Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheChicagoPiano

Especially since she was merrily stirring the race pot with some Story posts about Kyle Rittenhouse yesterday! But today she's not bothered about her fellow black theatre colleagues!?
not really stirring the race pot to be posting about the acquittal of a murderer

Reactions: 24
Catching up with strictly now and I am so grateful I can skip through Tom’s VT. The crying is just so embarrassing. Can’t see people connecting with this- it’s not exactly on the same level as Rose’s is it!? It ‘didn’t have any heart’ because there’s no real feeling behind it! There’s no tragedy, there’s no journey, it’s just privileged siblings doing what they were always going to be able to do.

Maybe Carrie knows her musical theatre career has peaked and will slow down so she’s hinting about quitting as a joke to make it seem like, when she can no longer get a job, that it’s her choice.

Also going back to the whole influencers-claiming-to-be-trans-allies-but-still-promoting-JK-shit thing, Lex Croucher posted this. 100000% agree.

Attachments

• Heart

Buttercup1234

Whether it’s her schedule, time off, her commute, or dealing with customers - she seems to think that her job is wildly different from almost every other job out there? If anything, she has it easier. Sure, she commutes - but she’s headed for local panto eventually if she keeps this attitude up so that’ll be that issue solved for her.
But in no other job could someone call out sick as much as she does, nor would they get away with saying the things she does on social media, especially if that social media is also tied to her job.

Perhaps a spoonful of reality would help her ego go down.

• Heart
You know what though.

I know she’s doing it for selfish reasons and for asspats. But I think it’s really cool that she’s taking SOME KIND OF stand

Using her privilege for good.

Better behaviour overall would be preferable, but I’m a bit of a fan of what she’s doing. I mean she’ll end up sacked, but the activist in me is low key proud of her.
I agree but I wish it was an actual statement instead of completely unsubtle sub-tweeting. Like if she made a statement against ALW I would gladly support it! But this very teenage behaviour online isn’t exactly that becoming for her either. Now, if she helps the cast to organise against ALW (not sure of their union status here tbh!) then that would be something to see!!! Maybe she’s doing this behind the scenes, I’ve no idea. But from what I can see online, she’s tweeting like it’s some highschool beef and I’m not sure that’s going to lead to anything positive.

ruthg19

She just needs to pick her audience. She can whine about her job all she wants, but she’s a public figure. The average Joe probably doesn’t want to see it.

I complain about my working patterns all the time (I work unsociable hours in PR). To my friends, who understand and empathise. But I also know that: I work from home, the pay isn’t bad, and I’m lucky enough that, if I wanted to quit, I could.

Carrie is a similar case. She might feel tired, ALW might be an arsehole, she might overstrain her (untrained) voice. But she has no idea how lucky she really is. She has about 8 different sources of income, an adoring fan base, and a job that most people (myself included) consider to be a dream job. And after all that, she gets time off when she can’t hack it. And still whines to her fans on Twitter.

I do feel that Carrie is mainly being so obvious about sticking up for her cast mates more because she wants credit for doing so. I feel like she doesn’t care about Cinderella anymore so doesn’t care about being fired and wants to be seen as a martyr by her cast mates for ‘sacrificing herself’ for what she believes in. I think it’s partially because she supports them and mostly for her ego.

Whoa the tweets Carrie is liking! There’s too many to screenshot. I think she’s ready to get fired. 😂

Last edited:

Kitt

VIP Member
I’m going to say now that I, for the most part, quite like Carrie, and this is the first thing I’ve ever commented on here on this website. So I like to think this is coming from a well-meaning place.

I think there comes a point where celebrities have to take a step back and recognise they don’t need to respond to everything; it’s a losing battle. If Carrie stopped replying, it would stop turning into this monster every time she is off work for the day. When I’m at work, I have to be selective about what I allow myself to get defensive over. It’s the same everywhere. I can imagine it’s so annoying for her seeing these messages, she’s right, there’s not always (if ever) a necessity for it, they’re tagging the wrong person in these tweets. But people are allowed to talk about it, and I’ve gotta be honest, it feels so controlling to watch her try to silence people all the time just because it’s about something that concerns her. Yes, if people feel that strongly, they should speak to management - totally agree! But we’re nearly in 2022, and unfortunately everybody has a twitter account, you’re never going to get everybody to do what you want and stop complaining. It’s what humans do. I just think there has to be a level of decorum when dealing with complaints. If my boss got defensive and argumentative every single time somebody had a complaint, but then put a love heart at the end, it would make everybody uncomfortable. Everybody would eventually start walking on eggshells not knowing if what they say might open the flood gates again, no matter how carefully they word their concerns. Sometimes I think the kindest thing to do is to let people feel what they feel and move away from it. Even if what they’re saying is ridiculous. It sucks, but it’s just mad to me that we keep seeing this same cycle here. You can’t just keep repeating yourself, it’s not good for you Carrie, and it will never stop regardless. She’s absolutely allowed to defend herself if she wants to, she’s a human being, but I think maybe more consideration needs to be taken into the nuances of why people may be a little disgruntled and now the general public use social media perhaps, and I’m not sure engaging in the twitter rigmarole so often is good for her mental heath, let alone anybody else

Please delete this comment - I’ve decided against posting it, even though it was kind, and even though it’s only been about 10 minutes, I can’t seem to delete it. Please can admin delete it? Or can somebody provide some kind of contact so I can get it deleted? Thanks
why do you want it deleted? Everything you’ve said is totally fair. Carrie just makes people frightened to say anything against her cause she’s a bully.

