Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
Aww man, poor Carrie. It must be horrible being blindsided by a breakup, with someone she clearly wanted to settle down with and then have to contemplate going into work to sing about heartbreak every night!

Potentially unpopular opinion but I don't think the fact that it was sudden and that Carrie is heartbroken means that Oliver must have done something awful. One of my best friends had her ex-fiance break up with her, completely out of the blue, when they were due to look at wedding venues together in a few days. They'd been together for years and she was totally bewildered. Turns out he'd been having doubts for a long time but had suppressed them until he just couldn't.

Carrie and Oliver's relationship is characterised by being the exciting fling (Carrie herself compared what must have been the early stages to her uni experience) followed by a huge chunk of it being spent in lockdown, alone together, with neither of them able to work. They haven't really had a normal relationship for a lot of it.

Perhaps spending so much time together is when Oliver started having doubts about the relationship but then he hoped going back to work and being able to see other people again would make things better. And then maybe they just served as reminders that he was happier away from the relationship than in it. So they go to Lapland and maybe in Oliver's head it's a make or break type of holiday. Carrie thinks it's magical but maybe for Oliver it wasn't.

We've deduced that Oliver probably broke up with Carrie after that live she did, not long after he came out of COVID isolation. She was expecting a quiet evening with her boyfriend but maybe those days of contemplation, alone, are when Oliver finally plucked up the courage to break up with her. Coming out of isolation was perfect because he could actually take his stuff and go.

Now this doesn't mean Oliver is the devil incarnate if it is the case: Carrie could have ignored huge warning signs thinks weren't working. However, it also doesn't mean Carrie doesn't have a right to be hurt or upset: she loved him and she was blindsided whatever happened. Anyone would be hurt.

I might be wrong but I don't buy the comments saying he MUST have cheated/only been with her for her money/be a giant prick. Relationships break down all the time without it being solely one person's fault. I really do think this could be one of those times.
I agree with this. I was the Oliver in this situation last year and broke up with my ex after almost 4 years. To them it was sudden, but I’d been repressing feelings of not being happy and not having romantic feelings for them any more for longer than I wanted to admit. I felt awful and guilty, and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt someone I still considered to be a good friend, but I had to put myself first and end the relationship. I’ve no doubt my ex was shocked and upset for a long time after - and I still feel horrible for hurting them - but it couldn’t carry on. It was kinder to both of us in the long run.

I know this is a gossip site but I personally refuse to paint Oliver as the villain until we have proof he actually did something wrong. Yes I feel bad for Carrie, but he’s not automatically the bad guy for breaking up with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

sixback

Jeremy Jordan is a famous Broadway performer. I'm guessing that he used Oli and Obi's dressing room for some reason and wrote that note to thank them.

Oliver is saying thanks to Jeremy for the thank you note - thanking someone for thanking you is quite common. It also allows Oli to subtly name drop being acknowledged by a pretty big star.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Poothe

VIP Member
C
Haven't kept up with Carrie much over the last couple of years but she appeared on my fyp on tiktok tonight after not seeing her on anywhere for a few months and she had really packed on the weight even more. I'm surprised they allow her to continue acting like that considering how strict so many places are!
Can we not make this about weight?

• Heart
Reactions: 56

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
Aww man, poor Carrie. It must be horrible being blindsided by a breakup, with someone she clearly wanted to settle down with and then have to contemplate going into work to sing about heartbreak every night!

Potentially unpopular opinion but I don't think the fact that it was sudden and that Carrie is heartbroken means that Oliver must have done something awful. One of my best friends had her ex-fiance break up with her, completely out of the blue, when they were due to look at wedding venues together in a few days. They'd been together for years and she was totally bewildered. Turns out he'd been having doubts for a long time but had suppressed them until he just couldn't.

Carrie and Oliver's relationship is characterised by being the exciting fling (Carrie herself compared what must have been the early stages to her uni experience) followed by a huge chunk of it being spent in lockdown, alone together, with neither of them able to work. They haven't really had a normal relationship for a lot of it.

Perhaps spending so much time together is when Oliver started having doubts about the relationship but then he hoped going back to work and being able to see other people again would make things better. And then maybe they just served as reminders that he was happier away from the relationship than in it. So they go to Lapland and maybe in Oliver's head it's a make or break type of holiday. Carrie thinks it's magical but maybe for Oliver it wasn't.

We've deduced that Oliver probably broke up with Carrie after that live she did, not long after he came out of COVID isolation. She was expecting a quiet evening with her boyfriend but maybe those days of contemplation, alone, are when Oliver finally plucked up the courage to break up with her. Coming out of isolation was perfect because he could actually take his stuff and go.

Now this doesn't mean Oliver is the devil incarnate if it is the case: Carrie could have ignored huge warning signs thinks weren't working. However, it also doesn't mean Carrie doesn't have a right to be hurt or upset: she loved him and she was blindsided whatever happened. Anyone would be hurt.

