Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
Look to be fair, Edgar seems like a really nice cat and when he had to opportunity to move in with Karen it seemed like a pretty good deal compared to living in a house share in Watford Junction with 7 other people 🤷‍♀️
The same could be said for Oliver..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
There’s something quite funny about Carrie being involved this week with the dance ‘in her honour’ and Tom being at the bottom of the leader board 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Kitt

VIP Member
Carrie on strictly bingo:

Wearing a long dress and BOOTS.

‘When I sang this in Les Mis…’

Carrie teaching Tom how to sell the emotion of the song with your face (hahahaha)

Tom and Carrie aggressively talking with their hands at each other. And lots of fake laughing.

Tom and Amy show a bit of their dance to Carrie and she claps and cheers and fake cries at the end.

‘I can’t be there on Saturday as I’m being Cinderella but I’ll be supporting you from here!!’

Just drink every time Carrie is fake nice and over the top for television.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Hmm this discussion is for another thread really but - agree to disagree? How exactly is JKR ‘continuing to make trans peoples lives hell’? She made one shit comment forever ago. As long as we’re not buying any of her merchandise, people can still love the story and magic of Harry Potter without condemning the entire trans community 🙄 celebs don’t pay to go to these parties
She actually continues to regularly slate trans people on Twitter. It wasn’t one comment, it’s been loads. And she wrote a whole essay on why she doesn’t trust trans people. Since then, online hate against trans people has gone up, as JK is hugely influential and is using her platform to spread hate and misinformation. Trans people’s lives got that bit harder because they face more online backlash thanks to JK and her disgusting anti-trans essay. Trans allies don’t like to financially support the franchise anymore as it puts money in the pocket of someone who has caused so much damage to the trans community. I still love Harry Potter and always will but I’ll only but HP stuff second hand now and won’t ever go back to Warner Bros Studio or Cursed Child. If it was just one comment made ages ago, maybe. But she’s dedicated to using her platform to constantly and openly slating trans people. So when influencers claim to be allies but still promote her stuff, it’s extremely hypocritical. Doesn’t matter if they paid or not, they are promoting it which is free advertisement. Carrie’s allyship is clearly just a performance for appearance.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
Meanwhile technical staff are knocking out 8 shows a week on reduced pay because production companies are tight fisted post Covid 🤭 and often doing second jobs on the side to make up for that. But yes Carrie you and the actors are the true martyrs here thank god you spoke out about the hardship of doing your fucking job every night. It’s 4 hours a shift get a fucking grip on yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

salatblader

VIP Member
I honestly thought Oliver was gay the first time I watched a video with him in. Am I the only one who still thinks he is in the closet? Is Carrie a stunt girlfriend as well as stunt cast???????????
Nah. I am not going to assuming anyone's sexuality based on stereotypes.

Reactions: 44

jdott

It's genuinely so funny to see how many people have been triggered by literally being reminded that they provide a service... so many egos in show business

Reactions: 42

Itvex

Chatty Member
I think what people have to remember here is that it was Carrie (and sadly some other members of the company) who were tweeting, posting on instagram and facebook really unprofessionally. Having worked for ALW before, on Lee Mead's Joseph, Evita, Stephen Ward etc, there is no way that would have been permitted and would have been a disciplinary issue. I think they were giving some flexibility because of Carrie's following, but she went too far. Company members are not allowed to post (or repost) anything about the production without consent from the Producer. It is the Producers product, not anyone's who belongs to the company. In terms of ALW, yes, he can be difficult, but I think he has responded appropriately. The company were told several times about their professionalism from the Company Manager, they ignored those warnings, which is why ALW drew the line and went in.

I personally don;t think Cinderella will recover, it will start heavily discounting and be gone by the Summer. This is down to three things 1) ALW did himself no favours at the start with lockdowns and covid. 2) Carrie's attacks on paying audience members 3) Carries (and some of the others) constant posting about the production, as if it was theres, and presenting the production sometimes in a negative light.

