Caroline Hirons #7 complete kitshow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I flicked through the book when I saw it in a store, it is honestly a copy and paste of the blog.

@rileysbunny that's a bit of an unfair and elitist comment. Someone had budgeted to spend £190 on the kit, that's what should have been taken out. The kit could have been a money saving idea on their part. You're honestly suggesting that people should never pay anything nice for themselves if they're not high earners and just buy food and rent? I'd think it would be silly if someone got a kit instead of paying bills but that's not what happened here. Regardless, whether you have 1k or 1 million in your bank account this should not have happened.
I don’t think that’s a fair comment. As someone said above, somebody purchased 1 kit and ended up with £1600 taken out of their account. I don’t know about your personal circumstances but after paying my mortgage, bills and buying food I don’t have a spare £1600 floating around. People may have budgeted and saved specifically for the kit launch, what they choose to spend their money on has absolutely nothing to do with anybody else. Regardless of anyone’s circumstances, if you buy ONE kit, you should be charged for one.
But you are telling someone how they should spend their money. The point made about the kit tit show is that people who budgeted for £190 to go out of their account were having far in excess taken and in one case £1600. Whatever your circumstances this should not happen. In the example you gave the person had nearly £400 extra taken which had affected her ability to pay rent which is not beyond the realms of a lot of peoples finances. Whether you could afford the extra money being taken out or not is irrelevant....it should not have happened. Caroline is the one at fault here on two accounts. 1 being the tit structure of the website and the other being her creating the rabid frenzy for the bloody kits in the first place.
Where TH did I say what happened was okay? Kindly point it out for me, bc clearly your hatred of Caroline Hirons is blinding you so much that you think every comment that isn't directly bashing her is somehow in defense of her. You're hating her so much you're becoming her. I can have an opinion on irresponsible purchase behavior while not defending CH's mishandling of the situation, you do know these aren't mutually exclusive, right?

We're living in debt economy, especially in developed countries where good/decent social benefits are enabling people to make horrendous financial decisions every single day. "Affordability" is relative, but should we really be encouraging people to budget their lives one month at a time?

And what's with the hypocrisy? One minute you wanna call out people for buying skincare they don't need, the next minute "people have the right to spend hundreds to spoil themselves even though they can barely afford rent". Do you even hear yourselves?

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Where TH did I say what happened was okay? Kindly point it out for me, bc clearly your hatred of Caroline Hirons is blinding you so much that you think every comment that isn't directly bashing her is somehow in defense of her. You're hating her so much you're becoming her. I can have an opinion on irresponsible purchase behavior while not defending CH's mishandling of the situation, you do know these aren't mutually exclusive, right?

We're living in debt economy, especially in developed countries where good/decent social benefits are enabling people to make horrendous financial decisions every single day. "Affordability" is relative, but should we really be encouraging people to budget their lives one month at a time?

And what's with the hypocrisy? One minute you wanna call out people for buying skincare they don't need, the next minute "people have the right to spend hundreds to spoil themselves even though they can barely afford rent". Do you even hear yourselves?
Hi @rileysbunny
I don't think anyone assumed you were in support of CH, more that you insinuated that unless you have excess of £1000 in your bank account at any given moment you should not spend anything other than the bare minimum to survive. I've highlighted the parts of your comment that I found that correlate the the comments you quoted.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
There is a difference between spending £190 and having £1,600 taken from your account though. I'm not sure many people would be comfortable spending £1,410 more than they intended to in a month. I don't hate CH at all I just think she's overly aggressive and the majority of the Freaks group are terrifyingly devoted to her.

Reactions: 38
Looks like 'Diana' removed the 5 star rating from Trustpilot. Can't believe the freaks and Caroline's team aren't all over this
I wonder if this was reported and removed - not sure how Trustpilot works, but I know on Yelp and similar sites if a review is deemed to be biased/not trustworthy it'll be removed. I'm thrilled to see people posting there.

Reactions: 6

Hi @rileysbunny ,

First of all, no one is 'encouraging' anyone to live month to month.

You've missed the point of what I and others were trying to say- as I said, it would be silly if someone was prioritising the kit over bills but that's not what happened in the specific instance you mentioned. I even said it may have been a money saving venture on their behalf. Instead of buying multiple products, it might have been cheaper to buy a kit. It might have been the first skincare that they purchased in ages or they might have been putting money aside for a treat. Maybe they also have money in their savings account that can't be touched. All of that is irrelevant, the fact of the matter remains that if there's multiple charges, then that's not what the customer budgeted for. It makes no odds if the customer has barely 4 figures in their bank account. It should not have happened and it's not up to the customer to cushion the blow of Caroline's system mess up

And yeah, some of the freaks do have questionable spending habits and buy reams of products they couldn't even possibly use. Some do get into debt and are overt about it. We've discussed that sort of stuff here. But we've no evidence that that's what happened in the specific example you referred to. Budgeting and getting hit with multiple charges through a system mess up is not getting into debt of your own accord.

