Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or... she intentionally liked that review because that’s the mean girl in her coming through, then she saw that she got caught here on tattle (bc I‘m sure she reads on here) and quickly de-liked the review

also... if it was an accidental like.. and you don’t notice it for a few hours or a day or how ever long it was... how do you suddenly notice you accidentally liked something to then go back to that review and de-like it? 🤔
I’m very much inclined to agree with you. So she has essentially confirmed she reads here 😂 I also tend to think that just because she’s commenting congratulating Lizzy on her house purchase at the same time doesn’t mean these people all passive aggressively dislike each other behind the scenes. I get the impression the “friendship” is completely fake.

Reactions: 10
I don’t think it was an accidental like. But she probably didn’t realise it was that noticeable and that it would be picked up by others.

I mean, the review is a fact, no one can disagree with that.
I wouldn’t put it past her to have several accounts, one her for public persona and interactions and a couple of others for more private things (not necessarily mean stuff although who knows) and possibly testing things out. I have two instagram accounts, one as a printmaker and one personal, which is always useful to check on how my print related posts show up. So perhaps she forgot she was using her public one when that happened?

Reactions: 5
I listened to Lizzy’s and Lindsey’s book on Audible (I got it on a free trial don’t judge!) and it is awful. I think they intended to write for people their own age but generally it just comes across as something a fifteen year old would pick up thinking they’re being mature.
The content is just recycled from the podcast, it has no real depth and it’s weirdly strung together with weird friendship letters to each other and letters to their virgin selves - total cringe!

Brittany didn’t goto Lindsey’s birthday either, or was she in Scotland then? I think most influencer friendships are more like acquaintances they often see at work events.

Reactions: 6
I agree that most influencers are just work acquaintances, but someone here shared a post by Brittany where she said she'd never had many friends in the past, but she's thankful to have finally found her tribe - followed by pics of Lizzy, Lindsey, the Halpins etc. If she doesn't view these influencers as her actual friends, then she really only has Dean and his mates.

Reactions: 4
Well it's no wonder Lizzy replied to so many of the initial comments on how house purchase except Brittany's then isn't it? I do think that's telling. Has seen true stripes. Lizzy and Lindsey do seem to really support each other.

Fashion girls at music festivals are a bit cringe I reckon. I know they are all over the place but trying too hard when going to see bands is so obvious and weird. Chill.

That said, Lizzy taking the ticket from Free People and then making not a single solitary effort to look a little bit relevant to the brand not very professional. It's not all flowers in the hair and Stevie nicks outfits. There is some more sedate stuff on there. Lindsey really pulled that off (looks like you could buy that outfit there) and yeah, I know they are both not the brand's type per se, but it's just you know, a little bit of effort that is probs appreciated.

I wouldn’t put it past her to have several accounts, one her for public persona and interactions and a couple of others for more private things (not necessarily mean stuff although who knows) and possibly testing things out. I have two instagram accounts, one as a printmaker and one personal, which is always useful to check on how my print related posts show up. So perhaps she forgot she was using her public one when that happened?
She may very well be Lisa Sedfield of Norwich :ROFLMAO:

xoxo (Gossip Girl reference)

Last edited:
I wouldn’t put it past her to have several accounts, one her for public persona and interactions and a couple of others for more private things (not necessarily mean stuff although who knows) and possibly testing things out.
I bet BB has an account on tattle too tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Dean seems to like every thirst trap Lizzy posts, no wonder BB is giving her the cold shoulder

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Dean seems to like everything on Instagram full stop - and Brittany. Everything that comes up on there seems to have been liked by either or both of them. I think this is a couple that spend more time online than they care to admit. My husband has his own small business and he seems to think that liking posts helps your own account?! So maybe Dean is trying to raise his own profile, and Brittany trying to boost hers even further? I have no idea if that's true - I always thought you would only 'like' something on Instagram if you actually did? I suppose if you live your life by how many likes you get you'll try any trick in the book to get more

Dean seems to like everything on Instagram full stop - and Brittany. Everything that comes up on there seems to have been liked by either or both of them. I think this is a couple that spend more time online than they care to admit. My husband has his own small business and he seems to think that liking posts helps your own account?! So maybe Dean is trying to raise his own profile, and Brittany trying to boost hers even further? I have no idea if that's true - I always thought you would only 'like' something on Instagram if you actually did? I suppose if you live your life by how many likes you get you'll try any trick in the book to get more
It does seem to be the case, although I wouldn’t stop with just likes, overall engagement such as comments, following more people, responding to their stories and sharing them, all of that counts. I’m a printmaker in my free time and I’m trying to establish a small business to sell my prints. Instagram is a huge platform for me and has also a really great supportive creative community. Being active within that community definitely gets the algorithm on your side!

