Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to reserve judgement until I hear reviews on GC. I’m sharing the same sceptical thoughts as you all but for all we know, she might surprise us. (Won’t be going to see it myself as I saw an earlier date on the tour). I personally don’t care HOW someone gets a role or what their journey was to get there, as long as they’re good at the job and right for the role. Which is why I don’t have an issue about Carrie’s lack of training or the shortcuts she has had in the industry, I have an issue when she is cast in a role she isn’t right for and isn’t good at, purely based on her social media fame. I also have an issue with the fact she not only doesn’t acknowledge her privilege but denies it. If she was good, it wouldn’t matter how she got there, but, frankly, she’s not that good. It’s why I wasn’t bothered about Joe Sugg’s stunt/smart casting for Waitress. Because he was actually fantastic, therefore the show was still great. But Carrie, in Heathers in particular, can really bring down the quality of a show by being in it. If GC can play the role well and doesn’t let everyone in the cast and the audience down, fair play to her. She’d better be good. 😂

Reactions: 9
Exactly.

She would be foolish to go the 'not everyone can afford drama school' route, she could as could her family and she has actively chosen not to train or better herself. In most jobs that would be a massive red flag
When you say ‘actively chose’ I’m still convinced she didn’t pass the audition to get into Sylvia Young. For someone admittedly so hellbent on following in her performing brother’s footsteps why would she choose to go to a comprehensive. A school where she was bullied? If the choice was there I’m sure her parents would’ve moved her pronto.
After 16 going to uni for training didn’t matter as she was already on her way on the nepotism train

Reactions: 13
When you say ‘actively chose’ I’m still convinced she didn’t pass the audition to get into Sylvia Young. For someone admittedly so hellbent on following in her performing brother’s footsteps why would she choose to go to a comprehensive. A school where she was bullied? If the choice was there I’m sure her parents would’ve moved her pronto.
After 16 going to uni for training didn’t matter as she was already on her way on the nepotism train
Oh quite likely but there are other ways to train, she could afford private singing and especially acting lessons like many top leads do. She isn't 16 anymore, she is actively choosing not to look after or improve her natural talent, and in terms of acting she has no talent so should be really working on that. It's pure arrogance to be not only proud of no training, but to think youre perfect as you are and don't need to improve.

In any job, if you don't continually improve, or refresh things you become stale and can go from being the best at what you do to being the worst.

As has been said, Carrie refuses to acknowledge her privilege, and also luck. She got in on YouTube at a time where it was easy to grow, right place right time. Its no where near that easy to build an audience now.

Comfortably off parents + famous brother + favourable youtube algorithms = CHF

Reactions: 6
I really don’t think Carrie’s hair is naturally curly anymore… she is trying VERY hard to make her hair curly. I used to have REALLY curly hair and as I got older it just straightened out a bit and now it’s wavy. She probably has wavy hair. If someone has curly hair, surely it doesn’t look that… wet and crunchy?

Reactions: 11
Exactly.

She would be foolish to go the 'not everyone can afford drama school' route, she could as could her family and she has actively chosen not to train or better herself. In most jobs that would be a massive red flag
Also her ex boyfriend couldn’t afford it but got a scholarship on his talent

Reactions: 7
Oh quite likely but there are other ways to train, she could afford private singing and especially acting lessons like many top leads do. She isn't 16 anymore, she is actively choosing not to look after or improve her natural talent, and in terms of acting she has no talent so should be really working on that. It's pure arrogance to be not only proud of no training, but to think youre perfect as you are and don't need to improve.

In any job, if you don't continually improve, or refresh things you become stale and can go from being the best at what you do to being the worst.

As has been said, Carrie refuses to acknowledge her privilege, and also luck. She got in on YouTube at a time where it was easy to grow, right place right time. Its no where near that easy to build an audience now.

Comfortably off parents + famous brother + favourable youtube algorithms = CHF
Next thread title?

Remember a couple years ago when someone gave her some good constructive criticism and she took all of that as a personal attack?

Where the user suggested she reevaluate her priorities and take a couple dance and acting classes here and there, as it wouldn’t hurt.

Remember when she called notes “the dots”? And acted like paying for lessons is the only way someone could learn sheet music and therefore it’s considered “privileged” if you know how?