Carrie is not trained, not expereinced and too narcisstic to handle this role.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

zadietells

B769D004-0D79-400D-A6EC-10F99F4EA28E.jpeg

Just seen this… they’re really taking this “service industry” comment to heart…

ALW is undeniably a dick and his actions were certainly uncalled for but the company really are out here thinking they’re better than whatever they think “the service industry” is…

this adds to the outward contempt we’ve been seeing from Carrie - it makes me quite uncomfortable seeing them all publicly biting the hand that feeds them, but perhaps I’m just overly cautious as I’d 100% be fired immediately if I something like this in my own job.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I just remembered. One of the times Carrie was last arguing with a paying customer on Twitter, I sent a tweet to ALW’s twitter saying that if I worked in a supermarket and spoke to paying customers the way Carrie does, I’d be fired. I said something about how just because they’re different industries, they’re still providing a service. Slightly worried I influenced ALW’s ‘service industry’ comments 😂 (I’m sure I didn’t but there’s a part of me that’s like ‘Whoops what if’)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I actually read the essay, it wasn't anti trans, it's full of concern for safeguarding for women. If you erase the language that prevents women from uniting as a class then we're going to see a roll back on many women's rights. Look at the current situation we have where women are being locked up with actual rapists who are taking advantage of the way the current system has been set up. Look up Karen White, tell me if you think he's actually trans or just a sexual predator who figured out that he could lie and get further access to his victims. Predators signed up for entire career paths (priests/teachers etc.) to gain access to victims and the priest class went without challenge for hundreds of years. Stephen Nolan has an very intersting podcast on how we've ended up here

I do agree that Carrie is talking out of both sides of her mouth on this issue, she's made her opinions on JKR very clear so I find it very strange that she's content to put money in JKR's pocket. I suspect that Carrie actually doesn't know much about the issues involved and the arguments on either side, which is ironic as I remember a story from ages ago that she could 'argue about this for hours', if that were true I'd actually eat my hat.

That said I'll leave it here as otherwise it runs the risk of thread derailment
I’d like to debate with why I disagree but as it’s a Carrie thread, I don’t want to go off topic. The essay was anti-trans and I’ll leave it at that.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

nymeria

I have to admit I agree with her there. The fact that we put up with so much bullshit in our jobs (and as a healthcare professional having gone through a pandemic I know what I'm saying), doesn't make it okay or normal. The difference is she can say it and we mortals have to shut up and deal with it, but the normal thing should be taking time to recover and rest.

Reactions: 39

ChubbRub

Bet ALW is fuming they didn’t choose something from Cinderella 😂 he’s like what did I hire this bitch for 😂
Could habe done Bad Cinderella and just had Tom drag Amy around the stage a bit. Probably more exciting than flailing around to on my own.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Theodore

VIP Member
Carrie Dope Fletcher: Never train, never explain, check your privelege it’s becoming a pain.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Kitt

VIP Member
Carrie hasn’t mentioned Formula One in a good while. That obsession died a swift death didn’t it? Are we surprised though? Not a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

gossip_guy

VIP Member

Not sure if anyone has posted this already
Good lord, is the whole show that shitty and lifeless?

ALW: "You will build me a revolving stage set!"

Crew: "Oh, awesome! That sounds great! I can just picture the potential for great choreography now - perfectly synchronised routines with people moving in different directions, incorporating the movement of the stage like that OK Go music video where they dance across all the treadmills!"

ALW: "There will be no dancing! Movement is to be kept to a strict minimum! The cast are only permitted to walk around a little, stoop slightly and look about as though they spotted a £20 note on the ground and are checking for nearby witnesses before they take it. Some people will drag Carrie across the floor a little. That is all. I have spoken!"

Crew: "You're the boss, Andy, but that sounds boring as fuck."

Carrie: "Not to worry, if the audience aren't shocked that I even showed up for a performance, then my random, pained shrieking will definitely divert attention from the lack of choreography!"

• Haha
Reactions: 36