I might be wrong but I don't buy the comments saying he MUST have cheated/only been with her for her money/be a giant prick. Relationships break down all the time without it being solely one person's fault. I really do think this could be one of those times.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

FakeSmile

VIP Member
The Oli bashing on this thread is crazy when we have no idea of the circumstances to their break up!

Remember when Carrie sang with Jamie Muscato OUT OF CHARACTER and yet still went in for a kiss?! And that was whilst she was actually in a relationship!! She is not innocent and calling Oli a creep just for liking some pictures is abit much 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 50

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
Eye rolling hard that she’s named a character ‘Joanie’ 🙄
Waiting for the cringey descriptions of what Joanie's wearing:

'Joanie walked into the room wearing a dress that made her look like a sexy librarian who could make you a cocktail - now only £40 on the website!'

• Haha
Reactions: 48

Imasheep

Your weight does not define you. Nor should it prevent you from taking a starring role in a production.
She's hardly fat ffs? She's got a lovely curvy figure that some women would love.
I love how diverse all the queens are on six, all shapes and sizes.
If her dress needs adjusting so be it 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 46

smellicecanyou

Long time lurker. First time poster. I actually made this account so I could comment as I normally just hover. Oliver is a cheat and always has been. He went to the same college as I did and we mixed in the same circles. He cheats on every female he gets with. His exes included emily chriscoli, natalie hayes, Samantha palin. He only. Breaks up with someone to get with someone else. Carrie if your reading this you dodged a bullet

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

majestic26

VIP Member
Regardless of who's at fault or whose decision it was, breakups can be shit. Even if you're sure it's the right decision, it's a huge life upheaval. Separating someone's life for yours, especially if you lived with them, is a horrible thing to have to do.

I find Carrie extremely irritating, I think she's risen far above where she should have in her career and her attitude winds me up regularly. But that doesn't mean I wish her genuine hardship, which is what many breakups cause. We're all here for a gossip and a bitch but I don't think anyone here is rooting for her to go through significant emotional turmoil. Lots of people here probably started out as fans. Just because we're not over the moon about her mentally struggling doesn't mean we're soft or have gone all 'poor little Carrie'.

I like Tattle like this, because it shows that this forum isn't just a bunch of mindless trolls attacking anything they can about a person. We have empathy and can show it when someone's genuinely, properly suffering.

Reactions: 40

sixback

Lots of squabbling on this forum atm, I guess because of the lack of content Carrie is putting out lol.

What I will say is that I assume the people saying a ten year age gap is fine are quite young themselves. When I was 21 I was briefly in a relationship with a 30 year old and I was very quick to be like "age doesn't matter if we're both of consenting age, I'm very mature" etc. But now I'm 30 I look at 21 y/os and they seriously look like children to me so I do think it's gross to be leering over them.

Anyway, like someone said, I think the ick is more that they just broke up and he's out liking photos (having not at all publicly acknowledged the end of a very long and public relationship). Before I get swarmed by people being like "they're single he can do what he wants!!!!" You really saying that if your partner of 5 years broke up with you and then started liking photos of attractive young women days later you wouldn't find it upsetting and a bit sleazy? I'm not saying he shouldn't be doing it I'm just saying it's a bit creepy, especially for someone who is trying to put out an image of being a squeaky clean Disney musical star!

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Elinie

Chatty Member
Pete also goes by Echoist and is doing sort of emo/screamo music. If you look at his twitter his entire language and the way he interacts with people has been lifted straight from Yungblud. He had a tendency to do this - when he was with Carrie he was the disney prince and covered disney songs, then afterwards went through a ‘Serious Acting’ phase and changed his name to Peter Kingston and went to drama school, and now he’s trying to portray another persona. Guarantee you the Cavern stuff is him seeing online personas like Dream and Corpse Husband who are known for their deep voices and don’t show their faces.

All in all, bit of a strange dude.

Hey everyone- I lurk here from time to time. This post made me want to join in for the first time though, so here comes an essay.

I check in on Carrie every once in a while when I get curious to see how she's doing. I started following Carrie when I was in my late teens, and I'm almost the same age as her. I remember loving the story of how she spent some time unsure of what to do with her life (relatable), but then found her part in Les Miserables and seemed so excited about that. It was kind of inspirational, as weird as that feels to say now.

Anyway, I remember being kind of disappointed when she broke up with Alex Day and wrote that blog post about "dating herself"- how she felt like she had no identity that wasn't tied in some way to her exes, so she wanted to spend more time with herself- and then two seconds later she was dating Alex again, and right after that Pete.

At the time I read that blog post I had just gone through a terrible breakup- not as bad as Carrie's (he didn't cheat on me with/sexually abuse 7 girls) but it was still really toxic. I became so obsessed with this relationship, so codependent and almost crazy, and it took me forever to see past it and let go. I was so insecure I put up with terrible behaviour, because it was so hard to actually break up with someone. I loved her post about spending more time with herself and untangling herself from her exes because that's exactly what I was planning to do. But then she didn't stick to it.

