Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BB commented on Lizzy’s post announcing that she bought a house but she was the only influencer/friend of Lizzy who didn’t get a reply…wondering if that friendship has died

Reactions: 5
So she posted that she didn't have signal to share scottish content until a certain time but Dean has been posting their vacay daily, make it make sense

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So she posted that she didn't have signal to share scottish content until a certain time but Dean has been posting their vacay daily, make it make sense
if they're on different networks then I can see that happening, to be honest. but what's more likely?

Reactions: 1
In other words she couldn’t be bothered to edit the photos to go with her perfectly curated IG feed in real time. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t understand influencers who let the audience know they’re not home in real time anyway.

Someone in the Lizzy/Lindsey thread posted a screengrab where Brittany had liked a negative review of their book:

1628284852659.png

Now we know the book is a cash grab, so I'm not surprised that she'd have those thoughts, possibly discussing it privately in her own home. But to go out of her way to like negative comments about her friends' work really lends credence to those who've described their experiences of her as a mean girl. Not a good look.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
What do we think went down between Lizzy/Lindsey/etc and BB? I’m so curious! They were good “friends” last year so 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I’m sure it was an accidental like…. But funny she was browsing the one star reviews for the book lol. But yeah she was just commenting on Lizzy’s Insta so I doubt she’s out here purposefully and publicly liking mean reviews.

Reactions: 3
It's no longer liked by her. So, I'd agree it was likely accidental, or she thought better of it? That said, I get the feeling they (Lizzy and she) aren't that close anymore and it would not surprise me in the least if she did privately agree with this reviewer. As getawaywith it said, why would she be reading the negative reviews? Schadenfreude? (That does ring true doesn't it) I noticed when I looked at it that this reviewer also lives in Norwich - which hmm.

I doubt she would so openly burn a bridge with another influencer in her circle. She's a bit more sneaky than that, more of a possible duplicitous frenemy than a straight forward "I don't like you" kind of person I reckon.

Reactions: 2
Or... she intentionally liked that review because that’s the mean girl in her coming through, then she saw that she got caught here on tattle (bc I‘m sure she reads on here) and quickly de-liked the review

also... if it was an accidental like.. and you don’t notice it for a few hours or a day or how ever long it was... how do you suddenly notice you accidentally liked something to then go back to that review and de-like it? 🤔

Reactions: 13
True, maybe you're right. Hmm. Regardless, I definitely think it aligns with her own opinion of their book. What an idiot if she did it purposefully. I agree with you, she reads this.

I don’t think it was an accidental like. But she probably didn’t realise it was that noticeable and that it would be picked up by others.

I mean, the review is a fact, no one can disagree with that.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes, I think the book is likely rubbish.

That said, the review didn't make sense to me. The book is surely geared towards a 20ish audience no? That is their target market even though they are older, they are giving advice to those with less life experience than them surely (which would include teens)? I mean it's the blind leading the blind for sure but I don't see the comment as damning really. Publishers want to tap young readers as the book market tries to maintain itself?

Brittany isn't the sharpest tool, even though she tries to portray one.

I’ve always assumed it was geared towards women their own age.

I'm not surprised at all that BB liked that review. She's a mean girl who says cruel things behind your back but to your face is nice.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.