Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooh the tea ☕
Not surprised if Oliver cheated, but that really sucks for Carrie.

I think she'd be rather good as Olaf, but (and I hate to say it) she doesn't have the look for Anna or Elsa
Yeah, unfortunately I’m not surprised either if he did, it really sucks for her if he did because I truly believe she loved him. If that is the case she’s truly better off without him, and that would explain why the breakup has hit her so hard. If that’s what happened, which I wouldn’t be surprised if that is what happened, I do feel for her.

Reactions: 1
View attachment 1172965

on r/deuxmoi about London theatre ☕
Okay so obviously if the Oliver cheating stuff happened that is awful, poor Carrie etc. Not sure I buy it though. I feel like she'd be making a lot more barbed comments about being betrayed than just vague tit about people not loving you enough. I still think he'd had enough and she didn't see it coming.

HOWEVER, I am simply too busy dying at the thought of Carrie auditioning for Olaf because she couldn't go for Elsa or Anna 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
View attachment 1172965

on r/deuxmoi about London theatre ☕
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oliver's cheating is the reason he never posted about Carrie... except for sometimes really ambiguously with a heart emoji. Which, you can also use heart emojis for captions on pictures with friends. He never seemed to actually confirm that she was his girlfriend.

Also, weird coincidence that I mentioned Alex Day in my last post, because (and I don't want to keep bringing him up, but) he actually did the same thing. She only mentioned way after they broke up that she realized he wanted to keep their relationship hidden online so that he could still meet up with other girls/tell them he was single. So if Oliver really did cheat, it would definitely seem Carrie has kind of a pattern with guys.

I do feel for her though, if true that would be so awful, and gross of Oliver.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’m having a late birthday trip in London and I’m seeing a show tonight, my mum is reluctantly going to see Cinderella on her own, wish her luck 🤣 she asked me if she would be seeing Carrie. Do you think I should tweet her to ask 😭😭🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m having a late birthday trip in London and I’m seeing a show tonight, my mum is reluctantly going to see Cinderella on her own, wish her luck 🤣 she asked me if she would be seeing Carrie. Do you think I should tweet her to ask 😭😭🤷🏼‍♀️🤣
I actually think it's Georgina on tonight!

Reactions: 2
I feel like people seem to forget Oliver broke up with Carrie very shortly after finishing his Covid isolation. Wouldn't be surprised if the forced time alone gave him time to re-evaluate their relationship and made him realize he wasn't really missing Carrie when he was locked away from her.

Remember when Carrie was touring for Chitty and in Dubai for Les Mis and Pete would video chat her every single night? Feel like if Covid hit in 2015 and one of them had to isolate they'd be doing morse code "I love you" messages banging on the walls or something lmao. Neither Carrie nor Oliver really made a point to mention that spending 10 days isolating from each other was going to be difficult or anything.

Reactions: 17
I have to say I do feel for her.

For my sins, she reminds me a lot of myself pre-therapy. I had no idea who I was so I kept trying to find it in things or other people. It felt like an identity but it wasn’t. I was a girlfriend, or a gardener, or a tutor. I only existed in relation to other things, so my interests in things/people was intense. It also meant when I lost that thing or person I lost my whole sense of self. When my last partner cheated on me I felt like I couldn’t stop myself over sharing on social media because I had zero coping mechanisms.

I get the feeling Carrie is like that, especially when you look at how she loses herself in roles. Hopefully she takes proper time for herself and maybe even starts working with a therapist. She could take dance classes and learn to read music, or travel somewhere that isn’t Disney.

Despite how cringe she can be sometimes, I think she has a lot going for her and sometimes breakups can be the kick up the arse someone needs to get their tit together.

Reactions: 22
For me it’s sad because Carrie seems to be someone who has never had a single true close friend, someone who she can call 24/7 365 days a year and they will pick up no matter what.
She mentions friends but she has never mentioned a one constant best friend through the years has she?

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry…..but Olaf?! 🤣
Nah this is a joke post surely.
Auditions don’t work like that.
You don’t go from auditioning for Elsa and Anna to suddenly deciding to go for Olaf when they don’t work out 😂She was already contracted to Cinderella so couldn’t have gone for those roles anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️

Plus the Oliver cheating thing. If that did happen (and I’m guess not or we’d have heard. ALL about it) then Carrie has probably spent the last 4 years feeling insecure with him.
when a relationship starts with cheating it’s only a matter of time before one of you does the same again...

I think it is tbh. Even on Broadway a makeup artist comes in to teach them how to do it themselves- I love watching the Broadway.com videos. Even for Cats the actors were given pictures of their makeup which they had to do by themselves. The only person who really gets any help is Elphaba from Wicked because going green is time consuming and a 3 person job.
The only exception qre roles like Elphaba which is obviously full on

to be fair i kind of know what she means by her insta - her appearance is the character’s appearance, so barbs about the character’s appearance will hurt more than barbs about the character’s personality (which isn’t her personality) acting is conveying the personality, the appearance is just how you as the actor happen to look. in the way people have criticised her on here for not looking the part of eponine/fantine, you can’t pretend there’s a disconnect between the characters appearance and the actors appearance. however, this was defo a post for her finsta and NOT her public instagram- imagine fans of cinderella going on her insta and seeing that!

Reactions: 8
The both rate themselves. The ego in that house must have been unreal.
I still can’t get over this Cinderella post and thinking she is Cinderella, she’s really reaching to get that sympathy
This is it. Clearly the reactions aren't (anymore) what she wants, not enough "poor Carrie, evil Oliver" probably. She's tried a few approaches now. Next step is hinting at Oliver making her feel unloved/unattractive during their relationship .

Edit: I was replying while still catching up with the thread and have now read that insider report. First time ever that I read something positive about Carrie from an alleged industry insider and they can't do it without dragging Oliver and putting something out there about him without proof. This is so obviously fake. And the user's name sounds like something Carrie would make up lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
She never auditioned for Anna or Elsa. Sam Barks was attached to that role from very, very early on and the casting breakdown for Anna was very clear about size and height, they wanted her to look very young, borderline childlike ( I know this because I saw it when it very first went out).

I would be very, very surprised if she was considered for Olaf given they wanted an almost identical replica of the film, where possible.

I bet she’s kicking herself that she’s tied in to this sh*t heap of a show and missed the boat on My Fair Lady and Waitress…

Oliver was 100% with her, initially anyway, to raise his profile. He loved the attention and perks of being with her and I would be surprised if he would have got Hans without her- he’s good but without her he was just another decent ensemble boy. But, as time went on, he realised that he’s got what he needed career wise and the next stage would be marriage, which he didn’t want. I think he waited until he had somewhere else to go, then dropped the bombshell. He is doing all the right things by keeping quiet though. If nothing else, it’s driving her completely mad.

There is a stark difference to how is she with her in the Addams vlogs and the GMW ones. I'm not saying you should compare to the two but I feel like it's quite telling.

Reactions: 2
I bet she’s kicking herself that she’s tied in to this sh*t heap of a show and missed the boat on My Fair Lady and Waitress…
No way could Carrie compete with Amara Okereke as a singer or actress for the role of Eliza, she'd be relying once again on her social media following and currently that's not looking so hot ...

Reactions: 4
No way could Carrie compete with Amara Okereke as a singer or actress for the role of Eliza, she'd be relying once again on her social media following and currently that's not looking so hot ...
She can’t compete with half the actresses she’s beaten to roles talent wise and, as I’ve said before, without the following she wouldn’t have got a look in in the first place. But, sadly for us, the following catches the eyes of the likes of CM, Grindrod, ALW. It’s an extra insurance of bums on seats.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.