Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh I don't think focusing on micro details equals focusing on wrong things, after all, sometimes the only things making a difference between an ordinary and iconic coat are buttons, BUT it doesn't come naturally to Brittany at all.

It's awfully forced and/or stems from anxiety, not creativity or passion. Don't get me started on how boring it is. 40 minutes of her gibbering about ironing her tracksuit pants? No, thank yew, and I say it as someone who has watched a time-corresponding animation of the sinking Titanic. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I have nothing to say about the new outfits vlog. Wow. A pair of trousers, dad shoes and a tank, and repeat. Don't get me wrong, that look really works for her, but, just wondering if there will be any evolution?

Except, the row bag "a new aquisition" (glides model lady hands around like it's a new car, which well, it's not far off the cost of, probs more expensive than, the camper van) "because I tried to find substitutes but I just couldn't get it out of my head".

STREUTH. Poor baby, up all night, tossing and turning, can't sleep, can.only.think.of.banana.bag.make.me.cool. It's so similar to 3 or 4 of her others. Granted probably beautifully made but she will be tired of it in max a year. Hardly a classic.

Oh now I feel like a bitter kitten. But for heaven's sakes, don't try to soften the fact that you bought a 2000 pound bag. We know. It's what you do over and over again. It's not a once in a blue moon thing. Why do influencers say that? Oh I really wanted it and saved up and then next week it's another thing...LOL. tit they say right? You saved up for 2 days? Hahahaha!

In lieu of anything to else to say can we talk about the photo stretching? It's gotten even more frequent no? Sometimes she looks like a primary school student and other times has Hailey Beiber proportions -coincidentally when the cabinets or wall panels are 6ft long too ;).

Does she think people can't tell? Especially when she is a variety pack of sizes and her Noguchi lamp all of a sudden looks like the starship enterprise.

The BB funhouse mirror.

P.S. Either reading inks or ughhhcanwejust was saying something like this - she doesn't get what makes content interesting and I think she is definitely reading this a bit. Because she did talk about her work history. But telling us a laundry list of jobs she has had isn't that interesting. What about these jobs? What did you do? What did you hate?

Coffee table - why do you like it? Art book - why is that person inspiring? Instead of here is my latest purchase - shazaammm! So I think this applies to the Row bag for example. I do personally think spending $2500 on a bag is too much, but I know it happens, heck, people buy Hermes bags and get on that stupid waitlist (what a waste of a life), but it would be infinitely more interesting if you showed us the bag and told us why you like it so much - the hardware etc. She did that when she reviewed bags and coats and they are some of her best viewed content.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Guys I’m not gonna lie, I unfollowed BB and it has been freeing 😂 she’s so boring I can’t even hate follow anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 10
BB overthinks everything. It's so painful to watch. Her latest what I wore vlog shows how obsessive she gets over the smallest of details. nobody is looking at the creases on your jeans Brittany!!! literally no one cares. and then the buttons! she goes on and on and on about the smallest of details that literally do not matter. she focuses on the wrong stuff, imo.
I always get exhausted even watching her talk about these things. She spends all this time deliberating these tiny details and ends up looking the same as always. I can only imagine what she will be like in important life decisions.

Reactions: 8
the state of BB's dining area!! it's such a mess. just goes to show how much she hides out of shot to make you think she lives in a perfectly minimalism home...

those £300 trousers were see-through! you could see the pockets through them, which is shocking. I know BB said she doesn't think they're worth the money but even for £100 I'd expect my trousers not to be so thin.

I always thought the bedroom she filmed in looked a mess. Which is weird for someone who obsesses over every little tiny detail

I will not stand for this Scottish weather slander by her....it's literally been 25 degrees + and sunny for over two weeks here (in Scotland, where I live!)... "Not the sunny holiday that we wished for" go duck off then.

• Heart
I will not stand for this Scottish weather slander by her....it's literally been 25 degrees + and sunny for over two weeks here (in Scotland, where I live!)... "Not the sunny holiday that we wished for" go duck off then.
Yup the weather's been glorious here

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Where have I seen those trousers before 🤔
No way!!!

New thread title suggestion: Brittany Bathgate, a copycat, who thinks she hides it well, but us Tattlers can always tell.

(Can you tell I've been watching new gossip girl lol)

Reactions: 17
How cheap-looking are those trousers? The white pocket standing out... my god. You could get a much more affordable option.

She tried to credit Jess Alizzi (is that her name?) for ideas for a new vlog. Seriously, you have to copy that idea? If you can call it an idea even. You don’t have anything you can think up on your own that can surpass “outfits for different occasions”? I’m blinded by the shine of the creativity. Lol. Are they planks or what? Apologies to planks.

I really like Birkenstocks but these Jil Sander X Birkenstock sandals are truly horrible, why bother 🙄
they are just the Arizona with an extra strap (ie the Milano). Seriously what makes them Jil Sanderish at all? And I like Jil sander. Oh the price. BB is insecure so she buys expensive things so she feels like it has prestige at least if she makes the wrong decision. As much as she says she doesn’t care for logos she is ALL ABOUT THE LABEL.

