Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
reality influencers, of any type, are really cringey to those of us in the real world.
Let’s be frank, they are also much less ~influential~ than they think they are. I don’t know anyone in real life who would dress like BB or Lizzy/Lindsey, most girls my age just buy whatever is in stock in Zara, New Look etc 😂

Reactions: 6
- did anyone check if Nisi had this table or was getting a camper van? JK JK!
😂😂😂 actually... her friend @stormwes (who BB follows on IG as well) had that same couch table in white for a while now and of course BB didn’t give any credit. And it’s a very random, hard to find piece - I really doubt she just stumbled across it all by herself

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wonder if they checked out the actual ability of camper van to drive from A to B, petrol costs, etc.? (Snore but...) Or if it were merely a style consideration? It'll still be fun to watch them piss their money down the drain (i.e. better them than me). While Dean is very handy, it's not an inexpensive project, nor an easy one. It will be interesting to see what he does. He's quite talented. Hopefully he reuses the sink and cooker etc. It's expensive to buy small stuff like that which is specially designed for vans.

Makes me think of tiny homes which, on the whole, can't stand them. What a waste of money, just buy a modest home or bedsit where you don't have to constantly hinge the table up to sit down, make a breakfast table out of the toilet, climb up bookshelves which hide all life's detritus to a bed on another shelf, hook up to water in a field. Ha! It just seems very stressful, not to mention a money pit.

Obviously this is better in that they could really use it for road trips but I wonder with them if it'll just become a trendy project soon to go on the trash heap when their attention span falters. It's a real commitment to a lifestyle when you put that much into it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I wonder if they checked out the actual ability of camper van to drive from A to B, petrol costs, etc.? (Snore but...) Or if it were merely a style consideration? It'll still be fun to watch them piss their money down the drain (i.e. better them than me). While Dean is very handy, it's not an inexpensive project, nor an easy one. It will be interesting to see what he does. He's quite talented. Hopefully he reuses the sink and cooker etc. It's expensive to buy small stuff like that which is specially designed for vans.

Makes me think of tiny homes which, on the whole, can't stand them. What a waste of money, just buy a modest home or bedsit where you don't have to constantly hinge the table up to sit down, make a breakfast table out of the toilet, climb up bookshelves which hide all life's detritus to a bed on another shelf, hook up to water in a field. Ha! It just seems very stressful, not to mention a money pit.

Obviously this is better in that they could really use it for road trips but I wonder with them if it'll just become a trendy project soon to go on the trash heap when their attention span falters. It's a real commitment to a lifestyle when you put that much into it.
What bothers me is that BB seems to have a personality that is completely dependent on Dean. Herself on her own was a ball of misery ironing joggers at 3AM, while now that Dean is back in the picture she’s ready for a camper van life. I understand that some things are easier to do as a couple but I just can’t see this as a healthy relationship if BBs personality is completely dependent on them being together.

Reactions: 13
Korean-German blogger/blogger Nisi (Teetharejade) - BB seems to have copied the nature/swans aspect of her vlogs, plus even used the same music in places (example - BB vlog where she goes for a walk and vlogs swans, identical imagery and identical music lifted straight out of one of Nisi's videos.) BB follows her on Instagram, likes all her pictures, but I don't think mentioned her when she did a feature on influencers she follows? Probably because a side by side comparison would be a bit too close to comfort for her? Only difference is Nisi is farrrrrr more upbeat and authentic than BB, and you never catch her moaning...
okay thanks very much. Nail on head. I called it ages ago (just had no idea of her target) this is exactly what she does. She has people “under the radar” of the mainstream that she directly rips off. I’ve just watched some of these vlogs and seen Nisi’s insta. The likeness Is uncanny. And Brittany sits like a bloody false stonefish on her prey. she follows them but never engages and never promotes them. Because of course if she did it would be transparent. Yet she puts on these “faux” promotions of others and tags on comments to other influencers as if she is enthusiastically supporting people. Something we know psychopath Brit is incapable of. This is her pattern. Completely. She’s an absolute content predator. God job she’s got back with Deano Dino because the fella is probably what a pinch of salt is to pasta water to her personality. Sorry but I really detest the girl she’s an awful human being.

the sad thing is she will never capture Nisi’s realism and authenticity however hard she tries. It probably helps this girls blogs are German too so cuts out most of Brit’s target audience.

Selling the white ginza's.... To pay for plywood for the van?
Indulge me! I haven’t seen anything because can’t bare to watch. What is the plywood van. Don’t tell me she’s perusing hippy dreams with some kind of camper…let me guess entirely built by Deano Dino.

