates that she doesn't have it in her to feel good about herself on her own, she needs outside validation. She said it herself, when she doesn't have a boyfriend at home who can make her feel good about herself she falls into a pit. She doesn't have that quiet inner self esteem that would prevent her from needing to seek attention online with posts about how 'fierce' she is. I definitely understand needing outside validation when your self esteem is lacking, and that's why I also agree with everyone here recommending therapy. That's the kind of thing you can work on.

Reactions: 13
I think if she had been 24/25 when he left her it wouldn’t have had as big an impact on her. It’s because she’s going to be 30 and she obviously thought they would marry and have kids and live happily ever after like Tom & Gi or her Mum and Dad!

But also is this the first time she’s been dumped? Has she always been the one to end her previous relationships as if so that will sting too that she had no control over it.

I have noticed they both post Instagram stories at the same time! It’s very tit for tat but on her part I’d say.
Carrie's always been the dumper with a new beau trailing behind her each time. Now she's the dumpee, and doesn't have a convenient new boy toy.

Reactions: 3
I am so surprised her and Oliver lasted as long as they did, I really think the only think her and Oliver had in common with each other is that their both so obsessed with themselves.🤷🏻‍♀️ They wanted such different things went it came to major life things like marriage, which is fine too each their own, but how and why did either of them think it would actually work out in the long run?! I don’t know, I just have always found that odd.🤷🏻‍♀️
I always thought one of the reasons he was with her was for somewhere to stay in London when he worked! I'm not sure where he lived before he moved into her flat? So the flat was hers and then the house was hers. I wonder how Oliver felt that he didn't own half the house say? He said at the weekend he's moving so wonder if he's bought his own place after saving up while he lived with Carrie?

I also found it odd whenever he was going back to Warrington to see his family, she never went with him. I don't even know if she ever met his family?!

Lockdown probably made him re-evaluate their relationship especially spending so much time together whereas normally they were probably like ships that passed in the night?! Maybe living with her 24/7 he realised how irritating she is?!

I always thought one of the reasons he was with her was for somewhere to stay in London when he worked! I'm not sure where he lived before he moved into her flat? So the flat was hers and then the house was hers. I wonder how Oliver felt that he didn't own half the house say? He said at the weekend he's moving so wonder if he's bought his own place after saving up while he lived with Carrie?

I also found it odd whenever he was going back to Warrington to see his family, she never went with him. I don't even know if she ever met his family?!

Lockdown probably made him re-evaluate their relationship especially spending so much time together whereas normally they were probably like ships that passed in the night?! Maybe living with her 24/7 he realised how irritating she is?!
Not sure where Oliver lived before but I always assumed this too (kind of like Scott stayed with Carrie whenever he was working in London)

Maybe Carrie never went with him because she couldn't get the time off. But tbf in four years I don't think she ever once mentioned meeting his family?

If Carrie is someone who needs constant validation that can get old real quick

I said this on the thread but I don't think Carrie going for Olaf makes any sense timeline-wise. Cinderella was cast before frozen. Carrie was announced in Feb 2020 (she appeared in the workshop in 2019 so defo was in talks before this announcement) and the Frozen cast announced the two leads in April 2020 and the rest of the cast June / July. Why would Carrie audition for Olaf in frozen if she was already signed onto Cinderella? Maybe, maybe she would audition for Anna while negotiating for Cinderella but Olaf! Carrie was also desperate to be the new face of an ALW show and originate a role she wouldn't turn that down to be the 5th lead of frozen especially with another high profile female star.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.