Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bertie272

I went to see the tour version of heathers today and it was incredible!!! It also absolutely confirms that Carrie was a stunt cast, as Rebecca Wickes (who is amazing) hit every single of the original high notes in beautiful, dead girl walking and the reprise. Out of the three main UK Veronicas now Carrie is the only one not to hit any of the high notes, and said they were lowered, yet she is still adamant she wasn't a stunt cast!

Reactions: 13

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
Just saw Oli's live and felt he kind of pushed Carrie under the bus saying that west end live is just a taster and shouldnt be a full scene ect which is obviously what they tried to do with cinderella and it didnt work.
I mean he's not wrong though. Imagine if the Frozen performance was 'Let It Go' with the quick change and everything. Far too much room for things to go wrong and less impetus for the audience to buy tickets as they've seen the most exciting bit.

kev1974

VIP Member
New title by @alethophobia based on the name Granny Mope Fletcher which was originally suggested by @itsalice (here)!
(had to adjust it slightly to fit it in)

Carrying on from this thread:

Don't forget there is a Granny Mope Fletcher wiki now, created and updated by @witchofwestbyfleet !

Latest news:
  • Cindermehla is now fully open
  • It had a Gala Night, an Official Opening Night, and a separate World Premiere night, but all of them seem to have passed the media by
  • Ticket sales going forward look dire
  • Frozen is also open now, starring the boyfriend, she's barely acknowledged it, but her mum did?
  • Infinite tedious repostings of her part (and generally only her part) of the Cindermehla bows scoured from twatter and insta
  • Spoke up for trans rights yesterday
  • Did a youtube post today, after six weeks of eating donuts and hanging out in theme parks
  • Renamed the youtube posts "Vlogerella" despite being pointed out it is too similar to Zoella
  • Begged more freebies out of Floatworks etc
  • Inexplicably became F1's biggest fan
  • May be letting the understudies have a go this week, not sure
  • Still has a poundland halloween wig for her costume

Last edited:
  • Haha

Rosielee

I never understand why influencers never like the Paris park, it’s a beautiful and intimate park. I’ve been twice, once in the hight of summer and once deep winter and both times it was photogenic, wait times less then the American parks and you often get more interaction time with the characters.

Then again why reach for the moon when there are stars in the sky.

Last edited:

Poothe

VIP Member
I still don’t understand. If she couldn’t hear the track, why could the ensemble still hear it and keep up with the choreography?

Buttercup1234

A few sources are confirming there were no earpieces at WEL, so it sounds like yet again Carrie just isn’t wanting to admit she’s not very good.

Rosielee

Carrie doesn’t leave home unless someone else has paid for it! Even her recent London hotel stay was gifted and she lives in the bloody city!

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
She's also mentioned that she tends to get really defensive when criticised before which probably explains the 'It wasn't me, it was West End Live, guys!' stuff.

However, the key word here is 'explain' not 'excuse'. Her anxiety is absolutely not an excuse for slagging off professionals in her industry and missing her job because she was huffy about her performance.

Reactions: 12

Poothe

VIP Member
Instead of desperately begging for free Disney holidays and f1 tickets, she should be begging for some gifted lip balm 😂
Well she was busy tagging Lush yesterday so hopefully they chuck some lip balm in with the #gifted bath bombs which will undoubtedly arrive in the next few days. 🙄

Usually I hate napping - says the woman who used to talk about napping under her dressing room table regularly. Such a liar.
31736ADF-34FB-4098-AED5-8E4D53EAD9B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Ellie_Rose

I haven’t seen the show but I don’t think they chose the right song to represent it at WEL. Perhaps a slower song or something with less bizarre choreography would have been better. I don’t like that song anyway and I have no idea why they keep using it as a promotion tactic. It seems as though she’s taken it badly though. I wonder if someone higher up has given bad feedback about the performance.

Buttercup1234

10-5??? And then exercise on top of that?? My heart bleeds for her /s

Does she genuinely not realise how tone-deaf she is by making comments like that? Surely she should be posting things like “I’m very lucky to only have to work 10-5, it means I still have plenty of time to exercise and relax all evening. Grateful for opportunities like these!” rather than acting like she’s been on a sixteen hour shift down the mines or something.

