Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The learning to read music argument she has is bull. Many state primary schools in the 90s gave recorder lessons to pupils, which included sheet music reading. Doing music GCSE meant having (free) music lessons in an instrument of your choice, including vocals if that’s what you chose. Also including sheet music reading. There’s no way she hasn’t had the opportunity to learn, she’s just chosen not to.

Reactions: 11
The learning to read music argument she has is bull. Many state primary schools in the 90s gave recorder lessons to pupils, which included sheet music reading. Doing music GCSE meant having (free) music lessons in an instrument of your choice, including vocals if that’s what you chose. Also including sheet music reading. There’s no way she hasn’t had the opportunity to learn, she’s just chosen not to.
This genuinely annoys me so much. This is her profession and there really is no excuse nowadays, even if by some chance she wasn't able to learn in school, there are hundreds of free (and paid - she has the money lol) resources online to learn how to read sheet music. It comes off so cocky that she consistently brags about not knowing despite it being her career. If I was bragging about not doing relevant further training in my career I could potentially be fired lol

Reactions: 11
This genuinely annoys me so much. This is her profession and there really is no excuse nowadays, even if by some chance she wasn't able to learn in school, there are hundreds of free (and paid - she has the money lol) resources online to learn how to read sheet music. It comes off so cocky that she consistently brags about not knowing despite it being her career. If I was bragging about not doing relevant further training in my career I could potentially be fired lol
I mean not being rude she’s had time to learn sheet music, she does act so dumb being all I don’t know how to read sheet music 😅

Reactions: 6
I mean not being rude she’s had time to learn sheet music, she does act so dumb being all I don’t know how to read sheet music 😅
She could've been learning how to read sheet music when she had covid instead of telling us every five seconds how bored she was.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She could've been learning how to read sheet music when she had covid instead of telling us every five seconds how bored she was.
Lmao Carrie can have the MD play the "dots" on the page for her, like a high school choir director, and that's how she'll learn the music!

Reactions: 6
Can you imagine if she had a normal upbringing and had to go to college/sixth form after high school? Or even uni? She’d never cope.

Reactions: 8
I seem to remember at one point she was confusing reading music with sight singing? I think she can read music but can’t sight sing? (I don’t remember where I saw this. I’m gonna dig to see if I can find it…)

Reactions: 3
I seem to remember at one point she was confusing reading music with sight singing? I think she can read music but can’t sight sing? (I don’t remember where I saw this. I’m gonna dig to see if I can find it…)
You mean like she confused doc martens with suitable dance footwear?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
63BC06EE-DEB5-431C-9046-B70F4BADF54D.jpeg
Is this what you’re looking for? Also, notice how she doesn’t include dance in there

• Angry
Reactions: 5
It’s always fun to argue with a complete stranger on Twitter about it rather than just admit you were too lazy

Lmao Carrie can have the MD play the "dots" on the page for her, like a high school choir director, and that's how she'll learn the music!
Or a backing track given to her.
How embarrassing.
I bet MDs just love her slowing down rehearsals to note bash through a song.
How wonderful (and speedy) it must be when the professionals can sight read.

View attachment 1161392
Is this what you’re looking for? Also, notice how she doesn’t include dance in there
Wow what a patronising cow.
He was literally asking should reading music be an expected skill for those going into musical theatre.

Her ‘no one minds how you learn the music as long as you learn it’ attitude is all once again egocentric Carrie. The MD probably minds having to note bash through a song for you Carrie when others can sight sing. Even if you don’t have perfect pitch if you read music it’s a lot easier to attempt to sing an unknown song. DO THE WORK HUN.
You are paid to sing and act (AND DANCE) But part of singing involves sheet music. It’s not karaoke luv.

Last edited:
Her latest Insta stories about going to the theatre alone. Why… is she talking like that?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.