Reactions: 8
It does seem to be the case, although I wouldn’t stop with just likes, overall engagement such as comments, following more people, responding to their stories and sharing them, all of that counts. I’m a printmaker in my free time and I’m trying to establish a small business to sell my prints. Instagram is a huge platform for me and has also a really great supportive creative community. Being active within that community definitely gets the algorithm on your side!
Yup. I don't really know that much about instagram but when one of my best friends was doing a blog back in the day (yeah, I'm old), she set aside hours every single day, to go through a list of people and comment on their pages and like etc. This drove up her following and views. It was such a giant mindfuck to me at the time. Like what? What a pointless, circuitous waste of time. So.much.effort. And revelation as to how phony it all was. LOL. But I do see now that it's the way it works and important if you have a business to get more exposure to customers (Readinginks obvs has substance).

I don't equate online popularity with talent but feel many do right? Sure there's a correlation but it's equally possible that they have little talent in their declared area of expertise (design, fashion etc) and are just sly marketers and mimics. I had a illustration professor from Japan who was very popular in the 1980's and 90's. He was absolutely genius. Awe inspiring. Zero online presence - which you know - given his age, understandable but reinforced to me at the time how much it's not an indication of much of anything creatively.

Click baiting everyone with headlines and WTF type expressions can rack up the points faster and easier. At least Brittany doesn't do much of that in an obvious way I guess, but I don't see her as a creative. Anything she does that seems cool can be traced back to copying, almost directly, another.

Can you hear my distain? Ha!

PS

Should we continue this thread?

I kind of feel like at this stage she's not worth the discussion or critique? She's become a boring trope of herself. I could just as easily comment on her occasionally on the Lindsey/ Lizzy thread.

Last edited:
PS

Should we continue this thread?

I kind of feel like at this stage she's not worth the discussion or critique? She's become a boring trope of herself. I could just as easily comment on her occasionally on the Lindsey/ Lizzy thread.
Huh? Of course the thread can continue lol. Why would BB comments move to Lizzy Hadfield’s thread? Sounds like you’re bored of BB now, fair enough, so you don’t need to comment if you don’t want to.

Haha coz one was caught out as dog dumper while another one just bought a house, of course they are going to be more popular
Huh? Of course the thread can continue lol. Why would BB comments move to Lizzy Hadfield’s thread? Sounds like you’re bored of BB now, fair enough, so you don’t need to comment if you don’t want to.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was just wondering. Because it sounded like others were not super psyched about following her anymore and at least I find myself repeating myself about her. I'm happy either way! And I was only commenting on myself commenting about BB on the Lindsey/ Lizzy thread - not directing others to do so - I guess b/c I'm seeing them as one beige lump right now. LOL.

There has been a thing telling us to vote on a new title. I think Meowmeowbeans came up with a good one. Should we just go with that one? About being a copycat but we tattlers know...it was a while back. I suppose that's also why it just seemed like this thread was lacking interest too and comments that she is so boring and a snore.

Reactions: 3
I feel like the novelty of copycat influencers would be really healthy because we'd get bored after a bit and give up on them totally! Hahaha!

I think we all would have something to say about Brittany if she ever posted some bloody content!

Like, here's a post on BB: imagine a job with this lax deliverables and deadlines. Whatever stress you encountered in your work lives in the past two weeks she's been in Scotland, whatever work you have done with on vacation, after "working hours" etc..... just think about BB's workload. And laugh. Then curl into a ball. Then cry.

THANKS BRIT

• Haha
I think we all would have something to say about Brittany if she ever posted some bloody content!
Exactly. There’s not much to say about staged underexposed photos that are pretty much the same to anything she’s posted over the last three years since she got on that stupid underexposed image aesthetic.

BB is old news, she hasn’t evolved as an artist or an influencer. I have unfollowed her months ago during the peak of this pandemic when we were all sat at home during miserable winter and she was still going on about her meaningless little outfits and decorating her new flat with overpriced furniture, pushing some ads that made me think who are you selling this too? Do you have any clue what’s happening in the world?

She was never good at opening up to her followers but really hope the pandemic would have made bb get more candid with her audience. Moving on from Dean and into a new flat and having a little cry on YouTube did made her seem more human for a short while, but she soon ruined the moment at and we all got accused for being nosy. I just want to say bb it’s okay not to be okay and you don’t have to play it cool for going back to Dean, would have been nice to hear why you went back and how you made it work again, so that way you could be more relatable (especially now when her creative work sucks) and I’m pretty sure her personal life has huge effect on her creative work.

I really don’t understand the mini car collaboration- especially as she doesn’t drive? Is she trying to influence us into buying a mini or Paul smith clothes haha

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Is anyone else picking up on her attempts to be more down to earth/silly (lol)... it's really cringe.. It's like her agent has told her to act more approachable?? or to inject more 'personality' into her stories. The thumbs-up at the camera when she was getting Dean to film her 'casually' in her stories recently, referring to herself as 'Brit' in the mini stories..

I really don’t understand the mini car collaboration- especially as she doesn’t drive? Is she trying to influence us into buying a mini or Paul smith clothes haha
I literally came on here to say this haha! It is very out of place…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.