Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie, if you need entertainment on your way home, just read a book or watch a series instead of answering the same boring questions over and over again.
instead of answering asking yourself the same boring questions over and over again.

Reactions: 8
Someone (Carrie?) said in the ‘questions’
You’d be a PERFECT Nancy!
To which she ‘replies’
I’d LOVE to play that part

Really?
How convenient are these questions 🤔😂

Never mind Carrie’s tell all book
I’d love to read Oliver’s 😉
Lmao she had her chance to play Nancy and turned it down 😂😂

Another sign of her huge privilege is having favourite restaurants in the Walt Disney World parks… implying she’s eaten in more than one place at each park. It’s so expensive to dine in at Disney! Most families have big meals outside the parks and take snacks in.
I’m lucky enough to go in August (we’re staying at the value Pop Century, something Carrie would NEVER do), and I budgeted enough for (1) fancy meal, since were only going the pedestrian five days instead of two weeks. I can’t imagine how much she’s spent on table service restaurants.

Lmao she had her chance to play Nancy and turned it down 😂😂

I’m lucky enough to go in August (we’re staying at the value Pop Century, something Carrie would NEVER do), and I budgeted enough for (1) fancy meal, since were only going the pedestrian five days instead of two weeks. I can’t imagine how much she’s spent on table service restaurants.
She probably doesn’t spend much on that since most of her trip is a disney freebie tbh. Wouldn’t be surprised if the meals are also free for her.
Then again I am not sure how the meal plan works in WDW hotels

Reactions: 6
‘Public transport is very common in London.’
Why does she talk to her followers like they’re aliens and know nothing about planet Earth? She’s so patronising and talks down to people.
That question sounds fake. It sounds like something you’d ask on a tourist board not to a micro celebrity

Reactions: 2
Another sign of her huge privilege is having favourite restaurants in the Walt Disney World parks… implying she’s eaten in more than one place at each park. It’s so expensive to dine in at Disney! Most families have big meals outside the parks and take snacks in.
A real working class person would not be able to answer that question

Reactions: 8
A real working class person would not be able to answer that question
I'm working class and can answer it, I've been to Disney twice and luckily both times I went you got the disney dining plan included in the package. I also saved for my holidays like a lot of other people I know who are working class and go to Disney so I don't think it's as privileged as it's being made out to be able to select a favorite restaraunt. Someone I work with goes every year and they are far from privileged. They just work hard and save and choose to spend their money on Disney holidays rather than other things

Reactions: 15
I'm working class and can answer it, I've been to Disney twice and luckily both times I went you got the disney dining plan included in the package. I also saved for my holidays like a lot of other people I know who are working class and go to Disney so I don't think it's as privileged as it's being made out to be able to select a favorite restaraunt. Someone I work with goes every year and they are far from privileged. They just work hard and save and choose to spend their money on Disney holidays rather than other things
If you can get to Walmart it's the best place to buy some snacks to take to the parks as disney snacks are hella expensive, the tipping on the dining plan is absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 3
Fair play, perhaps I’m overgeneralising.

Reactions: 2
Was listening to Samantha Barks sitting in for Elaine Paige on Radio 2 this afternoon.

Thank f*%@ that Care Bear didn't get that job. Samantha is no E.P. but she does at least have her own anecdotes and experiences about so many different shows and one-offs and awards ceremonies and tv appearances and meeting other stars.

Can you imagine if Carrie stood in for E.P.. Every other record would have to be introduced with an anecdote about "did you know I starred in Les Mis" or "Let me tell you about Addams Family / Heathers" before being back to Les Mis three records later. And talking about her famous brother for half the show.

Reactions: 12
But usually when we talk about it, we're referring to Carrie's claim of growing up working class in the 1990's and her family going to Disneyland every year. It's different now, going to America is way cheaper and more attainable in the 2020's.

The area I grew up in (90's - 00s) was financially diverse. Working and middle class students at my school. None of the students I knew went to 'Disneyland in America' without their parents saving up for it for a couple of years at least. That's the middle class families. Those of us who were working class went on coach day trips to Eurodisney.

