Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

majestic26

VIP Member
I still don't think it was Carrie demanding the videos were removed, I think it was someone higher up, which contributed to her anxiety. It was a bad promo for the show all round, and with them struggling to sell tickets, I think the PR team probably had to act and Carrie's gone into a tailspin about it.

Reactions: 13

bumblebee1991

I’m surprise Carrie hasn’t been banging on about the new Amazon Prime Cinderella film and ‘welcoming Camila Cabello to the Cinderella gang’ or something cringe.

• Sick
  • Haha

binchicken

I’m not a singer so this is a genuine question to those who know…. If you are a professional actor singing a song in a show at least five times a week, why would you suddenly not be able to sing in tune like at WEL? Even if you can’t hear the music surely you have the vocal equivalent of muscle memory to sing in tune? Or is that not how it works?
Muscle memory totally comes into play - at this stage she should be singing these songs in her sleep.
It seems that she is always so quick to defend a bad day (honestly we ALL have them) rather than just go with the flow and brush it off.
I mean she’s a leading lady on the West End, not many people get to say that!!

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
“I hate napping, I usually don’t nap” says Carrie while she prepares for her not unusual nap.
Hasn’t she talked MULTIPLE TIMES about her naps? Didn’t she had a whole bed on her heater dressing room she used to NAP?
When will she stop with the lies?

salatblader

VIP Member
Rely on your surroundings? Girl, if you have to ‘rely on your surroundings’ to sound good, you can’t be very good lol
I feel sad for her that she feels she has to overexplain instead of shrugging it off. I didn't enjoy the performance, but mostly because the show, costumes, choreography and song are terrible - to my (untrained, layperson's) ears, her singing was ok. When she did West End Live as Eponine, she seemed to be excited, saying it felt similar to a rock concert, etc. I can understand being nervous about such huge events/live shows, but no one would think about this again much if she didn't keep coming back to it on her Instagram stories. It's ok to have an off day, just leave it..

Have to say not overly impressed with Les Mis yesterday, sound issues notwithstanding.
Getting fed up of hearing the same arrangement of On My Own/ Dreamed a Dream.
Also the new Fantine did not sound great.
Sorry to derail, .
I agree about the arrangement. I love the songs separately, I never liked the mashup they started doing.
Much preferred the West End Live performances before the change.
Disagree about Rachelle Ann Go, she's great as Fantine, in my opinion. She's played the role before, too.

Last edited:
Shes clearly sulking. Instead of just congratulating Georgia and taking the weekend. She's over reacted and is currently liking stuff on Twitter. It really is the most petulant behaviour I've ever witnessed.

EmCheese

VIP Member
So bloody unprofessional moaning about what is presumably paid work or at least work for her own benefit. Knob.

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
I totally missed this story (yay time difference) but what a weird thing to say. What on earth happened? It can't just be the performance. Did she get bad news backstage? Is Cinders closing? Cast change? She's always said one day she wants to write a Tell All and reveal all the drama she normally doesn't talk about so maybe that's where this line of thinking comes from. But also, she shouldn't care a hoot if Cinders closes. She's getting paid what she's getting paid based on her contract, not how well the show does, and she can blame Covid for the closing if that's what's happening.
Honestly, I think it really is as simple as Perma Main Character Carrie Just Wasn't Very Good. The performance was definitely ropey but it wasn't horrific and I think if she hadn't drawn attention to it, it wouldn't be such a big deal today. She just couldn't handle that it didn't go to plan, people noticed it hadn't gone to plan and so she immediately played the blame game instead of chalking it up to being one of those things that sometimes happens when you sing live. Her reaction to the performance is way more embarrassing than the performance itself.

flounceandbounce

you haven’t seen the full quote yet 😂, she’s also got this one from a few days ago.
'Whoops! At least I passed!' So quirky, but what does GCSE history have to do with people who lived 'once upon a time' and being someone who 'loves stories'? The history GCSE curriculum typically tends to include study on Germany 1939-45, so I'm not sure she should be trivialising it and relating it to storytelling... Just my pedantic two cents, though.

That entire caption is literally a shit UCAS personal statement. Mine was pretty dire, but I like to think I was more self aware at 17 than Carrie is pushing thirty...

