Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, with Dean in the picture she does more than just ponder her own internal brain farts - she actually does stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
He's never not been in the picture though has he? There's only a couple of vlogs where there's been no trace of him whatsoever, no voice in the background or reflection in a window - and that would probably be due to the fact he's working etc. I do wonder what strain it would bring to a relationship if you were off manually grafting, getting pissing wet through on a roof or just the general manual/physical side being a builder brings with it, and coming home after a hard day's work to find your girlfriend is crying her eyes out because someone's "got a cooler asthetic" than her and she's been sat scrolling through social media all day long and not left the house.

Reactions: 10
When you put it like that @salexse it really brings everything into perspective. BB is very neurotic. i'd be pissed if I came home and my partner had spent all day fretting over the perfect spot to put a new coffee table sculpture.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

This part here, with that "jokey" bitchy voice is exactly how I imagine her talking when people here have been mentioning how nasty she can be.

Reactions: 5
i love how dean just plonks himself on her crisp cream couch in his dirty work pants hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is that flat she's living in rented then? How come she's been able to decorate so much? The whole situation is so weird... I hope her and Dean are still together, but wish they'd at least address it.

I think I'd actually understand the whole living separately thing more if they led quite independent lives, but they seem to spend all their time together so it doesn't make any sense to me.

Reactions: 2
Also good luck to her thinking she's just gonna be able to get her license asap. The queues for even theory tests are insane atm!!

I think I'd actually understand the whole living separately thing more if they led quite independent lives, but they seem to spend all their time together so it doesn't make any sense to me.
this is how i feel. BB isn't an independent person. she relies on Dean for everything, even her personality. just look at how bland she's been and how different she's acting now they're back together. I know there are plenty of couples who live separately (albeit it is still quite unusual) but their dependence on each other makes it feel awkward that they're buying and living in separate homes and also buying stuff together. it feels all ovr hte place and none of it makes sense.

Reactions: 3
Is that flat she's living in rented then? How come she's been able to decorate so much? The whole situation is so weird... I hope her and Dean are still together, but wish they'd at least address it.

Here in the Netherlands, it’s quite normal to decorate rented places. I don’t know about the UK, but I do know things are fairly strict in the US.

It seems they've been together a very long time, over a decade right? So for BB that means all of her life as an adult. Her personality is likely, at this stage, inextricably meshed with his and he is very much a security blanket. I'm guessing being apart from him, even for a little bit, caused her even greater anxiety than the stagnancy of their previous existence? Even though he was very much still in her life it caused some uncertainty which she doesn't appear to tolerate well. Now that it has gone back to what it was somewhat, she feels less anxious and therefore "happier". I don't think any of this is particularly unusual, but I do think it is a missed opportunity for her to really grow and become truly independent and develop her own voice. She couldn't sit still with the hard stuff.

Dean is more colorful and less neurotic for sure. Sure, he was never fully "out of the picture" but he wasn't included in her content in the way he was when they were living together. It was much more furtive and secretive. Before, he sort of naturally appeared in frame as they ate in the garden, worked on the patio & house, strolled through and commented occasionally. And she did do more stuff out of the house. Just them remodeling this camper van is 100% more interesting than her talking about skin cream or outfits. It appears she wants him back in frame as she included saying "oh hey I was just talking to the people". That's her way of declaring things are going back to the status quo I reckon. "The people". It sounded more than slightly pejorative, like let the people eat cake. Let the people have some Dean. LOL.

Reactions: 7
Here in the Netherlands, it’s quite normal to decorate rented places. I don’t know about the UK, but I do know things are fairly strict in the US.
Please let’s not reopen this conversation again. We went through it all for pages couple of months ago when it became apparent how much she’s redecorating the flat. In the UK it’s not typical to redecorate to this extent unless you’re ready to lose your deposit or know the landlord who’d allow the changes.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It seems they've been together a very long time, over a decade right? So for BB that means all of her life as an adult. Her personality is likely, at this stage, inextricably meshed with his and he is very much a security blanket. I'm guessing being apart from him, even for a little bit, caused her even greater anxiety than the stagnancy of their previous existence? Even though he was very much still in her life it caused some uncertainty which she doesn't appear to tolerate well. Now that it has gone back to what it was somewhat, she feels less anxious and therefore "happier". I don't think any of this is particularly unusual, but I do think it is a missed opportunity for her to really grow and become truly independent and develop her own voice. She couldn't sit still with the hard stuff.

