Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously???! As who?
I have seen Roxie ‘stunt’ cast a few times but they could move/sing to a certain extent.
GEMMA COLLINS? WTAF?
What does Equity say about these ‘celebs’ with zero training snagging a top job in a west end musical?
She makes Carrie look like Jodie Steele!
Iirc, they had Ashlee Simpson as Roxie at the Hollywood Bowl back in 2013 alongside Sam as Velma.

Gc self harm documentary released around the same time, maybe she’s trying to boost and change her image?

im putting carrie down for Nancy next. She posted she had gone to see school or rock

Reactions: 4
It makes me laugh how they say GC has ‘trained’ she spent a year at Sylvia Young and dropped out 😂
So Carrie is liking posts where it says you don’t have to train. Bet that ‘imposter syndrome’ is biting hard right now.
Is she not going to come out and defend Gemma? After all neither of them trained. Carrie has a nice voice but that’s it. Gemma supposedly has a ‘nice’ voice too.
Bet this’ll be the one thing Carrie sits quietly on.

Reactions: 10
It makes me laugh how they say GC has ‘trained’ she spent a year at Sylvia Young and dropped out 😂
So Carrie is liking posts where it says you don’t have to train. Bet that ‘imposter syndrome’ is biting hard right now.
Is she not going to come out and defend Gemma? After all neither of them trained. Carrie has a nice voice but that’s it. Gemma supposedly has a ‘nice’ voice too.
How is she going to cope with touring, she's a right diva.
I feel sorry for her future cast-mates 😬

Reactions: 5
*Waits quietly for C to take on a new champion role of Defender of the Untrained Stunt Cast

How is she going to cope with touring, she's a right diva.
I feel sorry for her future cast-mates 😬
I feel elated for her understudy. What an opportunity!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
One of the six queen's I follow is annoyed about GC. Wonder what she thinks about CHF 🤣
Yes interesting to see also Nicole Raquel Denis liking GC casting.
I guess it divides the industry into those who have been trained and those who haven’t
Hard not to feel bitter if you’ve put in years of dancing singing and acting for someone with a following to sweep a role from under your feet.
Bringing this back to Carrie
Can just imagine Oliver’s thoughts

Carrie will be giving her two cents any moment now
I was being sarky. I don’t think she will? Because that would definitely highlight her as in the same category as GC.
Just a thought ...

Reactions: 3
I just can’t see how Gemma is going to do this. She’s notoriously difficult to work with and throws constant diva fits. The cast will dislike her unless she’s had a personality transplant when she lost weight

One of the six queen's I follow is annoyed about GC. Wonder what she thinks about CHF 🤣
Oh I actually thought it was the west end, it’s the tour so not quite as annoying but still. I predict she’ll manage about half her schedule

She’ll do a q&a and one of the questions will be what are your thoughts on Gemma Collins being cast… conveniently

Reactions: 4
Gemma Collins isn't just untrained, she's untalented. She can just about carry a tune but has only ever shown interest in what pays her money and gets her attention. This isn't a passion of hers. She also has, and represents, an incredibly toxic self serving attitude and individualistic societal outlook. This isn't conducive to being a company member, and personally I think she is also an awful role model.

While you don't need to be trained as some just have a natural talent (e.g. Ramin Karimloo), that natural talent needs to be fine tuned and nurtured. Even Ramin (a multiple west end and broadway lead) has taken private coaching etc to better himself.

In fairness Carrie at least has performed since a young age. Although her and GC do share some similarities in the personality stakes.

Reactions: 15
She’ll be too scared to
A) it’ll expose her as being untrained herself. A thing which despite her denials she is aware of. She constantly talks of imposter syndrome and who can forget her OTT rant at the poor MT graduate who suggested MT actors should learn how to read music as a minimum?
B) she’ll piss off fellow colleagues who have done the hard graft and worked their way from dancing at age 3 to the point of playing third tree from the left in the ensemble.

Carrie is only a ranty champion when there’s low hanging fruit to argue with.

Reactions: 7
Yes interesting to see also Nicole Raquel Denis liking GC casting.
I guess it divides the industry into those who have been trained and those who haven’t
Hard not to feel bitter if you’ve put in years of dancing singing and acting for someone with a following to sweep a role from under your feet.
Bringing this back to Carrie
Can just imagine Oliver’s thoughts

I was being sarky. I don’t think she will? Because that would definitely highlight her as in the same category as GC.
Just a thought ...
Ah fair! To be honest if she did it could open up a whole can of worms 😂

Reactions: 1
Gemma Collins isn't just untrained, she's untalented. She can just about carry a tune but has only ever shown interest in what pays her money and gets her attention. This isn't a passion of hers. She also has, and represents, an incredibly toxic self serving attitude and individualistic societal outlook. This isn't conducive to being a company member, and personally I think she is also an awful role model.

While you don't need to be trained as some just have a natural talent (e.g. Ramin Karimloo), that natural talent needs to be fine tuned and nurtured. Even Ramin (a multiple west end and broadway lead) has taken private coaching etc to better himself.

In fairness Carrie at least has performed since a young age. Although her and GC do share some similarities in the personality stakes.
You’re right. There is a massive difference in sticking someone ‘untrained’ in who has no discernible talent and some one ‘untrained’ who can at least sing.
Expecting some post about privilege and not everyone can afford drama school etc incoming.
I think the point is that GC has never expressed an interest in MT and it’s just a cynical cash grab.
I shall grab my popcorn and watch this one unfold.

Reactions: 6
You’re right. There is a massive difference in sticking someone ‘untrained’ in who has no discernible talent and some one ‘untrained’ who can at least sing.
Expecting some post about privilege and not everyone can afford drama school etc incoming.
I think the point is that GC has never expressed an interest in MT and it’s just a cynical cash grab.
I shall grab my popcorn and watch this one unfold.
Exactly.

She would be foolish to go the 'not everyone can afford drama school' route, she could as could her family and she has actively chosen not to train or better herself. In most jobs that would be a massive red flag

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.