Reactions: 6
Selling the white ginza's.... To pay for plywood for the van?
I grew up in a developing country, I can tell you the slipper looks exactly like how the factory workers (economic migrants) would wear. It looks like something you can get for £4 at most from market stall

Reactions: 4
Hi interior style is not unique. So many photos on insta that extremely close to her showroom style (one might say retail style)/ "minimalist" aesthetic. It's not her own. Case in point below. I forget who this is but she is an architect. Notice: coffee table (it's in white but same one), the black chair in the first image, the Christmas tree with the basket and decorations, and the organic form ceramic sculptures. It's all so trendy and unoriginal and doesn't indicate any personal flair or meaning to me at all. Meh galore.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Hi interior style is not unique. So many photos on insta that extremely close to her showroom style (one might say retail style)/ "minimalist" aesthetic. It's not her own. Case in point below. I forget who this is but she is an architect. Notice: coffee table (it's in white but same one), the black chair in the first image, the Christmas tree with the basket and decorations, and the organic form ceramic sculptures. It's all so trendy and unoriginal and doesn't indicate any personal flair or meaning to me at all. Meh galore.
I did a full doubletake - "this must be Brittany's place non" - absolutely THE SAME. Woah. Thanks Brerwhabbit as always for providing the receipts.
Tempted to post my own livingroom as a means of full maximalist distraction hahaaa.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
What I find the most painful in her attitude is that she seems to really truly believe that buying and reselling expensive things every couple of months is more sustainable than buying from high street much less frequently. BB is so proud of the way she cares for her clothes, she even washes at 20* (which I’m not even sure is hygienic). I don’t tend to do that, and yet manage to preserve and wear high street clothes for years. I have t-shirts from Zara that are more than ten years old and are still my favourite and look great. I tend to go for neutral design and pay attention to the materials I buy, that’s all. For someone with her aesthetic it should be the same as she tries to pretend her style isn’t trend driven (although we all know it is, just not mainstream trend). I really think she has no clue. Also, maybe it’s because I grew up in a war torn country and we really didn’t have much, so we’d only buy new stuff when the old fell apart beyond repair, but I’m so in shock by all this endless consumerism. Surely, not everyone buys a new wardrobe every season.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What bothers me is that BB seems to have a personality that is completely dependent on Dean. Herself on her own was a ball of misery ironing joggers at 3AM, while now that Dean is back in the picture she’s ready for a camper van life. I understand that some things are easier to do as a couple but I just can’t see this as a healthy relationship if BBs personality is completely dependent on them being together.
Loool the ironing joggers at 3AM was really something else

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Good grief! Imagine BB trying to sell you something in person. Who would have time for that!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I‘m halfway through her latest video and I‘m a bit irritated about the part where she kind of justifies the rude zara employees behavior because they don’t have customer service training. Like.... I don’t need training to know how to be polite and be a little nice?! Lol. And I‘ve worked in retail for years myself (also no training) - it’s not that hard to be friendly.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I see her point a little bit. Straight out of university I worked for Macy’s headquarters in San Francisco as an “executive trainee”. It was 10 kids, totally green, and we had to work in the shops for a year in all the jobs. Looking back it was a bit cringe but I did learn a lot.

I did learn a great deal though and know that good customer service doesn’t come naturally to many and the type of people often attracted to fashion can be the snottiest, shittiest workers. It sometimes takes training to help change attitudes. Or a least minimize them. The training definitely helped me realize that people have various needs that you try to match not the binary choices of pushing stuff or ignoring.

For example, while I don’t like polyester, someone may need something washable and not needing ironing and it can be a better choice for them. Also letting people know you are aware that they exist within a minute is respectful and “reading the room” important (some want to be left the duck alone others want you to help them choose etc). It’s amazing how many people don’t get something so simple.

I find most American brands too overtly attentive (ffs go away) and British shops often awkwardly inattentive (could they stand up). Fine balance. 😂

I reckon she still doesn’t understand this though and have a sneaky suspicion that she was of the asshole variety when in uni and her “there wasn’t training logic” is more her guilty conscience excuse for being so. She’s not very self aware. Understatement.

There were parts of her work history that were interesting but jeezus Christ she really doesn’t know how to pick the highlights.

I can’t imagine her in an interview. She has so much trouble getting to the point.

her jumping in at the end to acknowledge her privilege reveals her superficial understanding of what privilege actually is. She really swims in the shallow end intellectually even though she believes otherwise.

white and slim? Well yeah but It’s way beyond that. You know generational wealth and power white people have inherited, the marginalization, systemic descimination and inequity over decades people of color, those with disability, older folks and others have not. The easier ability for whites to leave their jobs, get loans, start businesses, follow their “passions”?

No need to apologize for it but…if you broach such difficult topics maybe you should read more than the book cover? Give it a bit more thought?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I thought it was interesting how intertwined Dean was with her work history. She's virtually spent her entire adult life with him. I hope she genuinely challenged herself and interrogated any co-dependency issues during their separation.

Reactions: 7
I thought it was interesting how intertwined Dean was with her work history. She's virtually spent her entire adult life with him. I hope she genuinely challenged herself and interrogated any co-dependency issues during their separation.
I highly highly doubt it.

Reactions: 14
BB overthinks everything. It's so painful to watch. Her latest what I wore vlog shows how obsessive she gets over the smallest of details. nobody is looking at the creases on your jeans Brittany!!! literally no one cares. and then the buttons! she goes on and on and on about the smallest of details that literally do not matter. she focuses on the wrong stuff, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.