Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie always said her Addams Family was her uni experience, and Oliver was her uni boyfriend.

Reactions: 2
Just nipped over to Theatreboard and interestingly enough the discussion is also about Carrie's behaviour in the wings with Ivano and her lack of vocal training.

Reactions: 12
I'm out of the loop, what behaviour in the wings with Ivano?
Someone on Theatreboard said that while waiting to go on for the cast bows, Carrie and Ivano were (mutually) dry-humping in the wings and that it came across as a joke rather than seriously hitting on each other. The OP didn't think it could be seen from the stage, but others replied to say Carrie is aware that from some seats you can see into the wings

Do people still behave that way with their friends when they're almost 30?

Reactions: 7
She does it because she knows people can see it. They'll record it and she can share it on her Instagram story and be like "look I'm with a boy"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's interesting as in most workplaces now that may be enough for a potential complaint being made. Having recently undergone 'active bystander' training at work, it's now in theory possible for someone to lodge a complaint against your behaviour even if the people involved were in on it. So for example you could be teasing eachother in the office in a friendly way, but if someone else in the room is offended or thinks it's discrimatory, inappropriate etc they can complain on someone elses behalf, even though its nothing to do with them and the people involved are in on the joke.

Reactions: 3
It's interesting as in most workplaces now that may be enough for a potential complaint being made. Having recently undergone 'active bystander' training at work, it's now in theory possible for someone to lodge a complaint against your behaviour even if the people involved were in on it. So for example you could be teasing eachother in the office in a friendly way, but if someone else in the room is offended or thinks it's discrimatory, inappropriate etc they can complain on someone elses behalf, even though its nothing to do with them and the people involved are in on the joke.
That seems a bit much. I understand standing up for people when they are being bullied and sexually harassed in the work place but the idea of being offended for someone else when they aren’t even offended by it rubs me the wrong way.

Reactions: 9
This is the problem we have now. It's really important that people who are misbehaving are held accountable. But we don't have a right to be offended for someone who isn't themselves offended.

So in your example of two people having a joke, someone else being offended and complaining is utterly unnecessary in my opinion.

There is a case for saying that quick words might be necessary to say certain language or behaviour isn't suitable for the workplace even as a joke between friends and such. But it doesn't need to be too formal.

If someone was visibly distressed or upset, but didn't complain themselves for feeling uncomfortable or something then okay, raise the issue with HR, or even speak to the victim to support them in raising the issue themselves.

But finding a problem where there isn't one, get a life. It's like the people who send complaints to Ofcom because they are offended by Naked Attraction on TV. Just don't watch it.

Reactions: 8
That seems a bit much. I understand standing up for people when they are being bullied and sexually harassed in the work place but the idea of being offended for someone else when they aren’t even offended by it rubs me the wrong way.
I don't disagree, but it's definitely a thing sadly. Banter between my work mates has been sometimes all that gets me through office life, if that goes it's going to be bloody boring

She does it because she knows people can see it. They'll record it and she can share it on her Instagram story and be like "look I'm with a boy"
Or "look Oliver, I'm having fun without you!!"
It seems very unprofessional to me to mess around with a co-worker in the wings when the audience can see you. When I studied Drama that was always a big no-no

Reactions: 5
It seems very unprofessional to me to mess around with a co-worker in the wings when the audience can see you. When I studied Drama that was always a big no-no
"When I studied drama!" Carrie could never. Which is why she doesn't know how to behave appropriately (or act to save her life).

Reactions: 6
This is a really good point- if I’d done that even just in secondary school plays (I’m no actor may I add) I would have been torn apart by our teachers. If I knew this at 15, she should definitely know it on the West End in her 30s.

I think the fact that young children might see her makes it very inappropriate. I'm not a parent but I don't think someone would want their child to ask what Cinderella was just doing at the side of the stage

Reactions: 15
I don't disagree, but it's definitely a thing sadly. Banter between my work mates has been sometimes all that gets me through office life, if that goes it's going to be bloody boring
Yup. We roast each other on the daily. Without that, it’s insufferable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.