Carrie Hope Fletcher #16 Sad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But but but, ticket sales don't seem very good? 😮
It’s a publicity stunt to convince people it’s a successful show and encourage ticket sales. Andy wants to take it to Broadway so important to keep the charade going

If this was on Broadway with current ticket sales it would’ve closed by now

Reactions: 11
I haven't seen the musical or even listened to much of the soundtrack but if they gave some young talent the part and they really blew everyone away, do we think that would make the difference and Cinderella would become a (relatively) hot ticket? Or is it just all-round mediocre regardless of who's playing lead?

Reactions: 5
When is cast change for Cinderella? I can't imagine Carrie will stay (is she likely to even be asked?) - I'm trying to think who would be good to replace her (well, for me almost anyone would be better, but....). Unlikely they'll give to to Georgina full time, though she deserves it.
IIRC Carrie is contracted until July? I guess whether she stays depends on if she gets the Broadway transfer and / or another lead somewhere

Reactions: 4
I haven't seen the musical or even listened to much of the soundtrack but if they gave some young talent the part and they really blew everyone away, do we think that would make the difference and Cinderella would become a (relatively) hot ticket? Or is it just all-round mediocre regardless of who's playing lead?
It's all-round mediocre. Couple of nice songs but nothing particularly memorable. Their take on the classic Cinderella story isn't great. The things I enjoyed the most were the staging and the costumes. I enjoyed Ivano's performance (his voice is so lovely) and Victoria Hamilton-Barritt's performance as the Stepmother. I did see Carrie as Cinderella but I don't think seeing Georgina or Lauren would have changed my overall view of the show.

Reactions: 12
I hit Frozen on New Year’s Eve and Moulin Rouge on New Year’s Day, was in row E and my god it really is a spectacular spectacular. View attachment 1061417
I am seeing that in April, I have got the "can can" (or whatever they're called) seats right in the front by the stage, I've heard they're amazing BUT a lot happens on the little stage extension that will be behind us and we have to keep turning round, ah well! I just saw the pictures of the set and around the theatre and thought I HAVE to see that.

Reactions: 3
Not Carrie related but related to Cinders.

I found a bootleg clip of Lauren on insta singing I Know I Have A Heart

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Is it me or does that not sound good?
Honestly when I hear any of the songs from Cindermehla, I think of a quote from Musical Hell "The combined powers of Audra McDonald, Kristen Chenoweth, Philippa Soo, Sutton Foster, and Julie f*cking Andrews would not be enough to make this song appealing!"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It’s a publicity stunt to convince people it’s a successful show and encourage ticket sales. Andy wants to take it to Broadway so important to keep the charade going

If this was on Broadway with current ticket sales it would’ve closed by now
If it goes to Broadway, it'll probably be like Pretty Woman. Though, Sam played off the negative reviews and bad press much better than Carrie. My bet if it goes to across the pond, it'll be either like Bonnie and Clyde and barely make it past previews, or like PW and only last a year.

Reactions: 1
Cinders has extended its run to 2023.
This is the final nail in the coffin. For decades this is a sign of a show doing one last grab to try and gain an advance (unless you're a mega hit long runner like phantom, les mis etc). The show then announces closure a few weeks/months later.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Not Carrie related but related to Cinders.

I found a bootleg clip of Lauren on insta singing I Know I Have A Heart
Am I the only one who doesn’t think this is good? Looks like she’s taken some lessons in over-acting from Carrie. If I ever saw this I’d want to see Georgina.

Reactions: 8
Free tickets to Cinderella available on Tickets For Troops at the moment. Never seen it on there before, and most West End shows that do pop up tend to be in a ballot.

Reactions: 1
Free tickets to Cinderella available on Tickets For Troops at the moment. Never seen it on there before, and most West End shows that do pop up tend to be in a ballot.
Goodness, are they literally giving away tickets? This is not a show that’s going to extend to 2023.

Reactions: 8
Look how normally everyone else smiles vs Carrie. Why has she never known how to smile naturally? It’s always ‘LOOK AT ME HAVING FUN, EVERYONE’.
She’s completely dead behind the eyes here- she’s never been able to pose but when a smile doesn’t reach your eyes, it does show how down she is at the moment.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.