Dean is more colorful and less neurotic for sure. Sure, he was never fully "out of the picture" but he wasn't included in her content in the way he was when they were living together. It was much more furtive and secretive. Before, he sort of naturally appeared in frame as they ate in the garden, worked on the patio & house, strolled through and commented occasionally. And she did do more stuff out of the house. Just them remodeling this camper van is 100% more interesting than her talking about skin cream or outfits. It appears she wants him back in frame as she included saying "oh hey I was just talking to the people". That's her way of declaring things are going back to the status quo I reckon. "The people". It sounded more than slightly pejorative, like let the people eat cake. Let the people have some Dean. LOL.
Bang on. I think she addressed this when she mentioned the separation, they have been in a long term relationship for their adult lives and she needed some space/independence.

A while back she mentioned that it was going well having done this.

As someone who has been truly independent over the same adult time span as her, she came nothing close to really being independent and on her own. Funny that a little taste of just living separately helped. Whatever works! I can't relate to their relationship as they've been together for their entire adult lives.

Other stray thoughts:
- WHY the coffee table? She talked about the shopping and shipping but not the form, material, why she liked it
- I get that public transport is pretty great in the UK but she is just learning to drive now?
- Camper van project will be good for material, thank God they bought it
- her "humour" is feeling so unnatural. I think that her dry, smile-less, lack of humour before was somehow more accessible
- did anyone check if Nisi had this table or was getting a camper van? JK JK!

Reactions: 6
I tried to watch that vlog but couldn’t make it past the coffee table part and I don’t think I have any motivation or need to watch any more of her content. Goodness me, her life is empty and she seriously thinks so high of herself believing she’s a curator at MOMA. Who faffs around with a table for so long? Yes, it is aesthetically pleasing but it’s a piece of furniture that should not become the centre of her life unless she’s designed or hand made it. Trust me, that table is not central even in its own designer’s life. Who looks at dead flowers turns them several times around and then ponders endlessly how to position them? Need to throw them out? Just do it, woman, just do it!!! No ten page preface needed for yet another mundane task. I’m so over her pretentiously laid out candles, polaroid photos and what not. Don’t get me wrong, I make linocut prints so constantly have different bits and pieces of random stuff laying around for reference to sketch or just spark my inspiration for new work, but her pieces (gosh I’m starting to hate that word) serve no purpose other than self indulgent snobbery.

Edited to add:
Oh and don’t get me started on the camper van. Is there anything more hipster at the moment than renovating a camper van? I bet it’s a mid eighties VW as she probably thinks anything older would be a cliche but fails to see that the boxy square look of ‘80s VW is the real BB cliche she has trapped herself in. I don’t want to watch the video any further so please can someone report what kind of camper van it is, although BB is so predictable that I’m pretty sure I’m spot on!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
what i find bizarre is that upon moving out of their house, she made a very conscious effort to portray a very particular aesthetic. no colour, minimal, expensive, etc. all of what i found interesting from her videos prior was lost. now dean is back in the picture, its like she will happily give that aesthetic up at a drop of the hat and revert to the hipster, arty, 'DIY' thing. Which i personally prefer. i also can't help but wonder WTF they will do with all of her STUFF. I also felt the comment about not having money to do another home reno was interesting.... they're back there already? they had a short little 'separation' and they're back to committing to major financial projects together?

As somebody who was in a relationship majority of my twenties, i find it really hard to believe, as has been commented before, that they experienced any kind of separation at all. Sure, there was physical separation, but it seems that there was absolutely no emotional separation. I wonder why they think physical separation was all they needed. I get the feeling they tried it and she realised actually, this is hard. Too hard. I need my security and my familiarity (and good content lol). I get the sense that Dean is an incredibly patient man. It must be hard seeing your partner set up a seemingly brand new life, basically erasing all that was, replacing it all, whilst you continue to live in the house with the history. It feels a bit like, having her cake and eating it too. I want a Dean channel so I can just unsub from BB haha.

Reactions: 8
I tried to watch that vlog but couldn’t make it past the coffee table part and I don’t think I have any motivation or need to watch any more of her content. Goodness me, her life is empty and she seriously thinks so high of herself believing she’s a curator at MOMA. Who faffs around with a table for so long? Yes, it is aesthetically pleasing but it’s a piece of furniture that should not become the centre of her life unless she’s designed or hand made it. Trust me, that table is not central even in its own designer’s life. Who looks at dead flowers turns them several times around and then ponders endlessly how to position them? Need to throw them out? Just do it, woman, just do it!!! No ten page preface needed for yet another mundane task. I’m so over her pretentiously laid out candles, polaroid photos and what not. Don’t get me wrong, I make linocut prints so constantly have different bits and pieces of random stuff laying around for reference to sketch or just spark my inspiration for new work, but her pieces (gosh I’m starting to hate that word) serve no purpose other than self indulgent snobbery.

