Caroline Hirons #7 complete kitshow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Caroline is a typical bully who goes after the easy targets. Far easier to sneer over Gigi, she wouldn't dare take on VB
To be fair, as Jane (AKA: British Beauty Blogger) pointed out. Although expensive, VB was smart in delegating her skincare formulations to Augustinus Bader, a recognised dermatologist, rather than claiming or attempting to make potions herself.

Reactions: 9
Subtle cazza. So Barbara strum, drunk elephant, Aesop & liz Earle. Everything thing she says or I should say sells has a massive bias because she is an egomaniac who can’t separate her own view of the brand owner from the actual product. Yes in some circumstances this should be taken into account ie the owner married a nazi sympathiser but just because they may have offended your massive ego doesn’t mean the products won’t work for your readers. Total prick of a woman.
CFC27F65-24DB-4E96-B3A0-E7F18C64EFE4.png

• Wow
I bought a kit because the prices were really good and it happened to contain a few products I was already using and a few others I’d like to try, and I am pretty sure I *actually* got one but the literal first email I had about this was yesterday! If you don’t use social media, you’d be in the dark for almost two weeks while your money is lining Caroline’s pockets. It also annoys me so much that most of her updates on this have been on lives. I’m sorry, I do not have time to watch her grimace and be brash for an hour just to find out what the hell is going on with the thing I purchased. Anything to increase engagement I guess.

Reactions: 18
As no one got confirmation emails on release day, do you think CH might have taken this time to sift through the orders and manipulate who ACTUALLY “got a kit”? Blue tickers that have tweeted her? Freaks who have emailed repeatedly (and licked her ass clean?) Winning sob story posters? Her minions that run the buying and selling page? People with a good case to sue her for bullying them in Instagram comments? It wouldn’t surprise me seeing as every other aspect of the buisness seems to be corrupt. 🤔

I just don’t see how anyone at the store would have any idea who “got” kits... some orders would have been purposeful multiple orders (ie by the EU tax evasion crew.) Some people seemed to sail through check out when they first tried and yet now have no guarantee of a kit. Then there’s the people who have a small fortune held at ransom in Caroline’s bank account....

No one knows whether to expect the 37363838 kits they were charged for, or none at all!
What a mess. 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Personally I'd love to hear their side of the story.

Agency: Caroline, you're using wordpress, a site specifically for bloggers and not designed for retail. We recommend upgrading to (proper techie system)
Caroline: Don't worry, it'll be fine. My freaks won't care if it all goes wrong. I could send them a box of shite in the post and they would still rave about my amazing customer service. Do it on the cheap

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Caroline's all over the group this morning and every post is so annoying. Telling everyone that the kit shambles was everyone's fault but hers, baiting people who are guessing the brands she slated on the live last night. Her ego is just something else.

• Angry
Personally I'd love to hear their side of the story.

Agency: Caroline, you're using wordpress, a site specifically for bloggers and not designed for retail. We recommend upgrading to (proper techie system)
Caroline: Don't worry, it'll be fine. My freaks won't care if it all goes wrong. I could send them a box of shite in the post and they would still rave about my amazing customer service. Do it on the cheap
She needs to watch herself. She’s very quick to point fingers but it’s unlikely any (sub)contractor would push on despite noticing and calling out flaws as it would ensure they’d not be hired again. She needs to be absolutely certain the fault is entirely with them before she places blame. Could get litigious. Which would be such a shame.... *evil laugh*

Reactions: 12
She's so unprofessional it's staggering. I would be fully certain that the limitations were pointed out to her and she insisted on pushing on regardless. We've all worked with and for people like Caroline- people who don't listen and who then throw you under the bus when it all goes wrong (as you knew it would)

Reactions: 14
She's cutting corners and blaming others IT techs will only do what you pay them to do. WordPress yes is a blogging site but a few changes can make it into a robust woocommerce site with ssl certification and shopping plugins. They need to be the fully paid versions so you get all the license etc. I'm shocked no one has has fraud committed it sounds like her site would be a hackers paradise.

Reactions: 11
She's cutting corners and blaming others IT techs will only do what you pay them to do. WordPress yes is a blogging site but a few changes can make it into a robust woocommerce site with ssl certification and shopping plugins. They need to be the fully paid versions so you get all the license etc. I'm shocked no one has has fraud committed it sounds like her site would be a hackers paradise.
Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to get it but I don't know the technical terms so I just used 'upgrade' 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She's talking shite. I work at an ecommerce agency and we would never launch a WordPress site for a big retail operation like this. She would have been told that. She's gone for the cheapest option. You can do it, yes, but it's not suitable for what she needed.

If she did things properly, she'd have had agencies pitch their recommended approach and chosen based on that. A contract would be drawn up. I've seen this so many times, businesses getting in over their head with no one qualified to manage the project and blaming the agency when it goes wrong. She needs to take some responsibility here.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.