Caroline Hirons #7 complete kitshow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That Zelens post has pissed me right off. I have been using their moisturiser and it’s been a great product for my incredibly picky skin. I went to buy, mindful that it’s all changing, and everything was totally sold out. This freak has bought it not because she needed it, but because she wanted praise from a group of strangers. It’s insanity.
Keep an eye on TK Maxx over the next few weeks!

Reactions: 2
Short answer is no. This is the woman who has previously said don’t get yourself into debt for skincare. But now she has realised what a nice little earner it is she has back tracked.
Just goes to show how she's just interested in the paycheck at the end of it. She doesn't give a flying duck about her freaks, as much as they like to think she does. Before she had such a following, she probably did actually care about people not going into debt over skincare, but now she has that option, she will watch them go into crippling debt so long as she gets her cut. Disgusting and morally wrong.

Reactions: 7
Just goes to show how she's just interested in the paycheck at the end of it. She doesn't give a flying duck about her freaks, as much as they like to think she does. Before she had such a following, she probably did actually care about people not going into debt over skincare, but now she has that option, she will watch them go into crippling debt so long as she gets her cut. Disgusting and morally wrong.
exactly. And her boasting that shes picked clearpay over klarna,... so what?? It means the same for the end customer.
I know buy now, pay later is a great option for people that understand the product and are using it responsibility but it’s a privileged position.
ive worked for a debt company and seen first hand the mess people end up in with debt. If you go and look at Step Change they have some great research on debt. One thing that shocked me was that the average literacy age in the country is 11. That means a lot of people simply don’t understand financial products and what it means for them. The fact that if you default on even small debt can end up with a mark on your credit file making credit more expensive. People get trapped in cycles. You can of course, say it’s their own fault and to a point it is. But we have non existent financial education in this country so a lot of people are just not educated in this area coupled with issues around actually understanding these products. The market ploy is all focused on have it now, worry about the cost later and it’s not exactly balanced with risk warnings.
like I say having seen it first hand, debt ruins people lives. It’s a sinister business designed for banks and lenders to make money off people and that’s the bottom line. Fair enough if CH wants to flog products to rich people who have the money but encouraging people that dont have the money spare is immoral.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I am getting fed up with these fawning posts about how well she has handled the situation. She must have all the email addresses of people who have ordered or tried to order a kit. Updating socials is one thing but there should have been a mass email sent to everyone and every single order needs to have an email sent confirming whether or not they have received a kit. Obviously refunds need to be prioritised first.

I have an order confirmation but I don't know if I actually have a kit because they oversold. It is a shitshow especially as some of the brand offers are only on for a few days.

I still can't believe that people would refresh their browser when there is a payment pending. I would think most of us have done enough online shopping to know not to do that.

Reactions: 18
i think i've got a kit & had no emails either but i think it has been handled appallingly. There should have been an email when it all went tits up & one to say the dispatch is delayed. These people need to go for a brain scan, all the glycolic acid has done something to them!
Exactly! This has not been handled well at all why would you go thanking her and telling her she is amazing? They wouldn't go licking the owners of boots/ cult beauty/look fantastics arses if there was a monumental duck up like this

I am getting fed up with these fawning posts about how well she has handled the situation. She must have all the email addresses of people who have ordered or tried to order a kit. Updating socials is one thing but there should have been a mass email sent to everyone and every single order needs to have an email sent confirming whether or not they have received a kit. Obviously refunds need to be prioritised first.

I have an order confirmation but I don't know if I actually have a kit because they oversold. It is a shitshow especially as some of the brand offers are only on for a few days.

I still can't believe that people would refresh their browser when there is a payment pending. I would think most of us have done enough online shopping to know not to do that.
I have seen a lot of people say they didn't refresh that the website just kept redirecting. This is because anyone complaining is being berated for refreshing the page. Also reputable retailers normally have a message saying don't refresh. Why wasn't this there?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
exactly. And her boasting that shes picked clearpay over klarna,... so what?? It means the same for the end customer.
I know buy now, pay later is a great option for people that understand the product and are using it responsibility but it’s a privileged position.
ive worked for a debt company and seen first hand the mess people end up in with debt. If you go and look at Step Change they have some great research on debt. One thing that shocked me was that the average literacy age in the country is 11. That means a lot of people simply don’t understand financial products and what it means for them. The fact that if you default on even small debt can end up with a mark on your credit file making credit more expensive. People get trapped in cycles. You can of course, say it’s their own fault and to a point it is. But we have non existent financial education in this country so a lot of people are just not educated in this area coupled with issues around actually understanding these products. The market ploy is all focused on have it now, worry about the cost later and it’s not exactly balanced with risk warnings.
like I say having seen it first hand, debt ruins people lives. It’s a sinister business designed for banks and lenders to make money off people and that’s the bottom line. Fair enough if CH wants to flog products to rich people who have the money but encouraging people that dont have the money spare is immoral.
It's very sad actually. I work in investments, so typically my clients are far from being in debt but I'd find it very interesting to work in the debt side for a while. I'm actually a bit astonished that she thinks she's done anyone a favour by choosing Clearpay over Klarna. Big woop. Silly cow.

So I’ve just finished an intense task at work and thought I would calculate the Zelens cost from the picture. Some of its a bit blurry but I’m pretty confident with my calculation of £1315! The original poster has edited to add that she’s had a rough time with her daughters who have autism but are now doing great and in their twenties now so unrelated to spending over a grand on Zelens

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
So I’ve just finished an intense task at work and thought I would calculate the Zelens cost from the picture. Some of its a bit blurry but I’m pretty confident with my calculation of £1315! The original poster has edited to add that she’s had a rough time with her daughters who have autism but are now doing great and in their twenties now so unrelated to spending over a grand on Zelens
Ur my kind of person for adding it all up lol, thats crazy money aint it lol

• Haha
Reactions: 13
ETA: the £1315 is without any brand discount

• Wow
Reactions: 6
If she bought it in December Zelens had 12 days of Christmas offers, some BOGOF and some discounts. Even so she is stupid spending that much on products she doesn't know will work for her.

Reactions: 15
I hate to get all sanctimonious about it but it turns my stomach seeing people hoard product. Imagine the use it could go to at a shelter (and imagine the amount of basic toiletries you could buy for a grand!). They don't think of anyone but themselves.

I've nothing against her spending what she wants where she wants- as my Granda used to say, when your money is your own you can do what you want with it.
However i do think it's tacky to post it like you've just declared your love for CH through your bank account.
Also can't believe she forgot the obligatory sob story and had to edit in in 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 31
That's crazy. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced products just not working all of a sudden. That's why I never stockpile

It'll most likely end up going to waste after Caroline recommends something else, which she will no doubt stockpile.

Reactions: 5
I’m getting fed up now. £180 and it’s not even looking like it’ll ship this week. What planet is she on that she thinks this is acceptable?

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.