Caroline Hirons #29 Not an influencer? What a load of (overpriced) flannel!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This to me is the most distasteful bit - Trinny will be fine, if she can cope with the criticism of going out with the throttling Saatchi after Nigella, and him pumping in the money to fund her brand, she'll be cope with this.

But this Kirsten woman was clearly pumped up by Caroline to go on the attack before the live, and as a result, she came across poorly.

I feel hosts owe a bit of loyalty to their guests, and the oaf could have diffused it by saying we're not just talking about Trinny, we're talking about all home microneedling kits. Instead....
I agree. Kirsten definitely seemed to have pre planned agenda to bash Trinny at every chance she got.

Reactions: 5
Caroline is just really unprofessional and not likeable at all. She is rude. That woman she had on the live came across really badly. But her views were 100% aligned with Caroline as she said numerous times trinny knows nothing about skincare.

Reactions: 10
I'd like to try some Trinny skincare - what would you guys recommend? I like actives and T's ingredients list for actives sounds good.

Reactions: 2
I’m no fan of Trinny’s but it would appear that Nellie has shot herself in the foot here.

I’m not remotely surprised that Nadine is with Nellie, she loves anything connected with pseudoscience and anything that paints her as an expert. She describes herself as having a background in science relevant to reading & understanding underpinning clinical studies behind products with actives, but her decades old degree is actually social sciences and her professional background is journalism. All Mrs ‘pentapeptides’ does is read the press releases, same as the rest of them. She has no critical analysis skills whatsoever.

Reactions: 17
I'd like to try some Trinny skincare - what would you guys recommend? I like actives and T's ingredients list for actives sounds good.
I've used the Better Off gel cleanser and Overnight Sensation retinal for about a week and am loving both. I got a sample of the Vitamin C serum to test it before buying as it's strong (30%) and wanted to check it would be OK for my skin before buying. I used it 3 times (alternating nights with the retinal) and have had no problems. The skincare Match2Me is worth doing.

Reactions: 4
I've used the Better Off gel cleanser and Overnight Sensation retinal for about a week and am loving both. I got a sample of the Vitamin C serum to test it before buying as it's strong (30%) and wanted to check it would be OK for my skin before buying. I used it 3 times (alternating nights with the retinal) and have had no problems. The skincare Match2Me is worth doing.
I think both the Vit C and Retinol are pretty strong which puts me off

Spot on! Mean Girl.

Thread title suggestion…
Caroline Hirons #30 The Regina George of beauty
Not a nickname I can get on board with, Rachel McAdams is far too classy and talented to even be loosely linked to the oaf!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve been thinking after this awful episode of Trinny bashing from Nellie, does anyone know the full deal of why she dislikes Dr. Sturm so much ?.

Reactions: 2
The BHA exfoliant in her range I the only one I can get along with (I've got very oily, very sensitive, scarred skin, black so prone to pigmentation and keloids if it adds useful context). I also found the retinoid for "older" skin to be a better match for me than the one for blemishes, despite being slap bang in the latter category rather than the former, so I'd try to see if you can get any samples of the things you're interested in as sometimes the recommendations by skin type or concern can be a bit off ime.

Reactions: 3
Pure and utter genius
---

Dr Sam Bunting is also not a dermatologist
Plenty of people who have launched skincare ranges aren’t dermatologists including The Oaf herself. No reason for her to hate on Sturm. I’ve had quite a few samples of Sturm skincare and everything has been fabulous. If only I could afford to buy it 🤣

Reactions: 7
Plenty of people who have launched skincare ranges aren’t dermatologists including The Oaf herself. No reason for her to hate on Sturm. I’ve had quite a few samples of Sturm skincare and everything has been fabulous. If only I could afford to buy it 🤣
Many of her formulations are identical or very close to Babor, which is much less expensive. Worth checking out.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.