Last edited:

kev1974

VIP Member
I think Carrie thought that being ALW's leading lady was certain to make her as famous as Elaine Paige and such a household name, and she thought that she'd be appearing on Strictly and the Royal Variety and the Proms and I'm A Zelebrity and every chat and quiz show going, starring in Hollywood filmed musicals and have become the darling of Radio 2 etc by now; so much so that she'd never have time to actually do the night after night slog at the Gillian Lynne.

It's now dawned on her that none of that has come to be, and that it's not going to come to be either. The show whether it's good or bad has nevertheless totally failed to excite the general public, and is just one of many shows that the theatre-going public can choose from (and it's one they can get tickets to just like that, with no effort).

Numerous other shows on shorter runs have been grabbing all the headlines, and going forward new shows such as Moulin Rouge, Cabaret, and Legally Blonde are coming along and stealing the musical theatre press every day. She's really no more generally famous than she was during Heathers (i.e. the general public still have no idea who she is, only musical theatre fans), in fact if anything her star has already waned from the heights of Cam Mack slapping her on the Les Mis posters alongside Ball and Boe and Matt Lucas.

Honestly she seems to bang on about her books and the "sprayed copies" (whatever they are) more than she talks about musical theatre now, her youtube video the other day showing the behind the scenes such as the props guy and the orchestra was a great return to what she used to do so well but sadly she hardly ever does that sort of content any more. I think she has realised that her "one year contract" has many downsides too when the show hasn't set the theatre world on fire, she's seen that she's got to do another six months or more of the same thing day in day out and she's scared of that and wants out.

Even the product tie-ups have petered out, Guylian and Doughnut Time don't seem to have given her any free product to push for a while now, obviously someone at Joannie has given her a kick and told her to promote them for Black Friday with reposts of all the same pictures as a few months ago.

Giovanna is on the TV right now. They’re everywhere, they’re like flies! They’re a British, middle-class, fake-pleasant Kardashian family!

• Haha

Kitt

VIP Member
Absolutely love that Tom went on musicals week with a dance dedicated to Carrie. She must be mortified, I love it.

• Haha

Kitt

VIP Member
Ugh, these couples choices have become such an opportunity to do an X factor style sob story about why their dance is so meaningful. It’s a load of shit to get votes that week. Tom and Carrie barely see each other nowadays, they just acknowledge each other when something big happens.

Reactions: 23

larin_ree

As an actor, and someone who now works in theatre marketing behind the scenes, we are absolutely a service industry in many ways. Obviously, the theatre industry is different from retail and food service, but entertainment is a service. We provide something in return for payment, that's a service.

I'm not an ALW fan and have heard many similar stories to this from him, but the cast's specific reaction to the service industry comparison is putting a really bad taste in my mouth personally. I think it shows how many of these actors truly feel about "service industry" workers that they're so offended to be looped in with them. There are a lot of actors, specifically in the west end, who have superiority complexes and they're really showing it now.

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Have just seen that ‘But Im a Cheerleader’ has got booked for Jan 2022. Paul Taylor Mills is producing (same guy that produced Heathers) and Carrie performed songs from it at an event (West end live maybe? Or MT fest?). Wonder if that’s her next job after Cinderella…….
I fucking hope not!! I don't want her exploiting the lgbt community or making a mockery of us!!

Briar Rose

Cinderella sounds like one of the most toxic workplaces in showbiz I've heard of. I feel sorry for the likes of Ivano who are just starting out and seem like they are trying to avoid getting swept up in the fuss because they don't have enough clout to risk their career yet. Must be awful going in every day.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
What I never understood about that episode is that Carrie grew up with a brother in McFly, a famous band! If she wanted to learn sheet music from someone then she would have had lots of contacts.
Also, YouTube existed, online websites and books existed. If she could go Disney every year as a kid then her parents could afford a music book. My parents were poor as church mice when I grew up but they bought me a book and I had youtube and the internet. I was not privileged. Her argument on that was dumb.

Briar Rose

New to the thread but I am another who used to be a fan of Carrie and cannot believe what a mess the whole Cinderella affair has turned out to be. Even when you take the Covid situation into account, other shows have maanged just fine.

I've been aghast watching the way Carrie has been speaking to people on Twitter since being in this show. How is someone not pulling her aside and telling her she's out of order and that it's bad publicity for the show to have a leading lady who meltdowns in public and lashes out at innocent audience members at the slightest thing? How is she getting away with this? Does she really have that much clout?

Kitt

VIP Member
So “heteroflexible” means “I’m either bi and don’t want to say it” OR “I’m saying I kiss girls for attention/so you think I’m hot”?

Gross.

Not the representation is actually bisexuals need. I’m bisexual all the time, not just when I think it might be attractive or get me attention 🙄
Or it means ‘I’m straight and privileged but am desperate to be oppressed.’ Which is Carrie all over.

• Heart