Edited to add:
Oh and don’t get me started on the camper van. Is there anything more hipster at the moment than renovating a camper van? I bet it’s a mid eighties VW as she probably thinks anything older would be a cliche but fails to see that the boxy square look of ‘80s VW is the real BB cliche she has trapped herself in. I don’t want to watch the video any further so please can someone report what kind of camper van it is, although BB is so predictable that I’m pretty sure I’m spot on!
Hahahaha! The "pieces" bit completely got me. New drinking game: how many times does BB refer to something as a "piece" ha!

Camper van: I still have my family's 1980 Westfalia and it needs major repairs but I would never gut it. I know that this is a trend and some could look very cool but her mood board she shared on instagram (untreated pressboard, mostly) just looks like a walking sliver trap. I trust Dean but am shocked he removes a sink and burner: those are the biggest gets!!! The upper bed doesn't look that sturdy however someone small like BB would likely be fine up there. Kudos to Dean for sticking with her, renovating a camper van together is likely fun but I can't imagine a long road trip where she can't even drive!

what i find bizarre is that upon moving out of their house, she made a very conscious effort to portray a very particular aesthetic. no colour, minimal, expensive, etc. all of what i found interesting from her videos prior was lost. now dean is back in the picture, its like she will happily give that aesthetic up at a drop of the hat and revert to the hipster, arty, 'DIY' thing. Which i personally prefer. i also can't help but wonder WTF they will do with all of her STUFF. I also felt the comment about not having money to do another home reno was interesting.... they're back there already? they had a short little 'separation' and they're back to committing to major financial projects together?

As somebody who was in a relationship majority of my twenties, i find it really hard to believe, as has been commented before, that they experienced any kind of separation at all. Sure, there was physical separation, but it seems that there was absolutely no emotional separation. I wonder why they think physical separation was all they needed. I get the feeling they tried it and she realised actually, this is hard. Too hard. I need my security and my familiarity (and good content lol). I get the sense that Dean is an incredibly patient man. It must be hard seeing your partner set up a seemingly brand new life, basically erasing all that was, replacing it all, whilst you continue to live in the house with the history. It feels a bit like, having her cake and eating it too. I want a Dean channel so I can just unsub from BB haha.
My hunch is that the home comment was either a) they have a home and don't need to reno another one or b) they don't have the kind of money they would want to do what they really want to do.

Exactamundo: STUFF. Minimalist aesthetic but not in reality. She bought so much stuff in such a short time.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Edited to add:
[/QUOTE]

Very close - it's 1990's! No surprise there as 90's are the new late 80's LOL.

It'll be a lot of work...for Dean

They should bung the coffee table in there and build around it. Make it a 1990's version of a Scooby Doo van. Start smoking weed. That *might* lighten things up or make her even more paranoid. Never mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Do you think Dean watches her vlogs? That bit where she's shrieking and performing to the camera about being picked up to go and look at a van and then it turns out he'd let himself in and she hadn't realised, then she leaves him sat there... I think I'd have been like "do you know what, I was filming something for the vlog but I can come back and do that later, lovely to see you let's just get going..." (As well as be massively embarrassed that my boyfriend had walked in on me filming a clearly pre-planned and rehearsed skit for my YouTube channel)

Reactions: 4
I fast forwarded through most of it.

Do you think Dean watches her vlogs? That bit where she's shrieking and performing to the camera about being picked up to go and look at a van and then it turns out he'd let himself in and she hadn't realised, then she leaves him sat there... I think I'd have been like "do you know what, I was filming something for the vlog but I can come back and do that later, lovely to see you let's just get going..." (As well as be massively embarrassed that my boyfriend had walked in on me filming a clearly pre-planned and rehearsed skit for my YouTube channel)
I can't imagine he does. And I think he tunes out. That said, I also think he also quite enjoys that she's an influencer too in a weird way. Go figure. I thought the same. I hate shrieking of any sort. It's my biggest problem in America. They shriek a lot.

Reactions: 1
I fast forwarded through most of it.

I can't imagine he does. And I think he tunes out. That said, I also think he also quite enjoys that she's an influencer too in a weird way. Go figure. I thought the same. I hate shrieking of any sort. It's my biggest problem in America. They shriek a lot.
they probably think she's a big deal but in reality influencers, of any type, are really cringey to those of us in the real world.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.