Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recap:

More doughnuts, shouting, #gifted, making about herself as usual and "LOOK AT HOW NICE I AM"

Missing shows (but remember, you're not paying to see her!"

Oh still arguing and blocking people.

Have I covered everything? 😂

Reactions: 9
ALW went berserk apparently and scolded the whole cast and few days after that, schedule changes have been anounced and our dearest Karen will have two shows off a week. She doesn't seem very happy about it.

Reactions: 13
Think this does the summarising for us
Can you imagine an employee in any other job posting messages like this? A nurse, postie, care worker or anyone in fact! She gives actors a bad name, if she doesn't like the way the industry treats her try applying for another job that allows you to publicly vent your disgust! You'd soon get a written or verbal warning! She's such a aul moan!!

Reactions: 14
I have to admit I agree with her there. The fact that we put up with so much bullshit in our jobs (and as a healthcare professional having gone through a pandemic I know what I'm saying), doesn't make it okay or normal. The difference is she can say it and we mortals have to shut up and deal with it, but the normal thing should be taking time to recover and rest.

Reactions: 39
9CA8DFCB-FEB6-4AE0-A1E0-DC5B7EA0541B.jpeg

I can understand where she is coming from but isn’t that exactly what she didn’t do in Heathers? She was clearly very ill and (whether it was her decision or not) carried on performing

Reactions: 23
Had this pop up on my timeline and the irony just about took me out 😂 (Also no longer Scary)
Screenshot_20211111-135402_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I have to admit I agree with her there. The fact that we put up with so much bullshit in our jobs (and as a healthcare professional having gone through a pandemic I know what I'm saying), doesn't make it okay or normal. The difference is she can say it and we mortals have to shut up and deal with it, but the normal thing should be taking time to recover and rest.
Oh yeah I completely agree with her in principle (and the actors who retweet her) and this is the main thing you can see her develop her opinion about throughout her videos, although sometimes even that can get muddied like mentioning that she naps so much and then using it as a “look how I’ll I was” and with the whole scenario around heathers, but I think because it’s so close to other tweets of her being a little condescending to fans that read after them it just sometimes comes across quite preachy/yelling - plus it adds a little confusing layer to this whole ALW situation because, and I’m by no means saying it can’t be both, but like someone said on the last thread that she could have said “illness” and recovery and self care as at least a temporary reasoning for schedule changes at short notice, as in she’ll put her vague posts about “I wish I knew why this was happening” on her 24hr only stories but will tweet about being ill and self care (that she knows will be retweeted by other actors and be well received) on her Twitter which is more visible

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
OMG is she going to bang this same drum every bloody night.

Referring to her last sentence, AS IF she would ever voluntarily let Georgina do West End Live or promo appearances on the BBC etc :ROFLMAO: . The only way she will give up those appearances would be if the production management absolutely insisted. Which they're never going to be keen to do, having stuck her face on all the leaflets and on the youtube trailers etc.

Literally NOBODY expects her to be on every night for 52 weeks. For a start you're not on every night, your show is shut on Tuesdays. But I can think of plenty of people especially small family run businesses like corner shops, pubs, and takeaways where the owner/family do indeed work 51 or 52 weeks a year at it, 6 or 7 days a week?

That said, plenty of older, more mature, proven star quality actors DO manage to do 8 shows a week for months and months on end, because they love being on stage and getting the feedback from the audience night after night!

1636669464935.png

When is she - and other young actors, she's far from the only one repeatedly misunderstanding or in a way even snubbing the fans that have made her - going to understand that it IS possible for a ticket-buying customer to be disappointed - in their own mind - that she is not on one night. In the same way that I might be looking forward to getting a chicken bake from Greggs and then be disappointed to find they've sold out and I have to have a sausage roll instead. THEY'RE NOT NECESSARILY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU CARRIE OR GUILTING YOU they are just expressing disappointment for themselves that they didn't get what they'd looked forward to in their mind. Carrie or any other actors that cannot understand the subtle difference (in where the disappointment is placed/aimed), and cannot handle that some fans will always feel this way, simply NEED TO GET THEMSELVES OFF TWATTER and don't expose themselves to what some of their customers think.

It's giving me the rage that she's still banging on about this, like she is speaking for all actors in all of theatre world, when the reality is she's still so young and green and wet behind the ears.

Then there's this ...
1636670507609.png

8 shows a week? Carrie?

Reactions: 18
Meanwhile technical staff are knocking out 8 shows a week on reduced pay because production companies are tight fisted post Covid 🤭 and often doing second jobs on the side to make up for that. But yes Carrie you and the actors are the true martyrs here thank god you spoke out about the hardship of doing your bleeping job every night. It’s 4 hours a shift get a bleeping grip on yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
i just realized, Carrie say her picture is only on the side of the theater and not on posters, but isn’t the siluotte on the posters obviously her?

Reactions: 6
Rant incoming: I’m a healthcare professional and was a care assistant before I did my degree. I would pay good money for Carrie to come and work a shift in a care home for a 12 hours on minimum wage. I’ve done 13.5 hour shifts before because of staffing issues without a break, and I’ve worked through illness due to no cover. I’m not saying this to humble brag. I just want to outline to people who don’t understand what it’s actually like to work physically and mentally demanding jobs for 12 hours a day, 4 days a week, not just for 2.5 hours when your in a show, and then have all the other stresses of working in a horrendously tough industry (I imagine retail, service work and other low pay high stress jobs are similar). Carrie, if you do lurk here, you are not hard done by in anyway when people tweet you when you’ve skipped another show for whatever reason. You are a hugely privileged person who is in the fortunate position of financial stability and is fortunate enough to be able to take sick leave when needed without being forced into work.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This says a lot I think

Sorry, but first of all, as others have said, nobody is saying Carrie should be on every night and afternoon for 52 weeks. She needs time off, everybody needs time off. But why is it such a big issue for her that she constantly needs her alternate to go on, but not for the ensemble? Because the ensemble probably do more. Prince Sebastian has no issue with going on for every show either, I’d say his role is equal with Cinderella (possibly more intensive because of how dance-heavy it is). She’s not playing Eva Peron here, she could do the schedule, including matinees, if she wanted. But she doesn’t.

Which is fine, because Georgina is better anyway, and I’m sure Lauren is too.

Reactions: 7
Yes this isn't about time off like annual leave, it's about a west end lead who is on stage approx 50% of the show not being able to do 8 shows a week, or even 7...but 6. A lead who has boasted about their lack of training and shown time and again through their much loved social media that they don't look after themselves and their voice

Reactions: 13
Yeah I don't get the big deal. She also needs to come off Twitter because it would really put me off (already am put off the show) seeing a show if the leading lady kept moaning about her work schedule.
Of course you are allowed annual leave and to be off if your poorly, stop making such a big deal about it! Try working in the NHS Carrie. You've just had two years off when us keyworkers have still had to work.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.