LitNerd

Chatty Member
That story about Giles’ book started well… but then became one of the absolute worst cases of cringe ever! If you absolutely must say you’ve met just leave it at “you had just won an Olivier” or “it was at the Oliviers” Hamilton we’re into nominated one time round so everyone would know the year - Jesus Carrie stop 👏 inserting 👏 yourself 👏 you’re 👏 not 👏 the main 👏 character 👏🙄🙄🙄

Literally here to post the same thing. “This is cool” is such a generic phrase. Why would you even share that? Does she realise that all the drivers change contracts all the time?

id maybe understand if she showed some knowledge of the situation like “finally! this has been a long time coming so pleased” “driven so well has earnt this seat” but just calling a driver change “cool” is soooo “look at me I like f1 and here’s an opportunity to remind you”

it makes me laugh when she shares she watching friday practice because there is zero chance she understands or gets anything from that as a new fan. Most hardcore fans don’t watch practice unless they have in depth knowledge on how the cars work. What a joke.
Especially because, whilst he’s one of the best and most popular drivers, she’s never mentioned him before so I guarantee she saw everyone freaking out when it was spotted and thought “oh I should be excited about this too, let me post this” rather than caring to educate herself enough to actually, you know, be fricking excited 😂 Also I’m literally so so happy about his contract though 😍😍😍

Thatirishone

I actually think Oliver must be a nice guy, his coworkers like doing videos with him, Steph who plays Anna seems to really get on with him. In past shows Cats and Back to the Future he seems to give off a good vibe and makes friends wherever he goes. Even his ex Summer went to see Frozen with he new partner and tagged Oliver in a post with other cast to say how good the show was!!!

Kiwi179

I said the same of &Juliet last year... I was evidently very wrong. I prey SOLT has turned their brain cells on this award season. Lead actress will go to Sutton Foster or Samantha Barks, let's be real. And then Carrie will fawn over them in an instagram post about 'all having played Eponine once', or something.
Oh definitely, no matter who wins she’ll still find a way to make it all about her 🙃

Rosielee

On the other hand comments have been thinking ALW is protecting Carrie but I think he is the one that is absolutely pissed and demanded to have all the videos removed, wouldn’t be surprised if Carrie ended up also getting some of his rage. People say he drops leading ladies if they are not good enough for him, well he might be changing his decision of stunt cast.
That was my thinking too. Carrie doesn’t have the power to get the videos pulled from the internet, but ALW definitely does.
He has saved her ass from more people seeing the footage but not for her sake. I can’t image that theatre is going to be a happy place over the next few days and donuts and coke is not going to get Carrie out of this jam. Being the leader of the company means you actually have to take responsibility in these situations but Carrie-a-bag is not going to do that.

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Has Granny Mope got a visa to work in New York so we might get rid of her there? :)

Surely she's not so essential to the show that they'd manage to get an Equity swap for her. So hopefully if it goes to Broadway someone else will open it there?

Watch as she starts posting of her love of NY and all things USA :ROFLMAO:

I'm not aware that ALW owns any theatres in NY that he could stick it in on the cheap, so presumably the finances for a move to Broadway will carry a lot more risk.

Or is he just getting so desperate for bums on seats in London that he's hoping to get Americans to book it when they come to London in the future?

Broadway will absolutely ruin her!! The Broadway critics will absolutely rip her to shreds!!

• Haha

kev1974

VIP Member
It could only be "bad theatre etiquette" if you had this unwavering mindset of heirarchies and the principal automatically and unquestionably being better than the alternate/cover.

In the real world though, normal people would of course see their alternates and covers as team mates and of course there's no problem going along to support and to be seen to put faith in the alternate/cover. After all, the alternate/cover is what enables the principal to have some planned time off or be off sick.

It's just another manifestation of her immaturity, and shooting straight to top billing rather than working her way up slowly; and "bad theatre etiquette" is her best bullshit excuse that she can come up with to cover it.

Also what's with her claim of needing an alternate "because the role is so demanding". Is it? I haven't seen Cindermehla but I've read "real" reviewers (not newspaper ones being nice) saying that she's not on stage all that much. I generally think the covers have the hardest job of all since they have to learn multiple roles and be ready to perform any of them at a moment's notice, sometimes even from mid-show.

I've always seen an officially billed alternate as something the shows have been pushed into having, to get them off the hook when they've sold the show based on someone's name, and really came to prominence since the days when Martine McCutcheon fucked up My Fair Lady so badly. It is a markting tool that lets the show effectively say "yeah we know we sold you tickets based on the appearance of XYZ, who's indisposed tonight, but look we planned ahead and we have this other person ABC for you tonight who's also good enough to be named on some of the publicity" and gets them out of having to refund some of the shallower audience that might kick off if they think they are "just getting the understudy". (whereas proper theatre regulars know that the covers are always just as good and frequently better than the big star name).

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
She chats absolute nonsense. as a performer she should be able to perform that song anywhere the same as the leading cast of every other show not just that specific theatre. Didn’t ALW roll her out performing on tv shows when they were promoting it? She didn’t moan about those. She’s an entitled brat

I’ve seen the show and it was awful, two people near us didn’t return after the interval either

she also doesn’t like that people film WEL where as in the theatre it’s only the people there that see as no filming allowed so any mess ups would soon be forgotten