Carrie Hope Fletcher #16 Sad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also I had a skim through the excerpt and gave the first paragraph my best attempt at a rewrite, I spent all of five minutes on this but it was quite a fun exercise, I suggest you all give it a go (see my attempt at improvement below:

"There was something about the small hours of the morning, something in the still and silence that cleared the mind. Call it the clarity that came from the fog lifting from yet another bad dream or call it the blessed quiet that came from the soft snores that drifted from Joanie's room, but five o'clock in the morning was Lorelai's sweet spot. The sharpness from her nightmares dulled to mere gruesome echo, but the tiredness from yet another broken night's sleep yet to settle in her bones.

At five o'clock in the morning all Lorelai needed was her notebook and her favourite pen. When she was once again chased from her dreams they would always be found on the worn old kitchen table. With pen in hand Lorelai was free, she could slip into any world, weave any tale. At five o'clock in the morning, Lorelai was free. "
Ok so your post makes me cross. Cross at the unfairness of unwarranted opportunities handed to certain individuals on a plate.
Yours says succinctly, in a couple paragraphs what C bored on about for unreadable pages. Sentences that a teacher, never mind a supposed editor would’ve slashed through with a red pen. Yours makes me want to read more.
That this guff gets passed by Carrie/a ghostwriter/an agent/an editor (at an actual publishers) and then people actually buy it and fawn over it is just ridiculous.
I think the typo at the start of this extract tells you all you need to know about the quality of the publishing house. If I didn’t know better I would say this was a self published vanity project.
It’s a cash grab plain and simple.
I would love to see actual figures of how many are sold before it ends up at The Works

Reactions: 19
Does she write sex scenes? Because I have a strange feeling this book might have a sex scene for some reason. I just feel like she's the kind of person to put in unnecessary sex scenes to seem more "grown up".

Reactions: 3
Does she write sex scenes? Because I have a strange feeling this book might have a sex scene for some reason. I just feel like she's the kind of person to put in unnecessary sex scenes to seem more "grown up".
Oh god, I hope not but I wouldn’t put it past her.🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

New thread title: Carried Dope Fletcher: Queen of Typos and Being Subtle

lmao best I got

If I dare write any smut it comes out so awkwardly like and they “wham bam thank you ma’m” type deal 😂😭

Reactions: 6
Half time now- it's ok, but it seems a bit slow and most of the jokes aren't really landing. Fester/Wednesday/Lucas are a lot better than the previous run (in my opinion, their acting is 100% better). I paid £25 for the ticket and I wouldn't pay more than £30. The songs are good fun and sung really well too.
I saw it too and thought the same. Didn’t get how good the reviews were thought people had seen a different show to me or I was miserable 😂

Reactions: 2
Also I had a skim through the excerpt and gave the first paragraph my best attempt at a rewrite, I spent all of five minutes on this but it was quite a fun exercise, I suggest you all give it a go (see my attempt at improvement below:

"There was something about the small hours of the morning, something in the still and silence that cleared the mind. Call it the clarity that came from the fog lifting from yet another bad dream or call it the blessed quiet that came from the soft snores that drifted from Joanie's room, but five o'clock in the morning was Lorelai's sweet spot. The sharpness from her nightmares dulled to mere gruesome echo, but the tiredness from yet another broken night's sleep yet to settle in her bones.

At five o'clock in the morning all Lorelai needed was her notebook and her favourite pen. When she was once again chased from her dreams they would always be found on the worn old kitchen table. With pen in hand Lorelai was free, she could slip into any world, weave any tale. At five o'clock in the morning, Lorelai was free. "
You can tell that she thinks she’s a really good writer

Reactions: 1
I couldn’t finish the excerpt, especially after reading x2damnsexyx’s rewrite and it was so much better!! I think Carrie could be a good writer and she clearly loves it. But once again, she doesn’t seem to have made any effort to refine and improve her craft and is just publishing everything that pops into her head, as soon as she’s does with it. Feels like she only writes books for the clout of being published rather than the craft of writing.

Reactions: 2
TW// Sexual Assault

Oh god, not quite the same but I’m still FUMING for the casual throwaway about how the villain r*ped the protagonist in As The Curtain Falls. There were no emotional repercussions or anything of substance to justify why she included it, it felt so disgustingly out of place. Just a way to say ‘hey look, this villain is a villain!’ as though THAT was the only way to get it across. It was literally just one comment and it was never explored or mentioned again. So incredibly fucked up, I don’t know what was going through her mind.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
TW// Sexual Assault

Oh god, not quite the same but I’m still FUMING for the casual throwaway about how the villain r*ped the protagonist in As The Curtain Falls. There were no emotional repercussions or anything of substance to justify why she included it, it felt so disgustingly out of place. Just a way to say ‘hey look, this villain is a villain!’ as though THAT was the only way to get it across. It was literally just one comment and it was never explored or mentioned again. So incredibly fucked up, I don’t know what was going through her mind.
does anyone have the excerpt of this?? i had no idea this happened

does anyone have the excerpt of this?? i had no idea this happened
*spoilers I guess for anybody who wants to actually read this atrocity!!*

I suppose the character does get shot immediately after this so there’s not much room for any kind of lasting impact but in my opinion the inclusion of this kind of assault at all did nothing to further the story or develop the characters, it was completely unnecessary and came across as Carrie trying to be a bit edgy and adult 🙄
646DE358-A845-43C5-97B4-DF8CDAB2DAD4.jpeg
2868CDD4-CF08-42C3-963C-1CA19A94E7AB.jpeg

‘Like a caged and injured animal trying to remain strong in the face of adversity’
What does that even mean?

Reactions: 10
*spoilers I guess for anybody who wants to actually read this atrocity!!*

I suppose the character does get shot immediately after this so there’s not much room for any kind of lasting impact but in my opinion the inclusion of this kind of assault at all did nothing to further the story or develop the characters, it was completely unnecessary and came across as Carrie trying to be a bit edgy and adult 🙄View attachment 1065787View attachment 1065788
Fawn?! Where does she pluck these names from.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm cringing into my Ready Brek. She's one to talk about fragile ego. But they do say write what you know.

Reactions: 8
TW// Sexual Assault

TW r*pe
I read that one. It made me so angry because the character didn’t suffer from any trauma or anything. She later confronted him saying something like ‘Oh and that’s why you raped me!?’ And that was it. It made me so angry because in what universe does a rape survivor approach their attacker and shout ‘You raped me!’ and then never deal with the trauma of it - like it just a bad day that wouldn’t affect the rest of her life. If Carrie is going to write about something so sensitive, she needs to understand the topic and not duck it up so badly.

Reactions: 7
Not sure if people have noticed this but the past couple days Carrie has been posting a lot of her and Ivano that surely can’t be show mandated. As an actor myself who has to release press posts, the photo attached, taken from Carries instagram story seems a little too personal for the show. They’d never get her to post a black and white photo, especially one at bows when she’s staring lovingly into Ivanos eyes when she’s out of character. I just hope that nothings happening there and that she doesn’t try and victimise herself with the Oliver breakup. Especially with her book right now and saying she is only posting show posts that she’s obliged to. We know she has a history of changing her story for attention and I just hope for everyone’s sake that she stops posting incredibly misleading or vague posts across all her accounts so that no one else gets caught in the cross fire.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.