Jfc, she could’ve done at least some research to realize there’s free YouTube videos that explain it. I can’t believe she still has fans and a career after this
829F943C-CF41-46A7-8DAC-94E288720BD2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Carrie is live on Instagram talking about Gemma now!!
Where?
I can see Joel Montague who used to be in Chicago
Can you all save us looking at it and give the edited highlights?

Next thread title?

Remember a couple years ago when someone gave her some good constructive criticism and she took all of that as a personal attack?

Where the user suggested she reevaluate her priorities and take a couple dance and acting classes here and there, as it wouldn’t hurt.

Remember when she called notes “the dots”? And acted like paying for lessons is the only way someone could learn sheet music and therefore it’s considered “privileged” if you know how?

Jfc, she could’ve done at least some research to realize there’s free YouTube videos that explain it. I can’t believe she still has fans and a career after this
View attachment 1158683
That screenshot was in response to an MT graduate suggested that all people going into MT Should learn to read music. She set her hatefuls on him.
He was in the right. It might be easier for the musical director to painstakingly go through the music dot by dot for her or prepare a backing track but Jesus anyone with access to YouTube can learn: it’s not about PRIVILEGE - her answer to evetything.
Which is HYSTERICAL given her position where she could’ve afforded to have private music lessons from age 3

Reactions: 7
Probably should go and find a GC thread for this but personally I think casting her is genius.

People need to remember that any theatre show principally needs to make money, otherwise the producers and promoters just won't do it! They're not doing it just for fun and love!

Chicago has long been a show with an element of stunt casting (admittedly it's normally the Billy Flynn character or sometimes Amos).

I can see The GC really packing people in on a tour round the UK. There'll be loads of people that don't normally go to the theatre that her name will draw in. And anything that makes people new to theatre go and see something - and then maybe go and see something else - is great in my book.

There will also be a selection of people who know the show well but will be intrigued to see what she does with it. Will she be bad bad or actually good bad (i.e. terrible at singing but entertaining nonetheless. Depends how much the director lets her be The GC?

Plenty of people go and see Amanda Holden in stuff and she is the very definition of untalented chancer for me. Compared to her, give the GC a chance I say! I'm tempted to go see :D

Reactions: 12
The start of Joel’s live on GC when Carrie appears
‘I thought you’d be the PERFECT person to comment on this!’ 😂
Well there’s a backhanded compliment right there

Not sure Carrie playing young eponine for all of 2 seconds counts
Young Eponine the one who doesn’t SPEAK 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Pretty much every single job requires regular training on the job. Even after 16 years at the same place I was still expected to do courses, not just on new things, but to also go over stuff I'd already trained in years before.

Musical theatre is constantly evolving and her refusal to learn skills is going to bite her on the arse one day.

Reactions: 15
Pretty much every single job requires regular training on the job. Even after 16 years at the same place I was still expected to do courses, not just on new things, but to also go over stuff I'd already trained in years before.

Musical theatre is constantly evolving and her refusal to learn skills is going to bite her on the arse one day.
It’s fine. They’ll always be Mama Morton in Chicago to look forward to.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Next thread title?

View attachment 1158683
How patronising. Also the little underhand threat at the end that they’d be cast aside by producers etc because of their view and she wouldn’t sit next to them. No wonder she had no friends at school

• Haha
Reactions: 5
How patronising. Also the little underhand threat at the end that they’d be cast aside by producers etc because of their view and she wouldn’t sit next to them. No wonder she had no friends at school
Yes the poor guy was totally destroyed by her post. And people look up to her and call her a role model 🙄
The original post wasn’t even directed at her.

Reactions: 6
Yes the poor guy was totally destroyed by her post. And people look up to her and call her a role model 🙄
The original post wasn’t even directed at her.
This is the problem.

Because she doesn’t just go so and so is a dick. She masks it as a self righteous speech with underlying threats (exactly how the last bit reads) and that’s fine?

Reactions: 5
I really don’t think Carrie’s hair is naturally curly anymore… she is trying VERY hard to make her hair curly. I used to have REALLY curly hair and as I got older it just straightened out a bit and now it’s wavy. She probably has wavy hair. If someone has curly hair, surely it doesn’t look that… wet and crunchy?
Yes same here. I had naturally curly hair into my late 20's when it started going straighter. Nowadays it just has a natural wave to it.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.