Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it bad to say I hope she harnesses that feeling and starts phasing out her granny fashion phase? She really ages herself like crazy when she's technically still in her 20s. Seriously wish I could give homegirl a makeover and help her buy clothes that flatter her again lol. Also think she'd do really well with properly styled *WAVY* hair, like relaxed hair that's been curled with a curling iron instead of clinging to her old persona of "curly girl" when her hair obviously just doesn't have the same curl to it as when she was younger and her attempts at styling it come off as crunchy and WAY too poofy and unflatteringly wide at the top of her head.

Reactions: 8
I've blotted most of that number out of my brain for my own sanity, particularly the attempt to rhyme "Cinderella" with "salmonella"
I'm pretty sure that's in a different song. Dodgy lyrics abound. 😄

You'd think that after Hercules and Mulan he'd be good at some of the more tongue-in-cheek songs, but actually I think the lyrics for the ballads are better in this.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Can anyone explain to me what face she's trying to pull in the reel she's posted to her insta feed today? The one with "Rather Be" by Clean Bandit. She's using a relatively normal face and the sticky tongue out rocker face thing. Is she trying to be sexy because it looks considerably worse than her usual "trying to be sexy" faces.

Lol, no, she's exaggerating massively. The stepmother calls her shockingly plain which is hardly a huge assault on 'her' looks. Georgina is gorgeous even in the dodgy costume but guess what it's just a role!
I mean the Prince is repeatedly called plain and disappointing but is played by an extremely beautiful looking man so you know... Acting! I doubt Ivano's crying into his vodka that it's hurting his self esteem.
She has way too much time on her hands and a sky high self obsession if she is being affected by the lyrics of a show. Cinderella gets the Prince at the end? She defeats her enemies at the end while not changing for a man!
Girl needs a hobby

Reactions: 10
I don’t know what it is but Oliver gives me the biggest ick going. He gives me sexless Ken doll vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
On one hand, I do feel sorry for Carrie. I’ve always wonder how actors feel when they cast in ‘ugly’ roles (eg. Martha in Heathers). On the other hand, she needs to shut up. I’ve never seen someone whine so much on their professional social media. If she had a bigger platform, she’d be cancelled like, yesterday. Most ordinary people don’t want to hear about how hard your dreadfully glamorous life is, when you get to star on the West End every night. And if she really had a problem with the depiction of Cinderella, she shouldn’t have taken the role.

But she did take the role, bc ALW was licking her arse and boosting her ego, and she couldn’t wait to be the centre of attention again. Now that ALW has lost interest, and the general hype around Cinderella has quietened, she wants to whine about it. Give me a break. Never seen someone more self-involved.

Reactions: 15
On one hand, I do feel sorry for Carrie. I’ve always wonder how actors feel when they cast in ‘ugly’ roles (eg. Martha in Heathers).
Martha is overweight and "uncool" but she's the kindest, most sympathetic character in the show while the gorgeous Heathers are cruel bullies that no one really likes. Similarly, all the lines Carrie quotes about Cinderella are said by the shallow, spiteful townsfolk; whom the audience is supposed to dislike while rooting for the feisty Cinderella. She wanted the role because Cinderella was "not like the other girls" and didn't fit regressive beauty standards, just like Carrie! So she can hardly complain about it now

Reactions: 17
I find it bizarre that she’s happily sung all the appalling lyrics such as loon, nutter etc, despite representing mental health charities. But now she’s feeling down it’s time to complain about it. I hope she never works in the West End again.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
When I read her post I couldn’t help but wonder what her long ago champion ALW is making of it all.
Cinderella has been non stop drama with her at the helm from beginning to end.
She barely posts about the show, throws shade his way, publically shares intimate details of her life and now her mental health is being affected by the dialogue? When she’s sung lyrics from Bad Cinderella with no thought to others with actual mental health crisis?
It takes a very silly girl or one with a huge ego to go up against one of the titans of the musical world.
Bet he wishes he cast one of the queens from Six at this point.

I find it bizarre that she’s happily sung all the appalling lyrics such as loon, nutter etc, despite representing mental health charities. But now she’s feeling down it’s time to complain about it. I hope she never works in the West End again.
Amen to this!
I despised her for not standing up to the lyrics on that song and then when she got some heat on social media for it decided to give ‘some’ proceeds of a run to an Alzheimer’s charity.
She reposts about mental health constantly as a performative measure. She can talk the talk but her actions are hypocritical. It’s really hard to have sympathy when any sympathy she shows for others are just for likes and she doesn’t actually DO anything. It was completely in her power at the early stages for her to say she was uncomfortable with those lyrics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I think the one thing Carrie and Oliver had in common was they both try way too hard

Reactions: 14
I think the one thing Carrie and Oliver had in common was they both try way too hard
The both rate themselves. The ego in that house must have been unreal.
I still can’t get over this Cinderella post and thinking she is Cinderella, she’s really reaching to get that sympathy

Reactions: 16
On one hand, I do feel sorry for Carrie. I’ve always wonder how actors feel when they cast in ‘ugly’ roles (eg. Martha in Heathers). On the other hand, she needs to shut up. I’ve never seen someone whine so much on their professional social media. If she had a bigger platform, she’d be cancelled like, yesterday. Most ordinary people don’t want to hear about how hard your dreadfully glamorous life is, when you get to star on the West End every night. And if she really had a problem with the depiction of Cinderella, she shouldn’t have taken the role.

But she did take the role, bc ALW was licking her arse and boosting her ego, and she couldn’t wait to be the centre of attention again. Now that ALW has lost interest, and the general hype around Cinderella has quietened, she wants to whine about it. Give me a break. Never seen someone more self-involved.
i think most of them probably don’t mind, like a lot of “ugly” characters are just either plain or a bit dowdy that can be done with styling choices rather than unattractive. Carrie is just being dramatic 🤣

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.