Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Tom is the only Fletcher I can stand. He does come across as quite boring but he doesn't have the same bad attitude and ungrateful approach to his work like Carrie does. I can't imagine Tom posting the unprofessional Instagram stories Carrie does complaining about everything. He doesn't beg for free things from brands like she does. He seems nice and appreciative of what he has
He took furlough money from the government when he is a millionaire 😳 And was called out for it. Ego runs in the family.

Reactions: 30

shesaidit

Cast tweeting up a shitstorm slagging ALW off, meanwhile Ivano's on Insta quietly re-sharing awards pics of himself and a Grammy's post. Someone does NOT want to be involved! :LOL:

(of note maybe that Georgina also hasn't got involved? two graduates who know they're lucky to have their roles and want to protect them)

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Lolly505

VIP Member
I'm so confused as to the link to Carrie just because she's done musical theatre when he's gone on and on about being Oliver?
Yeah. See if he'd done a song from Oliver, I think he might have had a bit more passion. As it was, their dance felt very static to me.

Screenshot_20211120-215930_Twitter.jpg

The professional judges obviously felt they did, Carrie 😅

• Haha
  • Heart

shesaidit

Not a single mention or message of support for your five castmates at the Black British Theatre Awards tonight Carrie? Not one? Your other colleagues managed it. Seriously. After a zillion messages for Strictly you'd think she could at least pretend to be cheering them on.

• Wow

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
She’s not even hiding her anger at her boss anymore.
View attachment 885753View attachment 885754
My jaw genuinely hit the floor and I gasped so loudly reading those tweets! Even if she thinks these things (which she in totally in her right to given the situation) she should NEVER air them in such an unprofessional manner. Can you imagine anyone else being given a bit of a dressing down by their boss and then posting such openly damning things about them online? Instant dismissal or at least disciplinary! You can tell she’s never had a proper job.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Mark81

VIP Member
I cant believe alw is on BBC now sat next to malala talking about female equality etc and using cinderella as an example

They even showed a promo of the show. Alw is apparently a champion of girls education and supports malala but all he is has spoken about is his show, malala is the one doing the talking and knows her stuff. He is there for self promotion quite clearly. Malala could be there on her own and it would be just as good a interview

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

majestic26

VIP Member
I know a lot of actors and musical theatre people who think their profession is some kind of divine calling. I find it so pompous and self-indulgent. At the end of the day, it's a job: well done on finding a job that you're so passionate about, that brings happiness to others, but it's still just a job - and that means it's worth just as much as a fast food server or a bartender or a hotel cleaner or anyone else in a traditional service role. They are not above these people in any way, and trying to push back against this 'service industry' label just exposes how snobby they all are.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

zadietells

It’s also surprising to see this contempt for “service industry” when so many actors work/have worked in retail and hospitality, surely you’d have some respect? It makes no sense to me, and as many have said, it’s not even an insult so why they’re kicking off is beyond me. Fair enough working for ALW sounds awful but let’s not bring others doing perfectly acceptable jobs down because you’re feeling annoyed at your boss.
anyway I assume this is the sort of immature behaviour ALW was moaning about if that recent article is to be believed.

• Heart

Rosielee

Carrie has been found crying on the floor and throwing donuts as Lucy Jones has been cast as Elphaba

• Haha

Kitt

VIP Member
They’re all jumping on the bandwagon and sticking two fingers up to ALW but I think it’s so easy to get carried away with stirring the pot on social media and forget it’s real life. The way you represent yourself on social media now is serious and can affect offline life too. I wouldn’t want to hire anyone behaving this way regardless of if their boss isn’t nice. My supervisor is a useless lazy cow who makes everyone miserable - I just avoid her and get on with my job and go home and whinge in private. Imagine posting so publicly like these people are and expecting PRAISE for it.

on-toast91

This doesn’t make sense? Her mum said she couldn’t be privileged because she has anxiety?
Her mum did this post a few years ago basically saying that Carrie wasn’t privileged because she didn’t have any help getting into theatre (obviously it was Carrie who was taking herself to auditions and to the theatre as a child under 10 Debbie) and that Carrie can’t be privileged because Debbie has anxiety. It was absolutely hilarious because the whole post was untrue. Carrie has been helped along in her career since day one. I actually blame Debbie for how Carrie is tbh.

Under privileged people aren’t privately educated and sit at home unemployed from 16 to 20 living off their parents lmao.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Scottishfalpal1

VIP Member
So yet again Carrie is being used to promote Cinderella but she complains when fans of hers buy tickets because she is in it.

Reactions: 26