Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ellie_Rose

Wow, they are coming across as such snobs. It’s very distasteful too with so many people struggling financially and mentally after Covid. There is no shame in working in the ‘service industry’ - look at the delivery drivers and NHS staff who kept the country going during the pandemic. It’s as if all these West End actors think they’re a cut above others because they stand on a stage.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She actually continues to regularly slate trans people on Twitter. It wasn’t one comment, it’s been loads. And she wrote a whole essay on why she doesn’t trust trans people. Since then, online hate against trans people has gone up, as JK is hugely influential and is using her platform to spread hate and misinformation. Trans people’s lives got that bit harder because they face more online backlash thanks to JK and her disgusting anti-trans essay. Trans allies don’t like to financially support the franchise anymore as it puts money in the pocket of someone who has caused so much damage to the trans community. I still love Harry Potter and always will but I’ll only but HP stuff second hand now and won’t ever go back to Warner Bros Studio or Cursed Child. If it was just one comment made ages ago, maybe. But she’s dedicated to using her platform to constantly and openly slating trans people. So when influencers claim to be allies but still promote her stuff, it’s extremely hypocritical. Doesn’t matter if they paid or not, they are promoting it which is free advertisement. Carrie’s allyship is clearly just a performance for appearance.

I actually read the essay, it wasn't anti trans, it's full of concern for safeguarding for women. If you erase the language that prevents women from uniting as a class then we're going to see a roll back on many women's rights. Look at the current situation we have where women are being locked up with actual rapists who are taking advantage of the way the current system has been set up. Look up Karen White, tell me if you think he's actually trans or just a sexual predator who figured out that he could lie and get further access to his victims. Predators signed up for entire career paths (priests/teachers etc.) to gain access to victims and the priest class went without challenge for hundreds of years. Stephen Nolan has an very intersting podcast on how we've ended up here

I do agree that Carrie is talking out of both sides of her mouth on this issue, she's made her opinions on JKR very clear so I find it very strange that she's content to put money in JKR's pocket. I suspect that Carrie actually doesn't know much about the issues involved and the arguments on either side, which is ironic as I remember a story from ages ago that she could 'argue about this for hours', if that were true I'd actually eat my hat.

That said I'll leave it here as otherwise it runs the risk of thread derailment

• Angry
  • Heart

figgypud

Chatty Member
Lol on her Instagram she's shown a pride decoration on her "tacky tree" which I know is all good fun blah blah blah but she has the privilege of it being able to see it as funny and "tacky" because she's straight and it doesn't resonate with her in the same way as it does for actual members of the LGBTQ+ community.

• Wow

shesaidit

So the new version of Cinderella kicks off with the gala tonight. Bets on whether Carrie is performing? I really hope Georgina is on.
I bloody hope it's Georgina since I don't want to sit through Carrie. If not I might tweet Carrie and complain the schedule said she'd be OFF, just for the lolz.

Last edited:
  • Haha

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
They have been calling Carrie their leader on twitter, I have seen it twice, one from Lauren and one from someone else, so if they are the one they are listening to about this…yikes
The difference is Carrie could get told to sling her hook and still be able to feed herself and pay rent. Some of the cast and crew would struggle if they were dismissed. They've picked the wrong person to stand behind IMO

Reactions: 25

TheChicagoPiano

It was in her case, both her Story posts were "this black guy (unrelated to the case) got shot dead, but this white guy (Rittenhouse) got off" type picture/meme posts that have been all over twitter. I'm absolutely not commenting on rights or wrongs of the Rittenhouse story itself, or whether there is a race element to it or not; just commenting on how she's joined others that have made public posts that have referenced Rittenhouse and made a black / white comparison.

Anyway appears Ivano won, let's see if she congratulates him.
“stirring the race pot” is such a gross way to demean the importance of the case and raising awareness around it, and it obviously did have race element since (at the very basic of levels) the murders occurred at a BLM protest. it’s fair for carrie to post this stuff, i’d say it’s commendable for her to stick her neck out and post about it and the injustice. definitely not something to be criticised or demeaned

• Heart

sansa stark

I'll be honest, I do kind of agree with this take- if Tom is meant to be playing Marius it wouldn't have made sense for him to cry as part of his dance. Marius doesn't love Eponine, hell, in the books he only shows any sort of care for her when she dying, the rest of the time he's irritated by her.

BUT I think that goes to show what an odd song choice 'On My Own' was. All the musical theatre love songs you could go for and you dance an intimate couples dance to a song about unrequited love and how it's only in complete solitude that Eponine's able to imagine the two of them together? If they understood that, it didn't come across in their choreography.

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
What on earth does that mean?!
Basically straight but maybe kissed one girl in truth or dare one time for about 3 seconds so says 'heteroflexible' to sound interesting.

As someone who actually is bisexual, shit like this really pisses me off as it's what a lot of people think we're like.

Briar Rose

Carrie claims she didn't come from a privileged background. How many people have a childhood like this?? 😒
This is what makes me dislike her so much, the constant insistence that she's just a working class lass when anyone with eyes and ears can tell the opposite is true. I imagine her parents probably did work hard but for people to have had the life Carrie had growing up, they were certainly living a standard well above your average working class family.

Does she even know what working class means? I have a feeling she might not.

Her desperation to be viewed as somehow oppressed is just weird. There is nothing wrong with having a priviledged life, just own it. People would respect that far more than the insulting denial.

AL10

VIP Member
Sorry for the language 😂
But lol they can fuck off if they think being in the service industry is something to look down upon, the world wouldn’t run without the service industry, I understand the anger towards ALW as I’ve said before he’s a dick and people need to work and having a boss that’s a dick is awful and they shouldn’t have to deal with it but they need to be careful with what they say. That does not come across well at all

• Heart

amary

Screenshot_20211114-111650_Facebook.jpg
Couldn't find her tweet from a few months ago about her face not being plastered anywhere, but hey ho...

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
I do wonder if the reason she's being especially sensitive about the missing shows/fans being disappointed thing is because it's not her choice. She's dropped a few hints recently that suggest the changes to her schedule come from up higher rather than her asking to take some time off and that she's not best pleased.

If that's the case, I get why people saying they're disappointed they didn't see her might be a sore spot for her; she may well be disappointed herself! However, she needs to suck it up and keep her mouth shut if she can't say why. Getting into arguments with fans and paying customers isn't helping her case or reputation at all.

Reactions: 24