Caroline Hirons #7 complete kitshow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there is something about these FB groups that seems to cause/influence people’s or a least a certain type of person’s buying habits. It’s not just the ‘freaks’ there are children’s clothing brands, toy sellers, dungaree groups FFS that people get so caught up in, with their stashes and ‘drops’ it’s clearly an extremely useful marketing tool for the businesses. I do wonder if they are required to be upfront about ads, gifted and sponsored products like on IG though.
You're absolutely right here. I'm in one for a dress company and they drop new prints every Friday that instantly sell out. They probably make about ten of each and that's why, but the hysteria is insane! All the dresses are the exact same cut with different patterns each week. Caroline was ahead of the curve with this. Things she raved about years ago have completely lost their appeal with the group now, and the only brands they seem to rate are the ones in the last few kits which are all high end. It's such a shame that they can't see it.

Reactions: 8
I’ll say something, Alicia did the selfcare Sunday last week for CB and I was impressed. Seemed a more holistic approach to skincare but what got me was her skin. Now I now celebs have access to top derms etc but that woman’s skin is beautiful. She certainly wasn’t picking away at it or looking doughy....unlike some people 💁🏼‍♀️
Just went to have a look at the products - surprised to see they are in the "very affordable" category . I also really like the branding and the design of the range. I dont know why CH has to go on the attack for celebs cashing in on the skin care train. Why not include them in a kit? Make them inclusive instead of promoting the same bloody brands all the time.

Reactions: 5
I just saw this on the buy/sell/donate group - does this mean that they’re asking people to sell for less than what they thought they were paying for it in the kit? I get a bit confused with the fair pricing changes

I just saw this on the buy/sell/donate group - does this mean that they’re asking people to sell for less than what they thought they were paying for it in the kit? I get a bit confused with the fair pricing changes
I’m answering my own question lol but I think do people still essentially make back what it cost them though no matter what CH does with the price?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4

I’m answering my own question lol but I think do people still essentially make back what it cost them though no matter what CH does with the price?
she’s not really mentioning the fact that space nk are selling the size in the regularwhite packaging for the £58. I don’t believe any of her ‘oskia let me sell it for cheaps’ bull tit

A622A467-A685-4CCB-A32E-9783D0C16959.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Why would you buy a kit and flog the products? I'd be trying them all but then I'm a bit of a hoarder of products.
I was thinking about the snog, marry, push of a cliff thing, and think she has cut of her nose of despite her face with that shite, a lot of the freaks are asking for cheaper kits and some of these brands would have been ideal, no? Also can't get past the fact that once she's sullied these brands the freaks no longer use them. I kid you not I've seen them correcting each other in the comments with "Caroline says that's not good"

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Can someone explain this "fair pricing" to me in the buy / sell group? I don't understand how she can dictate what people sell products they own for? Is it to keep in good standing with the brands to stop a sort of "grey market" situation?

Can someone explain this "fair pricing" to me in the buy / sell group? I don't understand how she can dictate what people sell products they own for? Is it to keep in good standing with the brands to stop a sort of "grey market" situation?
The fair pricing is worked out for kit items as the % discount to stop people buying it and selling the items on for a profit. I.e. it's a 40% discount so that's what you'd sell an individual item for - in theory if you sold each item individually you wouldn't profit on the sale of the kit. I think it's a pretty good system as there's quite a lot of shameless profiteering - trying to flog items from kits and subscription boxes etc

she’s not really mentioning the fact that space nk are selling the size in the regularwhite packaging for the £58. I don’t believe any of her ‘oskia let me sell it for cheaps’ bull tit

View attachment 429304
You can pretty commonly pick up the 100ml versions for £25 too so you're actually paying more for the bigger size 🤯

Reactions: 12
Fair Pricing is a rule that the group members agree to abide by. Basically two women who must have nothing else to do run the page. They work out what each item in the kit should sell for having regard to CH saying what the discount is. So say the kit is 60% off retail price they then work out what each item is then worth. The group members then sell for that price plus fees. I sort of understand it as it means people who don't want all the bits from the kit can sell stuff and they are not profiteering. Other members can then buy one item for the 60% off cost

Reactions: 8
Wait so does this mean that the "worth" of the kits are actually lower than what she pitched them at?
So not only did she make a balls of the sizing of one of the products, she's artificially inflated the value of another?
Or am I picking this up wrong?

Reactions: 7
You're absolutely right here. I'm in one for a dress company and they drop new prints every Friday that instantly sell out. They probably make about ten of each and that's why, but the hysteria is insane! All the dresses are the exact same cut with different patterns each week. Caroline was ahead of the curve with this. Things she raved about years ago have completely lost their appeal with the group now, and the only brands they seem to rate are the ones in the last few kits which are all high end. It's such a shame that they can't see it.
Please tell me I’m not the only one who thought “ooh I wonder what the dress company is called” 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Wait so does this mean that the "worth" of the kits are actually lower than what she pitched them at?
So not only did she make a balls of the sizing of one of the products, she's artificially inflated the value of another?
Or am I picking this up wrong?
That's how I read it too. Bookmarks all round then

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I really must be crap at cryptic Caroline, I’m not getting the brands that she would like to remove.

I really must be crap at cryptic Caroline, I’m not getting the brands that she would like to remove.
The freaks think the cocktail hint was drunk elephant. I think the taupe one might be Aesop but they’re more brown than taupe..

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.