People pointing out here that Pete has gone through a few "rebrands" reminded me of how Alex Day used to do that. Does anyone remember he had like different "eras" or versions of Nerimon, or something, where he'd overhaul his wardrobe to symbolize his changing identity? It's interesting that the two exes she describes as terrible have that in common.

I think it's probably because Carrie has the weak identity thing in common with them. It's probably why she's always in a relationship. Plus, the thing people always complain about- that she calls herself "working class" when she soooo obviously wasn't (side note- I have wondered before if since she didn't get much education, she just doesn't properly understand the definition of working class? That it doesn't mean just "people who work"? But that's probably not it)- I think is related to her not having a secure sense of self. When you're comfortable with who you are, you can accept any parts of yourself you might not like, or difficult things from your past, and acknowledge how they're part of your story. You don't need to deny or defend them. I think if Carrie liked herself, truly felt good about her life and skills and how she got here, she wouldn't mind just acknowledging she had a lot of help to start out. She could just explain that she was still very grateful, and she'll always work hard at the opportunities she's given, and try to help lift up others with her privilege, or something. But instead she constantly tries to squash any mentions of this thing that she's clearly ashamed of.

I did spend several years after my terrible breakup single, travelling (solo) and developing my interests. It was so healthy for me and I think is a huge part of why my current relationship is so easy, comfortable and loving. I hope Carrie follows her own advice after this breakup and just "dates herself" for a while. I think it would be good for her. After she and Alex broke up and she found Pete, I remember she mentioned quite often how she'd finally found someone who actually cared about her and was nice. After the Pete breakup, she'd say she was "finally" in a good, happy relationship with Oliver. In the beginning with Oliver she seemed really clingy and obsessive over him, which really reminded me of my younger self.

It's so cliche to say, but I wish she'd just realize her next relationship won't magically be good so long as she meets the "right" guy. You need to actually work on your own stuff so you don't recreate the same dynamic over and over. It would probably be so good for her to be single for a while, even though she might still want marriage and children soon (I don't know if she still does, she hasn't said so in a while). But I think she acknowledged that she needs to do that way back in like 2013, and then stayed in the pattern of constantly dating someone until now. It's been weird to watch.

I think I basically got all of my thoughts about Carrie out at once, haha. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Otterley

I find it fascinating that whenever something bad happens to someone (in this case being dumped) people immediately vilify the one who did the dumping and criticise everything about them and then treat the one who got dumped like a saint.
You’re playing right into Carrie’s victim narrative by doing this.
That’s why she posted the original text then edited it many times. We know she is obsessed with numbers and follows and likes from her buying these.
I feel like the whole follow/unfollow/block was just a game. No doubt the relationship has ended but she’s been stoking the flames of interest behind the scenes with this finsta/blocking/(un)follow situation.
I think Carrie is probably extremely draining to be around 24/7 and lockdown did a number on their relationship. I don’t think Oliver is necessarily social climber. Yes he’s in Frozen right now as a supporting character. But I think he would have gotten that regardless of his connection to Carrie. Her star is falling as his is rising. And hers was falling before he was in Frozen as she was already melting down during Heathers.
I still fine Oliver has socially awkward/crazy eyes type behaviour and I can imagine that if he is a flirty type that would also be a nightmare to be coupled with.
Relationships end unfortunately. I guess, to me, it’s just not always so black and white.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I didn’t realise social media followings was such a big thing - I’m going through a separation and I haven’t once (until I read this thread) thought about who I should or shouldn’t be following! There’s too much other stuff going on.

Reactions: 36

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
saw the show for the first time tonight so can't comment on any changes made, but alw showed up to give a speech about how they've finally made the show they wanted to, something about how they had to rehearse in bubbles before, "we've had as many openings as boris has had excuses" and his closing remark "I'm sure you know what 'omicron' and 'delta' are an anagram for... 'media control' (!)"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Andy mate your show is shit, give it up. You closed for weeks when every other show went ahead, it’s nothing to do with Covid, people left at the interval when I went. As for tories you are quite happy on your private jet

• Heart
Reactions: 36

gossip_guy

VIP Member
According to her vlogs over the years, she’s been auditioning for tv and films for a really long time and has never booked anything!
Casting Director: "Hi, Carrie. So you're auditioning for the role of Corpse #3 on the season premiere of Silent Witness. Take it away."
Carrie: "I feel like my character should have a musical number, so I've prepared a solo."
Casting Director: "It's called Silent Witness. And you're playing a corpse. Just lie down, close your eyes and act dead."
(Carrie does The Face.)
Casting Director: "No, dead, not confused and/or constipated."
(Carrie does The Face again.)
Casting Director: "(Sigh.) I think we've seen all we need to see. Don't call us, we'll call you."

• Haha
Reactions: 35