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
She blamed WEL for her poor performance with Heathers there a few years ago when people absolutely ripped it apart on YouTube. I’m starting to see a pattern! Always complaining she couldn’t hear properly or that the choreography is out of context/different to the show. Carrie hun I think it’s just that you’re shit
The truth is she might just get nervous, she has says multiple times she only feels confident performing at a stage, without the theater as her comfort place and being on a outside stage with so many people might be nerve wracking.
But instead of owning it and working to get better since this is her main job, she just blames everything except herself. I would have given her a pass if it wasn’t because as it was pointed by this comment, this already happened in the past.
She can complain all she wants but most of the people in the crowds aren’t her fans or aren’t following her, for them she is the one the fucked up the song not her track.

churros

Poster from way back when but I haven’t hopped onto the tattle life thread until now: Ok so I just needed to say that as a person currently working in the same industry as CHF (which I’m not saying to imply that I’m anybody specific, just to give some context as to what perspective I’m coming from here), her WEL reaction is just infuriating. I think the orchestration for Bad Cinderella is tough to use for these kinds of performances because it cuts out so much and leaves the singer exposed, which really sucks to have to work with if you suffer from anxiety or stage fright, I get that, and I would be terrified to do that kind of gig outside of the theater. However, saying “I lost my track” insinuates that it’s the WEL sound crew’s fault, which is honestly just a shitty thing to say even if it’s true, since she’s apparently so big about “etiquette.”

Also, hi Carrie, our industry just made it out of a YEAR LONG SHUTDOWN, maybe thank/congratulate the rest of the cast that performed with you that day? Sure the show’s choreography isn’t great, but that ensemble worked just as hard as you did up there. I’m sure it was the first WEL for some of them. And now it’s scrubbed from the show’s social media accounts because you’re making it all about yourself and throwing a fit. I couldn’t imagine being in that cast right now.
Exactly this. I feel for the ensemble and sound crew. It's not fair.

WEL unfortunately ALWAYS seems to have issues with sound so the organisers should be addressing this. But deliberating targeting the sound crew is just a dick move all around

on-toast91

Imagine being close to 30 and behaving like this. I have an explanation for her, she’ll do anything for a bit of attention 🙃
Anyone else find her total lack of professionalism astounding? Never having a normal job where you have to treat discussion with your colleagues and bosses seriously has just lead to clownery like this. I’m embarrassed for her.

ChubbRub

The post that Stephanie McKeon's husband made about his wife and the Frozen opening night is so, so, so adorable. It's in another universe compared to Carrie's. However to be fair it's not like Oliver was gushing about her originating a role in an ALW production. However spending more time talking about your collaboration than Frozen or Oliver in posts about Frozen opening is just incredibly tactless and icky.

salatblader

VIP Member
Her voice sounds damaged in that whingey story she just put on IG. Maybe rest your voice Carrie, rather than moan about how hard your life is. Talk about first world problems! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Absolutely, and it was only meant to be a holiday to see Oliver in Frozen, but with the logistics of how holidays work in the theatre, she had to get three days at once - so it's not like she is missing out on a long-planned holiday she had looked forwards to/needed for a long time. As I keep asking about Carrie's social media presence, who is the target audience for that post? Her friends? Her fellow theatre colleagues? Her fans, so they can comfort her as she's ever so tired from just having a job? It's not content, it's mundane details from her life - nonetent. If she hadn't booked holidays for those days, she would have done it at the same time as being in the show anyway, so as she said, this worked out better anyway. Nothing to complain about. And voicing an audiobook sounds like a fun job, it's not like she had to work in a cole mine or lead a bunch of business meetings during her days off. And the people that hired her for the audiobook must be like "that's a shame, she's complaining on SoMe about doing our audiobook". Not a great look, I'd say

Last edited:

Lilu22

VIP Member
Just get the vibe that she’d look down on you if you told her you were going to Tenerife or somewhere like that that most people can afford for a holiday