I agree that everyone should save where possible for a rainy day but there's a balance surely. And a rainy day shouldn't be "my skincare order will be messed up so I better have the funds to cover that"

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
She thinks she has enough for the priority list, shouldn’t she actually know the numbers after this duck up.
I can't believe that people who were charged nearly £200 then told that there wasn't a product for them after all are commenting on this saying she's 'amazing' now that they're being told there 'might'be a kit for them. It's still so vague, why do they not have numbers of kits left and people who didn't get their order honoured?!

Reactions: 9
She thinks she has enough for the priority list, shouldn’t she actually know the numbers after this duck up.
Still so vague! Also, shipping imminently?! When’s that? Today? Next week? Crap service, especially for something people have spent almost £200 on

Reactions: 7
Its surely not that difficult to work out how many kits are going to be offered and be clear when shipping will happen. Posting updates on a closed group she should be sending newsletter updating website

I wonder if anyone’s contacted trading standards over this ‘fiasco ‘ ... if not maybe they should 🤔

Reactions: 3
Oh my goodness, I’ve just seen Ava’s Instagram! I swear Ava was about 12 years old not long ago! (I feel so old).
Those videos taken by Ava’s PT are awful! Constantly zooming in to her bum and in between her legs whilst she’s in really thin lightweight leggings. Just seems so sexualised ☹
What if Ava wants to get a professional job in the future? 🤔

• Sad
I wonder if anyone’s contacted trading standards over this ‘fiasco ‘ ... if not maybe they should 🤔
I’d certainly have gone to Watchdog or something to expose her. It’s a scandal of her own making, she’s concealed it and is going to get away with it as if it never happened.

Almost 2 weeks since the launch and she STILL has no idea how many kits were sold. What a total shambles.

she should have pulled the whole thing, sorted the website and launched them again when she had her tit together. If I had ordered a kit I’d be so over it by now

Reactions: 11
Almost 2 weeks since the launch and she STILL has no idea how many kits were sold. What a total shambles.

she should have pulled the whole thing, sorted the website and launched them again when she had her tit together. If I had ordered a kit I’d be so over it by now
Exactly, how does a company not know how much stock is due to ship, its absurd and completely unprofessional. The fact that the freaks are still in limbo and ok with that speaks volumes or does it?
I don't believe that people who follow her aren't vocal about this, I think its more likely that the group is being censored

Reactions: 9
Exactly, how does a company not know how much stock is due to ship, its absurd and completely unprofessional. The fact that the freaks are still in limbo and ok with that speaks volumes or does it?
I don't believe that people who follow her aren't vocal about this, I think its more likely that the group is being censored
Literally, it must be a one day task to match all the confirmation emails sent out and allocate the kits they have. And if they still haven’t worked it out by now then just send out what you can (really quickly) and keep the ‘priority kits’ for anyone who comes back to say they’ve had a confirmation email but no kit.

the fact that people are still okay with this and even praising her is just madness.

I believe post approval is still on which is stopping any negative noise

Last edited:
I'm really tired of seeing these posts. What's the issue exactly? Why does CH give a tit? I get that Gigi Hadid isn't a dermatologist or aesthetician but it's really not worth getting worked up about.
Has the Hirons made any comments about VB and her skincare range? She seems to comment on everyone else who comes out with a range ( yet hasn’t mentioned VB’s)..

also isn’t this the woman who was pretty positive about Kylie Jenners skin care range ( bar the walnut scrub) . I think someone is worried that people who buy the brands she peddles may try the celeb range so she doesn’t earn the ££’s.

Same, not arsed for them so I don't see why she feels the need for a passive aggressive comment. Gigi is half her age so it's not a great look for her. Feels like some of these celeb skincare lines are easy targets, I remember her criticising the Kylie Jenner range too.
I thought she was mostly positive about the KJ range 🤔.. I thought she just said it was expensive for the amount of product and that she didn’t like the walnut scrub but it was ok for the audience she was aiming for ( could be wrong though and I’m thinking about someone else ?)

I just want my effin kit. You’ve had my £180 for almost 2 weeks. Never experienced anything like it.
I wonder if anyone has contacted her wanting a refund for the delay? Having to wait a fortnight is appalling .

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.