Caroline Hirons #7 complete kitshow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting, the FCA (financial services regulator) are going to oversee these buy now pay later companies as they are worried about people running up debt and 1 in 10people using these were in arrears elsewhere.

should CH be using??

Short answer is no. This is the woman who has previously said don’t get yourself into debt for skincare. But now she has realised what a nice little earner it is she has back tracked.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There seems to be a lot of freaks that have now got email responses from the team, thank god!
Emails coming from Lucy, Katie and Jill. So that's 3 of the 5, who's the other 2? Caroline and ......?

Reactions: 2
I remember an interview, or a podcast or maybe the Sali Hughes In The Bathroom (which wasn’t in the bathroom) where Caroline said she had always felt she must quieten down her personality, that she had spent much of her career feeling she was Too Much or being told she was Too Much. So it’s possible this isn’t ego, or a journey from more subdued to presently where we see a very shouty Caroline, but Caroline now being in a position to be herself.

I don’t like the shouty at all and it’s why I’ve tuned out, but would we be as critical of a man? Would a man ever have had to feel he must start from a more subdued position (answer - no). I’ve gone a bit Carrie Bradshaw here .....and I’m not sure what I think other than maybe the Caroline some of us initially enjoyed content from, wasn’t the real one. Had she been able to be herself from the off I wouldn’t have gone near or by so then it’s simply a case of “not for me ta”.

Reactions: 19
There seems to be a lot of freaks that have now got email responses from the team, thank god!
Emails coming from Lucy, Katie and Jill. So that's 3 of the 5, who's the other 2? Caroline and ......?
I think there is Molly and Holly working for her (both somewhat related to her?)..

Reactions: 1
From the bbc article:

Debt charities and campaigners have argued advertising via social media, often through influencers, has glamorised debt. They also suggest the services can make it too easy to fall into debt, and - while total debts are not huge - there are risks of unaffordable borrowing

Imagine being all up in arms about what a make up academy calls it’s courses but not arsed that you’re allowing people to get in debt for the sake of a few potions.

Reactions: 11
I remember an interview, or a podcast or maybe the Sali Hughes In The Bathroom (which wasn’t in the bathroom) where Caroline said she had always felt she must quieten down her personality, that she had spent much of her career feeling she was Too Much or being told she was Too Much. So it’s possible this isn’t ego, or a journey from more subdued to presently where we see a very shouty Caroline, but Caroline now being in a position to be herself.

I don’t like the shouty at all and it’s why I’ve tuned out, but would we be as critical of a man? Would a man ever have had to feel he must start from a more subdued position (answer - no). I’ve gone a bit Carrie Bradshaw here .....and I’m not sure what I think other than maybe the Caroline some of us initially enjoyed content from, wasn’t the real one. Had she been able to be herself from the off I wouldn’t have gone near or by so then it’s simply a case of “not for me ta”.
There is shouty and there is downright rude.
Caroline is repeatedly the latter.

Reactions: 8

I think you raise a good point about how men and women act and are perceived.l in different ways and held to different standards.

I don't mind CH but I can see how she can be problematic.

Reactions: 6
She was pretty much who she is now - confident and outspoken. She so rarely came to school because she worked full-time and Jim was a stay at home dad who did all the school runs. Jim and I walked to school with Max and Ava pretty much every day for about three years until my kids moved school.
I found her slightly initimidating, but I could sense that she worked bloody hard and Jim just quietly ran the household. Neither of them could drive and they always had fairly modest holidays by the sea in Kent or Sussex.
I started to read her blog when it was BeautyMouth and it seemed an extension of the fairly ordinary, if opinionated, person whe was. Now she seems to have morphed into a kind of larger than life character, and her ego seems to have massively inflated.

I didn’t know that about the Boots buyout
CH has said a couple of times that whilst she had a load of respect for Liz and Kim at Liz Earle, her personal 'corporate experience' was terrible, hence why she doesn't support the company now, though said she still really liked several of the products. Her tune has now changed into 'the product has changed' but originally it was because she hated working there. I guess it sounds better to say the product is rubbish now, rather than you hated working there....which you can see if you search on her blog.

Reactions: 5
During the BLM movement in June, and Caroline was doing lives with Ateh Jewel (dont get me started on this woman) did noone get second hand embarassment went CH said her rates at the highest she can get, she asks for the highest rate possible, how bleeping cringe to say this

Put me right off her, have never purchased a kit of product based on her recommendation, dont trust her one bit, very arrogant woman
I'd be interested what you have to say regarding Ateh Jewel! I found it nice of CH to often include her (but of course the whole BLM phase was quickly over fro CH..)

Reactions: 4
No words. This is obscene, discount code or not
This is absolutely obscene. This is either greed, a genuine problem, the need to be validated or perhaps all three. Whoever posted this knew they’d get a barrage of “likes” on the Facebook group. Honestly sometimes it seems like that group is a competition of who can get the biggest stash of expensive skincare. I once saw on there someone who is 16 (!!!!!!) with completely clear skin talking about how they were using tret... 🥴

• Wow
I don’t think it’s just a case of CH being loud or shouty, I can deal with that and don’t actually mind it it in either sex. Caroline absolutely used to be that person, but she crossed that divide a long time ago.

As soon as she realised she had a few guard dogs in her fan base, she pushed the boundaries massively and then, because she was getting away with it, she went full, unapologetically rude and vile. She is also quite the bully too in some of her finer moments.

Charlie Brooker should do a Black Mirror based on her.

Any mention of people being over charged has been deleted from the group now. There was a comment about worrying about mortgage payments and a few others about how much had been taken and even other comments vaguely referring to the situation that have now been deleted

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.