So for me personally - that's why I call BS on Carrie in regards to her claims of a working class childhood. And I loathe her attempts to romanticise it when people can't feed their kids AND heat their houses right now.

Reactions: 13
But usually when we talk about it, we're referring to Carrie's claim of growing up working class in the 1990's and her family going to Disneyland every year. It's different now, going to America is way cheaper and more attainable in the 2020's.

The area I grew up in (90's - 00s) was financially diverse. Working and middle class students at my school. None of the students I knew went to 'Disneyland in America' without their parents saving up for it for a couple of years at least. That's the middle class families. Those of us who were working class went on coach day trips to Eurodisney.

So for me personally - that's why I call BS on Carrie in regards to her claims of a working class childhood. And I loathe her attempts to romanticise it when people can't feed their kids AND heat their houses right now.
It's interesting when you hear tom talking about his childhood. He pretty much said how his parents worked all hours to give them all these opportunities..so fair enough. But he also recognises that out of the 4 in Mcfly, him and harry grew up privileged. Tom has spoken about this a few times (as well as other members of mcfly) so it's interesting that Carrie seems to be trying to hide it. They weren't exactly millionaires growing up, but still better off than Carrie claims to be

Reactions: 14
A lot of the time if Uk people do an American accent it’s usually “Valley girl- oh my goood like totally Paris Hilton” and if Americans do a Uk accent it’s either “RP Queens English” or Del Boy 🤣
I always wonder how they manage with the accent for Billy Elliot in the US.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, our hotel, including ticket prices was $1600 for late August. It definitely fluctuates throughout the year. I’m splitting half of that with my sister. Plus airfare which is an additional $300. It’s not too egregious, especially if you have someone splitting the costs with you and you budget properly.

Reactions: 3
Was listening to Samantha Barks sitting in for Elaine Paige on Radio 2 this afternoon.

Thank f*%@ that Care Bear didn't get that job. Samantha is no E.P. but she does at least have her own anecdotes and experiences about so many different shows and one-offs and awards ceremonies and tv appearances and meeting other stars.

Can you imagine if Carrie stood in for E.P.. Every other record would have to be introduced with an anecdote about "did you know I starred in Les Mis" or "Let me tell you about Addams Family / Heathers" before being back to Les Mis three records later. And talking about her famous brother for half the show.
I think she's covering all of EPs time off as she's on next week too. 😊

Yeah I first went to Disney in the 90s as a family and that was a once in a lifetime (we thought at the time) trip that took savings and an inheritance to pay for. This idea that disney is affordable to go to often is a relatively new idea. It's historically been a much more expensive bucket list type of place.

I'd describe us as working middle class lol (as in somewhere inbetween) in the 90s. If you were going every year in the 90s you were definitely middle class and fairly comfortable.

Reactions: 9
I hate Carrie acting like she was poor…she’s a middle class person saying she grew up poor because she thinks its aesthetic. “my parents were poor but they worked long hours so I could go to disneyland and so Tom could go to that performing school” oh Yes, those kids on the breadline…if only their parents worked longer hours… 🙄

the whole “work long hours and maybe you’ll afford things” is a horrible horrible attitude. Some people work long hours and can still not afford to spend out like her family could. What an awful message to tell your followers.

Reactions: 11
I hate Carrie acting like she was poor…she’s a middle class person saying she grew up poor because she thinks its aesthetic. “my parents were poor but they worked long hours so I could go to disneyland and so Tom could go to that performing school” oh Yes, those kids on the breadline…if only their parents worked longer hours… 🙄

the whole “work long hours and maybe you’ll afford things” is a horrible horrible attitude. Some people work long hours and can still not afford to spend out like her family could. What an awful message to tell your followers.
I really hate the mentality that you have to work ridiculous hours in order to afford nice things. That's not how it's meant to be.
That's why it annoys me that Carrie is so boastful that she is busy all the time. It's not something to be proud of.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.