Carrie Hope Fletcher #16 Sad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
*spoilers I guess for anybody who wants to actually read this atrocity!!*

I suppose the character does get shot immediately after this so there’s not much room for any kind of lasting impact but in my opinion the inclusion of this kind of assault at all did nothing to further the story or develop the characters, it was completely unnecessary and came across as Carrie trying to be a bit edgy and adult 🙄View attachment 1065787View attachment 1065788
He laughed breathily through his nose.
trying to keep the 'wobble' out of her voice.

these aren't the only lines that could have been written better, but there the ones that stick out and don't work with the flow

Reactions: 3
TW r*pe
I read that one. It made me so angry because the character didn’t suffer from any trauma or anything. She later confronted him saying something like ‘Oh and that’s why you raped me!?’ And that was it. It made me so angry because in what universe does a rape survivor approach their attacker and shout ‘You raped me!’ and then never deal with the trauma of it - like it just a bad day that wouldn’t affect the rest of her life. If Carrie is going to write about something so sensitive, she needs to understand the topic and not duck it up so badly.
I avoided her books because I assumed they were for pre-teens, well, how wrong was I?

Reactions: 4
Not sure if people have noticed this but the past couple days Carrie has been posting a lot of her and Ivano that surely can’t be show mandated. As an actor myself who has to release press posts, the photo attached, taken from Carries instagram story seems a little too personal for the show. They’d never get her to post a black and white photo, especially one at bows when she’s staring lovingly into Ivanos eyes when she’s out of character. I just hope that nothings happening there and that she doesn’t try and victimise herself with the Oliver breakup. Especially with her book right now and saying she is only posting show posts that she’s obliged to. We know she has a history of changing her story for attention and I just hope for everyone’s sake that she stops posting incredibly misleading or vague posts across all her accounts so that no one else gets caught in the cross fire.
I thought this too when she posted a photo of them on her story for Valentine’s Day, but surely their just friends. I truly believe she really loved Oliver, and from the story she posted of herself yesterday, she looks sad and heartbroken still. Obviously, I could be wrong but those pictures I’m pretty sure were taken by a fan watching the show, Ivano posted some too his stories too, so I’m not sure. You never know with her, and this isn’t the first time she’s been like this with her male co stars, obviously she was with Oliver but that’s not the only one she was like that with, and nothing happened with the others romantically as far as I know. But honestly with Carrie, you never know.

Who is this Timothy chap?
He must have something to do with Cinderella, because I found his Twitter and he’s retweeted a bunch of stuff about Cinderella. I was also looking through his tweets and I’m pretty sure he’s gay, so I don’t think anything is going on with them. But obviously I don’t know for sure.

Not sure if people have noticed this but the past couple days Carrie has been posting a lot of her and Ivano that surely can’t be show mandated. As an actor myself who has to release press posts, the photo attached, taken from Carries instagram story seems a little too personal for the show. They’d never get her to post a black and white photo, especially one at bows when she’s staring lovingly into Ivanos eyes when she’s out of character. I just hope that nothings happening there and that she doesn’t try and victimise herself with the Oliver breakup. Especially with her book right now and saying she is only posting show posts that she’s obliged to. We know she has a history of changing her story for attention and I just hope for everyone’s sake that she stops posting incredibly misleading or vague posts across all her accounts so that no one else gets caught in the cross fire.

For me, I don’t see it as a romantic thing at all. I think everything she’s posting at the moment is that typical newly single thing where you want to outwardly show how happy you are, particularly to your ex. You’re busy, you’ve loads of friends. I think everything is her way of showing to Oliver ‘look how great I’m doing, look how happy and pretty I am, look what you’re missing out on.’ That’s all I see with all her posts and stories at the moment.

Reactions: 19
*spoilers I guess for anybody who wants to actually read this atrocity!!*

I suppose the character does get shot immediately after this so there’s not much room for any kind of lasting impact but in my opinion the inclusion of this kind of assault at all did nothing to further the story or develop the characters, it was completely unnecessary and came across as Carrie trying to be a bit edgy and adult 🙄View attachment 1065787View attachment 1065788
Bloody hell her writing is worse than I imagined. If she can be published so should most people. And it must have been checked by editors etc

Reactions: 4
For me, I don’t see it as a romantic thing at all. I think everything she’s posting at the moment is that typical newly single thing where you want to outwardly show how happy you are, particularly to your ex. You’re busy, you’ve loads of friends. I think everything is her way of showing to Oliver ‘look how great I’m doing, look how happy and pretty I am, look what you’re missing out on.’ That’s all I see with all her posts and stories at the moment.
That’s all I see too anymore, I completely agree with you.

Last edited:
I assume her current contract takes her til July, dying to know whether she made the decision not to renew or if the option was totally taken off the table?!

In theory she could still be going to Broadway or have a new role in the wings. But if she were not going to Broadway, I question if she'd be allowed to stay given her friction with ALW

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.