Carrie Hope Fletcher #16 Sad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe it's 2022 and people still comment and make fun of other people's weight...

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think to an extent, discussion about physique is fine when associated with theatre - you naturally need a certain 'look' for certain roles, that's part and parcel of the job. I went to a performing arts college and the bigger girls were always consigned to 'character' parts with mostly comedy, it's just how things go in an industry that's very based around visuals and presentation. But it's not necessary when it's personal, and especially when she's going through a significant life change. There are loads more things we can critique about Carrie without resorting to dull, repetitive weight chat.

Reactions: 9
She doesn't like to sing outside of her theatre, obvs. :ROFLMAO: I'd rather see VHB & Rebecca hamming it up and having fun than Carrie doing the face again anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I just read the first bit of her new book. OMG it’s bad. Really, really bad. 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I just read the first bit of her new book. OMG it’s bad. Really, really bad. 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️
Wow, it's really bad. The first three paragraphs of the chapter begin with the character's name and an action, that's just lazy writing. It's like how kids write in primary school. Also did she even write this book herself? I don't remember her ever talking about her writing process this time, whereas with previous books she's done videos showing time lapses of her writing time or updated her story saying "Am writing". Tbh I hope she wrote it herself because if you were paying someone to write it for you then you would hope the quality would be better.

Also it seems like it might be hard to promo this book considering her private life at the mo. All the quotes she posted on her story are about love and soulmates, and if she did write this book she would've written it from the perspective of someone who thought they had found theirs.

Reactions: 8
Wow, it's really bad. The first three paragraphs of the chapter begin with the character's name and an action, that's just lazy writing. It's like how kids write in primary school. Also did she even write this book herself? I don't remember her ever talking about her writing process this time, whereas with previous books she's done videos showing time lapses of her writing time or updated her story saying "Am writing". Tbh I hope she wrote it herself because if you were paying someone to write it for you then you would hope the quality would be better.

Also it seems like it might be hard to promo this book considering her private life at the mo. All the quotes she posted on her story are about love and soulmates, and if she did write this book she would've written it from the perspective of someone who thought they had found theirs.
Can ya’ll post the link? I don’t have Twatter and I’m blocked on insta 😂
NVM, found it. Oml. She writes like she’s trying to fill her word count . I’ll admit it that I write fanfics. Not very good ones (not a “bestselling” author) but they’re out there. They’re usually 600-1,000 words at most because I think less is more. Unlike Carrie who has to have the maximum number of words to get her point across.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
From the excerpt of her book;

"after dreaming a love done passed away unexpectedly"

"Love done" 🤦‍♀️ There's a typo in the FOURTH sentence!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Oml the amount of run on sentences just in the preview of With This Kiss is astounding. Carrie has no writer's flow whatever.

As someone who's aspired to be an author for decades this breaks my heart to read. Homegirl's out here getting straight up self-insert fanfic published.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.