Caroline Hirons #7 complete kitshow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone here mentioned a few days ago that there's a lady that posts hundreds of pounds worth of stuff on the selling page quite frequently. She's at it again! All new and unopened. Lots of Zelens today, so probably bought half price. It's just so bizarre, she must quite literally have cupboards full of unused high end skincare.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Those trustpilot reviews are all pretty damning. Criticising her for only posting updates on a closed facebook group and instagram

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Going to stop up on popcorn for when the freaks find it!!!
I'm sure like good little cult members they will flock to trustpilot to post positive reviews en masse so her average score goes up... but please screenshot any drama šŸ‘€

Reactions: 8
Someone here mentioned a few days ago that there's a lady that posts hundreds of pounds worth of stuff on the selling page quite frequently. She's at it again! All new and unopened. Lots of Zelens today, so probably bought half price. It's just so bizarre, she must quite literally have cupboards full of unused high end skincare.
Where do I find this ā€œFreak selling pageā€?

I missed out on the Zelens sale. I love their eye cream and wanted to try a few more things.

I do wonder if people like this have an actual cupboard or walk-in-closet for their beauty products.

Reactions: 3
Iā€™ve just found this thread.

Long story short, I discovered the Beautymouth blog in early 2012, Iā€™m oily and acne/spot prone, followed her advice (skincare, diet, supplements) religiously, developed full blown acne, acne didnā€™t improve at all, persisted for years with her advice and following her word as gospel (because honestly I was young and naĆÆve and trusted her advice), went on the pill to try and avoid scarring as I had moderate/severe acne, acne subsided to persistent spottiness, came back after coming off the pill, started using really basic AF fragrance free, barrier supporting skincare routine and some hardcore actives (adapalene, azelaic acid, benzoyl peroxide, BHA gel), and my skin has never been better. I get 3-4 spots A MONTH (!!!!!!) Skin has now been clear for 2 years.

Whilst I fully agree there is so much that can contribute to acne and not just a simple answer and most of the info on her acne cheat sheet is really helpful, I feel pretty mugged off about her not addressing using prescription strength actives to treat acne (like retinoids, azelaic acid...is this because at high strengths they are prescription only? She mentions prescription strength for "anti-aging" so I wonder whether she doesn't mention it for acne because of it being more of a medical condition?), her preference of salicylic acid toners over benzoyl peroxide for acne, her stance on mineral oil (itā€™s the most inert occlusive ever and itā€™s saving my skin from irritation from the hardcore actives I am using), her blasĆ© blog post about Differin and one paragraph info on how to use it with no mention of buffering, protecting delicate areas with heavy occlusives, working up to using a full dose, using a ā€œthin layerā€ - HOW MUCH IS A THIN LAYER?! Her attitude that she doesnā€™t need to wear SPF daily, her attitude that the sun cleared her acne.

I used to love her blog and I have found some really fantastic products because of her. No longer use a lot of them as I try to stick with fragrance free. I purchased one of her kits in 2017 maybe? It had Zelens Power D in it (what I really wanted it for!)

She mentioned the freaks FB group in a video or on Insta or something and I felt really left out. I felt like, hey, Iā€™m a loyal subscriber whoā€™s followed you for years and hearing her talk about her Freaks group getting early access to info I felt really mugged off. I joined the group in mid 2018 and I commented on peoplesā€™ posts with advice a few times, I got fed up with people asking basic questions and not looking on the blog first which a simple search could have told them the information they sought. Now I just feel exasperated at how much the freaks group worship her and the mob mentality.

I feel as though Caroline has really changed in the kind of content she is putting out. She doesnā€™t post any content that I find interesting any more. I used to live for her cheat sheets and I feel like all that she posts is ads and info about her kits. I also sometimes struggle with the way she talks about herself and the team she works with (My team ā€“ should it not be the team I work with?) I really struggle when anyone talks about ā€œmy peopleā€ or ā€œmy teamā€. They are not ā€œyoursā€, they work with you and support you.

I bought a Bondi Sands facial SPF on her recommendation and itā€™s the worst SPF I've ever used. Heavy, greasy, sticky, despite the post saying itā€™s none of those. Iā€™ve gone back to look and the post is an AD, shocker.

During the time she was really pushing Beauty Backed, she made a few comments that really made me angry, about how we should all be queueing up when the salons reopen to make sure the beauty industry doesnā€™t collapse. Iā€™m sorry ā€“ I canā€™t afford to because I'm self-employed in a completely different industry and Iā€™ve lost about 70% of my income and I'm ineligible for any kind of government support. Whilst I completely agree that it seemed ridiculous that pubs were allowed to open and salons were not, I felt like there was a complete lack of tact and consideration for other industries also struggling to keep up business due to Covid-19.

Sorry, rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Looks like 'Diana' removed the 5 star rating from Trustpilot. Can't believe the freaks and Caroline's team aren't all over this

Reactions: 12
Looks like 'Diana' removed the 5 star rating from Trustpilot. Can't believe the freaks and Caroline's team aren't all over this
This is when weā€™ll find out if she reads tattle. Sheā€™ll be all over it soon enough if she does.

Reactions: 10
I saw that too. Sheā€™s made a new post telling people to scroll up her marketplace page to prove that she was selling the Zelens items long before they ended up in TKMAXX

Where do I find this ā€œFreak selling pageā€?

I missed out on the Zelens sale. I love their eye cream and wanted to try a few more things.

I do wonder if people like this have an actual cupboard or walk-in-closet for their beauty products.
It's called something like Skincare Freaks Buy Sell and Donate. Lots of people selling boxes of crap that Caroline persuaded them to buy that didn't work, or people making money from things they clearly bought on discount šŸ™„ I've never bought anything, I should probably leave šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
No words on a Tuesday from ms. Hirons... those kits should be dealt with by now. Itā€™s been a week and a half! She said she would be doing how-tos but as usual canā€™t deliver on anything that is promised. Sheā€™s sooo busy trying to fix these kits. Blah blah blah. The worst service I have ever seen. Thank god I didnā€™t order this or I would be shaking with rage. Iā€™ve never waited two weeks for anything to ship. Even Black Fridays are better than this. Imagine buying a kit cause you were out of XYz and the kit seemed like a good option. Your skin would be thirsty waiting for that moisturizer you got 60% off.

At this point I struggle to see how people can defend her. Businesses as she is are expected to follow on their contract which you make as soon as money is paid she's neglecting her end of the deal. Doing how tos isn't difficult she should factor all this stuff in or just record a igtv

Reactions: 5
It is genuinely concerning. There's a couple of frequent fliers on that group that have serious issues I think

• Sad
  • Haha
It's called something like Skincare Freaks Buy Sell and Donate. Lots of people selling boxes of crap that Caroline persuaded them to buy that didn't work, or people making money from things they clearly bought on discount šŸ™„ I've never bought anything, I should probably leave šŸ˜‚
I think you should stay and report back on all of the winter kit items that pop up. LMAO...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She's just interrupted Jordan Samuel's insta live. Definitely in Ruth's house.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She's just interrupted Jordan Samuel's insta live. Definitely in Ruth's house.
Interrupted to tell people about HER kits?! How rude is that?! And his face, he was like duck off!

And he said "it's so nice of you to come on" basically hinting that he wants her off but she won't go!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
She is so bloody rude.

If he didnā€™t invite her on and sheā€™s just gatecrashed and taken over then sheā€™s an even bigger hole.

Which selling page? The freaks one is closed because of the pandemic

Which selling page? The freaks one is closed because of the pandemic
Oh!!!! Thereā€™s another one still open, didnā€™t know about this!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.