Caroline Hirons #29 Not an influencer? What a load of (overpriced) flannel!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ’Æ agree. she shouldnā€™t have mentioned trinny at all, hirons mentioned her first. Thereā€™s lots of kits on the market so she didnā€™t have to mention trinny but used the opportunity to be the huge witch that she is and try and slag her brand off. The fact that she had to go on afterwards and explain a lot of the reasoning behind the live says everything. She could have set the agenda from the start as a good interviewer would do.
she absolutely egged on that guest- and then threw her under the bus afterwards when the heat in the kitchen got too much.

I agree. Kirsten definitely seemed to have pre planned agenda to bash Trinny at every chance she got.

Reactions: 17
Iā€™ve only just noticed this in the description for the live. She says she supports Trinny and the brand but not the product the brand released. Sheā€™s talking like Trinny has nothing to do with Trinny London and itā€™s just her name on it. Trinny IS her brand , she is involved in every aspect of TL. So for Hierons to make out like sheā€™s annoyed at some fictional ā€œdark forcesā€ who run TL for releasing the microneedle is just utter drivel , she knows exactly what she was doing using this as a opportunity to bash Trinny personally and professionally.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I'm glad to see this blow up in her stupid face. She spectacularly misjudged this one. I hope she now realises she's not as powerful or as influential as she thinks (remember the recent most powerful woman in beauty description? Ha)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just watched the first few minutes of that live again. Expert Kirsten uses the words 'appalling' and 'mortifying' about that Trinny microneedle. Hirons darkly warns 'there will be damaged skins'.
So she can wriggle and squirm all she likes, and chuck in her constant 'we love Trinny and will not let anyone slag her off here' but what else was that? An attempted hatchet job.
Did Hirons even have the good grace to approach Trinny before hand to say she was doing it and ask if she wanted to say anything?

Reactions: 17
I was in Space NK a few days ago. I noticed Skin Rocks was middle shelf, middle of the store. On a live a while ago someone asked her why SR is bottom shelf in Space NK. She looked a bit flustered then said 'oh it's always been'. But I think it got demoted, and she blasted them. Wouldn't it be fab if they dropped her!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was in Space NK a few days ago. I noticed Skin Rocks was middle shelf, middle of the store. On a live a while ago someone asked her why SR is bottom shelf in Space NK. She looked a bit flustered then said 'oh it's always been'. But I think it got demoted, and she blasted them. Wouldn't it be fab if they dropped her!
Ooh yes. It would be fabulous indeed if SpaceNK dropped her, especially if they did it publicly.

Reactions: 6
Just watched the first few minutes of that live again. Expert Kirsten uses the words 'appalling' and 'mortifying' about that Trinny microneedle. Hirons darkly warns 'there will be damaged skins'.
So she can wriggle and squirm all she likes, and chuck in her constant 'we love Trinny and will not let anyone slag her off here' but what else was that? An attempted hatchet job.
Did Hirons even have the good grace to approach Trinny before hand to say she was doing it and ask if she wanted to say anything?
Nope and she accused people who tagged Trinny of 'stirring the pot'. In reality this didn't go the way she expected and I'm delighted. It also shows how thick she actually is. And how dreadfully unprofessional. If she really was concerned about damaged skin and all the questions she was 'inundated' with she could have easily directed those people to Trinny. Or else given Trinny a heads up that there were many questions coming through on the product. She saw this as an opportunity to take Trinny down a peg or two and had no idea how much it would backfire

Reactions: 11
Wouldn't it have been the classy and honorable thing to approach Trinny with something like "I'm getting lots of comments and questions on the microneedling tool, just wanted to give you a heads up". Instead she acted like a little rat and dragged in a nobody who was too stupid to realise she was being used

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Nope and she accused people who tagged Trinny of 'stirring the pot'. In reality this didn't go the way she expected and I'm delighted. It also shows how thick she actually is. And how dreadfully unprofessional. If she really was concerned about damaged skin and all the questions she was 'inundated' with she could have easily directed those people to Trinny. Or else given Trinny a heads up that there were many questions coming through on the product. She saw this as an opportunity to take Trinny down a peg or two and had no idea how much it would backfire
The backlash to this is the biggest backlash Iā€™ve seen against Hierons. Like you said yesterday, she really underestimated the love for Trinny.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
CH doesn't like Sturm because she says she isn't a dermatologist and she thinks her products are over priced.

I've tried a few samples of Sturm and the products are nice but I'd not pay full wack for then. I wouldn't pay full price for many of the brands CH flags either.

I think her main issue with Sturm is that her husband is a lawyer (Adam Waldman) and anyone who speaks negatively of the brand gets a cesit and desist letter.

This is also the reason she despises Johnny Depp as Adam Waldman was his lawyer.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
The backlash to this is the biggest backlash Iā€™ve seen against Hierons. Like you said yesterday, she really underestimated the love for Trinny.
She appears to be lying low. None of her usual nightly pieces where she gurns at the camera!

Reactions: 7
It's utterly daft for her to dislike a brand because she considers them overpriced. How many exortionately expensive things has she shilled over the years? When she dislikes someone I often think it's for the most piddling of reasons. Look at how she turned on Indeed Labs. She turned on Sunday Riley with no explanation and then recommended them again. She's as fickle as anything

Reactions: 14
It's utterly daft for her to dislike a brand because she considers them overpriced. How many exortionately expensive things has she shilled over the years? When she dislikes someone I often think it's for the most piddling of reasons. Look at how she turned on Indeed Labs. She turned on Sunday Riley with no explanation and then recommended them again. She's as fickle as anything
So according to Gobshite, Sturm is overpriced but if anyone says the same about her own products she and her ā€œYes Minionsā€œ churn out ā€œitā€™s not overpriced/expensive, itā€™s just out of your budget!ā€ šŸ™„

Why donā€˜t people see her for the hypocrite that she is?

Reactions: 22
Wouldn't it have been the classy and honorable thing to approach Trinny with something like "I'm getting lots of comments and questions on the microneedling tool, just wanted to give you a heads up". Instead she acted like a little rat and dragged in a nobody who was too stupid to realise she was being used
Yes, that ā€œexpertā€ is a pretty stupid nobody. 100% used by Hirons but too thick to clock it

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.