The toteme pants are pajamas. They are literally a 5 minute make in poor quality fabric with elastic at the waist. Case in point about the label meaning more than the garment.

seriously? They would not look twice at these in m&s but they’d probably look way better. I’m not fussed with the see throughness, they are just naff.

And in BBs case it seems to me she is a very envious person and gets things because others have them but on the flip side also feels that she is copied (she mentioned the row sandals she’s had longer than others who are just now catching on again). Her FOMO drives her but she likes to think of herself otherwise.

No way!!!

New thread title suggestion: Brittany Bathgate, a copycat, who thinks she hides it well, but us Tattlers can always tell.

(Can you tell I've been watching new gossip girl lol)
love this. I’ve been watching gossip girl too. It’s awful but I still like it. I watch it mainly because of Tavi! Was huge fan of style rookie!

Proof am tavi fan girl (and yes, you can see just by this small piece of my home how I’m clearly no minimalist!).

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Sorry if this is all at the "witch eating crackers" point, but really just want to vent, and I guess this could be more about WHY we bother to watch influencers at all.

I guess what started this all off was the dependency she has on her ex/not ex and how this translated into content and privilege. Would she have even considered going to Australia, to Wales, to Scotland, the campervan thing, all the home interior design and garden design, even certain artists if it wasn't motivated by him.... and therefore why should viewers care about content that isn't "hers".... if we wanted to see her partner's campervan project, then that should be on his own platforms.

The way she presented her whole "separation" and the sheer financial privilege to just decide to move out like that, ofcourse into an insta worthy flat, which in turn invites brand deals like Tylko, Made, Lick, the vases, the art prints and god knows what else. Only it was never really a separation and content from someone discovering independence, seeing as she couldn't even put up a Christmas tree by herself, let alone spend the big day alone as a newly single person. Then viewers are considered "nosey" when they convey that none of this adds up, why would you rent an expensive flat and quickly furnish it with expensive bulky furniture when it's just a temp. arrangement? You also have to consider the consumption and waste aspect of all of this.... what happened to the "old" couch, that wasn't as good as the Hay one?

So what does her content offer, the content that isn't influenced by her ex/not ex's creative input and travel plans? She gets gifted and buys a lot of beautiful things, anyone could dress in a fantastic minimalist wardrobe and have a beautifully decorated house like hundreds of other identical instagrammers if they also received it for free and made as much money from advertisements.

Would she have ever considered making matcha and turning it into content if she wasn't gifted it in the first place? She appeared to be completely clueless as to where to buy "good matcha". That kind of annoyed me, which is probably "eating crackers" territory lol, but why even bother filming something that you only care about because it was gifted to you.

I guess others have mentioned the lack of depth and explanation, yet huge amounts of time deliberating the smallest pointless detail. Even the what I eat video, why film it when you don't bother to show anything properly, or even seem to care about cooking and learning in the first place. It just seems like phoning it in, and an opportunity to have a dig at hello fresh (valid, but just seemed like a dig at other hello fresh touting youtubers). Her depop sales, exploiting an audience, highlight wasteful behaviour, so it's not if she's on a zero waste, living on a budget niche.

Ultimately as we all get older, and move beyond watching endless youtube videos and instead to a curated mix of those that actually provide escapism, education, inspiration etc I'm struggling to see a need to keep a subscription. I don't need to spend 30 mins watching someone over think pointless things from an economically privileged position, and not have much organic content. Nor does it provide the soothing, slow living that is huge amongst Korean and Japanese vloggers, which that German youtuber mentioned kind of has a pinch of. If I want to see pretty things and an aesthetic I like, then it's rife on instagram.

Not sure where I'm going with this and apologies if it's all so petty as it's really not that deep ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Spot on blue blue indigo - all of it.

LOL Jaymie. Brittany Bathgate sans filter (but leg stretching app still deployed) 😆

I reckon BB only looks good still.

Which is true of a lot of them. Did anyone see that influencer she did the COS video thing with BB (which was a TOTAL flop)? That woman (I think her name is Sophia Roe) is beyond gorgeous in photos and then in action it's like, oh dear, wooden and boring. It might have been that English not her first language to be fair, but definitely not as beautiful as the image.

That's why, after all these years, I still adore Alexa Chung. I know BB was obsessed with her and now she's moved on. I don't think I ever will. She's smart, writes well, is super funny and will always be gorgeous/cool.

I look terrible in photos but much better in real life. I'd prefer to look great in both but at least I know I'm animated, warm and cute (if not beautiful) when in action even if I'll never be an instagram/YouTube star. Thank goodness for that, it all seems a giant, self indulgent cringe fest anyway. Not that I'd ever be tempted.

Last edited:
god, i still LOVE Alexa Chung too, she's evolved into something brilliant, wish I could afford her clothing line tho!

yep, Alexa is great bc she seems to stay true to herself rather than trying to copy everything that is trending alll the time, unlike *cough cough* a certain influencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.