Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long after dating Alex did she get together with Pete? Just curious.
From my Youtube-watching-days, I have this etched in my mind 😅 I think the stories came out about Alex around April, and she was "official" with Pete by the end of September.

Reactions: 5
There's some cheap seats for Cinderella and I'm really debating whether taking one for the team and seeing it 😳

Reactions: 6
There's some cheap seats for Cinderella and I'm really debating whether taking one for the team and seeing it 😳
You’ll get to see the Smiffys wig live in action! Can’t pass up that amazing opportunity!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s mind blowing like costumes and makeup are surely an intrinsic feature of it 🙃
Now I think about it, Addams was a tour so it would have been expensive to hire a make up artist for that.
I think if it's more complicated make up then you'd get help.

Maybe it's part of theatre culture that actors do their own make up

Reactions: 5
Not the tarot cards 🙈

She's really gonna go through the white-girl-post-break-up ✨ spiritual ✨ phase.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Now I think about it, Addams was a tour so it would have been expensive to hire a make up artist for that.
I think if it's more complicated make up then you'd get help.

Maybe it's part of theatre culture that actors do their own make up
I think it is tbh. Even on Broadway a makeup artist comes in to teach them how to do it themselves- I love watching the Broadway.com videos. Even for Cats the actors were given pictures of their makeup which they had to do by themselves. The only person who really gets any help is Elphaba from Wicked because going green is time consuming and a 3 person job.

Reactions: 9
Not the tarot cards 🙈

She's really gonna go through the white-girl-post-break-up ✨ spiritual ✨ phase.
Yeah....it's also, like.... she can do what she wants to do to feel better about break-up stuff, I won't blame her for that.
But I, for one, wouldn't share every little, odd thing I do to get over break ups. I do my fare share of odd things myself when in emotional turmoil after a break up, that's fine, it's human, it's neccessary - but my followers on SoMe don't need to see it. It's not interesting. Also, tarot cards is just..kinda cringe, because even if you don't believe in it, putting it on SoMe might make some people think she takes it seriously or something.
Carrie, please put it on your Finsta, or better yet - just do it in your own time and show Edgar, maybe tell your close friends if you want, but you don't have to tell your followers every little method you have to feel better.

Reactions: 7
Oh I agree, she can and should do anything during this time that helps her get over the breakup; going on trips, getting tattoos, changing hair color, finding comfort in tarot cards - I just find it hilarious (and open to commentary) that she does ALL that on her social media. I don't know any other musical theatre star of her level of fame who does that. As I've said before, there are SO many other things she could post about. I mean it - she could post cover songs, reels about her day, make-up-related stuff, whatever. But THIS is what she decides to put out there on her public social media. I don't know, Carrie.

EAT PRAY LOVE ERA CONTINUES!!! Now get yourself to a yoga retreat next, travel to Italy and find some sexy normie for you, girl!
YES! I’m so wanting her to go on a vacation somewhere so she can post about it every 5 seconds, I need some entertainment! Get your suitcases and Berets ready ladies, we’re going to Italy!!!

Has anyone seen Oliver’s latest Instagram story?! The pose! I can’t!🤦🏻‍♀️💀😂🤣

• Haha
Guys, I took one for the team and saw the show last night.

Overall, it was fine - I knew what to expect and there were some laughs. The biggest thing for me was just how…sluggish(?) Carrie looked next to the rest of the cast. The lack of acting skills and dancing skills was magnified and her voice isn’t what it used to be I thought. Compared to the other cast members, who I thought were really good, she’s not on the same level.

The wig, the face - was NOT fully prepared for it live and in full bloom 😳

However, she DOES have a group of fans who obviously go to the shows, some whooping and cheering, especially for the bows at the end.

(Edited a typo)

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Guys, I took one for the team and saw the show last night.

Overall, it was fine - I knew what to expect and there were some laughs. The biggest thing for me was just how…sluggish(?) Carrie looked next to the rest of the cast. The lack of acting skills and dancing skills was magnified and her voice isn’t what it used to be I thought. Compared to the other cast members, who I thought were really good, she’s not on the same level.

The wig, the face - was NOT fully prepared for it live and in full bloom 😳

However, she DOES have a group of fans who obviously to the shows, some whooping and cheering, especially for the bows at the end.
“In full bloom” 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She's doing an Insta live right now and mentioned Celinde haha, and she's going on a book tour so she will be off Cinders the week after her book comes out. Honestly, the fact that she has this much pull to get an ALW show to accommodate to her various jobs and give her time off whenever she wants, is amazing.

And sorry, but that make-up is awful. I know she most likely had no say in this (she's in Cinderella outfit right now) and it's applied okay, but it's just not a great look.

Last edited:
From 6:55, Carrie talks about an audition she had where she wasn't offered the part, but she was in the finals for the role. They then came back to her 6 months later, offering her the part, and she said no because she felt they should have the integrity to stick to their decision. Is it just me, or is this an odd stance to take? If the person they hired over her had to back out due to something, then they would need another person for the role, and so it would surely make sense to go to people who went to the finals during the audition process. This happens in job interview life sometimes, too, where people get thought of later...

Reactions: 21
From 6:55, Carrie talks about an audition she had where she wasn't offered the part, but she was in the finals for the role. They then came back to her 6 months later, offering her the part, and she said no because she felt they should have the integrity to stick to their decision. Is it just me, or is this an odd stance to take? If the person they hired over her had to back out due to something, then they would need another person for the role, and so it would surely make sense to go to people who went to the finals during the audition process. This happens in job interview life sometimes, too, where people get thought of later...

I’ve been in this situation for a job before I grabbed that chance to take the job! Carrie saying that just comes across as very entitled

Reactions: 15

I think her stance on this exposes her child like view of the way the world actually works. I’ve posted about my thoughts on this before but I think Carrie suffers from very black or white thinking. Either something is this or it’s that, no nuance. They rejected her so obviously they didn’t see her worth!!! And they dared to come crawling back!! Or rather, there was a myriad of understandable reasons why they went for someone else and then 6 months later approached you for it? Not even in a catty way, but I genuinely think Carrie believes she’s the main character of the universe.

Reactions: 20

It IS an odd stance but I've heard similar stories from other actors too, where they didn't get one part, and then declined months later when they got offered the part. They mostly (not always!) decline because they got something else in the meantime, but I can see how Carrie - who never has to worry over being jobless for a longer period of time - would see it as empowering or proving her integrity to say no.

It IS an odd stance but I've heard similar stories from other actors too, where they didn't get one part, and then declined months later when they got offered the part. They mostly (not always!) decline because they got something else in the meantime, but I can see how Carrie - who never has to worry over being jobless for a longer period of time - would see it as empowering or proving her integrity to say no.
I o absolutely think she said no more because if she wasn’t good enough the first time then why should she. She’s a brat

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.