Carrie Hope Fletcher #19 No Olivers & No Oliviers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘Public transport is very common in London.’
Why does she talk to her followers like they’re aliens and know nothing about planet Earth? She’s so patronising and talks down to people.
That picture is such a bad angle. Everything about it is just ...no.

Reactions: 5
Why does she talk to her followers like they’re aliens and know nothing about planet Earth? She’s so patronising and talks down to people.
What a bizarre question. Imagine you meet your favourite celebrity and have the opportunity to ask them anything and the first thing you say is 'do the buses run on time near you'.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It's such an awful way of phrasing the reply as well. Not just patronising, but not how anyone would naturally respond to that question. As an author she should have better English standards. You'd surely say something more like public transport being more convenient and quicker rather than "very common".

Ugh the not driving thing is so annoying. Like what was the point in learning if you're never going to drive??

Reactions: 6
It's such an awful way of phrasing the reply as well. Not just patronising, but not how anyone would naturally respond to that question. As an author she should have better English standards. You'd surely say something more like public transport being more convenient and quicker rather than "very common".
She’s trying to prove how working class she is when in fact in London it would take much longer by car, impossible to park, congestion charge etc

Reactions: 4
Considering how poor her engagement is on social media for someone with her following, it's sure odd how regularly she gets similar number of questions asked when she does a q and a. And often such similar type of questions asked in similar manners.

Ugh the not driving thing is so annoying. Like what was the point in learning if you're never going to drive??
To be fair I know a lot of people who learnt but don't own a car or drive because they happen to live in an area that has convenient public transport.

Considering how poor her engagement is on social media for someone with her following, it's sure odd how regularly she gets similar number of questions asked when she does a q and a. And often such similar type of questions asked in similar manners.
She always answers the same questions, it's so boring

Reactions: 7
I'm right in thinking these are just shows she's seen recently, right? Not all the shows she's seen?
It’s funny how most of those are things that she has connections to (including the workshop for But Im a Cheerleader) rather than going off and branching out and seeing other things.

Reactions: 7
I couldn’t agree more and I always thought the relationship was just strange, you said it perfectly.
Tbf my bf and I don’t run together cos he has much longer legs and we still love each other. Is a v strange relationship though I agree.

Reactions: 4
Someone (Carrie?) said in the ‘questions’
You’d be a PERFECT Nancy!
To which she ‘replies’
I’d LOVE to play that part

Really?
How convenient are these questions 🤔😂

Never mind Carrie’s tell all book
I’d love to read Oliver’s 😉

Reactions: 16
To be fair I know a lot of people who learnt but don't own a car or drive because they happen to live in an area that has convenient public transport.

She always answers the same questions, it's so boring
Oh yeah I understand that completely! I think it rubs me up the wrong way with carrie because she sounds like "oh look at me, I can drive but choose not too. Aren't I wonderful and so quirky" like her having a licence but no desire to drive is some kind of personality trait

Another sign of her huge privilege is having favourite restaurants in the Walt Disney World parks… implying she’s eaten in more than one place at each park. It’s so expensive to dine in at Disney! Most families have big meals outside the parks and take snacks in.

Reactions: 16
Carrie, if you need entertainment on your way home, just read a book or watch a series instead of answering the same boring questions over and over again.

Reactions: 12
It does seem that a lot of musical theatre producers in the UK don't really care about accents. I've seen so many dodgy American accents in shows here, some even worse than Carrie's!
A lot of the time if Uk people do an American accent it’s usually “Valley girl- oh my goood like totally Paris Hilton” and if Americans do a Uk accent it’s either “RP Queens English” or Del Boy 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.