Britney Spears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen the #FreeBritney hashtag, what is going on? A lot of articles are behind paywalls. That conservatorship sounds sinister...
It's long and complicated but basically she was put under a conservatorship in 2008- it was after she locked herself in the bathroom with her son after an access dispute with her ex. You might remember pics of her being taken away in an ambulance (this was after the 2007 head shaving).

It means that her father (who is the main conservator) has control of her as a person and her as a brand. He has control over all her money. It's usually put in place for people with dementia etc who are totally incapable of making decisions for themselves.

Over the years, Britney has tried to get out of it (she spoke about it in her 'for the record' documentary, calling it worse than prison) but she hasnt been successful. It was only supposed to be temporary when she was having problems in 2008. It has meant that her dad (who by the way has a history of abuse and most recently he was reported for being violent with Britney's son) can pay himself (and other people) a wage to be her conservators. There's also a leaked voice mail where she she's telling someone that her dad is threatening to take her kids away. K Fed currently has custody.

The worst part is because of the restrictions, she cant even choose her own lawyer, so it's hard for her to get out of it.

The details are murky because Team Britney are so strict about who talks to her (eg she cant be alone with someone who isnt approved). Most notably, she spoke about the c'ship on Jonothan Ross and it was cut out. Many people who have worked with her during the c'ship have spoken about how she seems on edge and her people control everything.

There's obviously the mental health situation too which no one knows the truth about.

But at the base of it, her fans are saying if she is so incapable of controlling herself - deciding where she wants to go, driving her car etc etc, then why has she spent all these years since 2008 working (world tours, albums, products, vegas residencies). There is an abuse of power somewhere.

If you're interested in the proper explanation, BritneysGram started it all with a podcast episode a year or so ago called FreeBritney (its number 70 something) - they were approached by an ex paralegal working on the conservatorship case and wanted to reveal that one of the conservators quit because of how immoral it was. And it snowballed from there. This was longer than I intended!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I believe she really wants out of the showbusiness world and just be a normal mum.

Reactions: 5
It's long and complicated but basically she was put under a conservatorship in 2008- it was after she locked herself in the bathroom with her son after an access dispute with her ex. You might remember pics of her being taken away in an ambulance (this was after the 2007 head shaving).

It means that her father (who is the main conservator) has control of her as a person and her as a brand. He has control over all her money. It's usually put in place for people with dementia etc who are totally incapable of making decisions for themselves.

Over the years, Britney has tried to get out of it (she spoke about it in her 'for the record' documentary, calling it worse than prison) but she hasnt been successful. It was only supposed to be temporary when she was having problems in 2008. It has meant that her dad (who by the way has a history of abuse and most recently he was reported for being violent with Britney's son) can pay himself (and other people) a wage to be her conservators. There's also a leaked voice mail where she she's telling someone that her dad is threatening to take her kids away. K Fed currently has custody.

The worst part is because of the restrictions, she cant even choose her own lawyer, so it's hard for her to get out of it.

The details are murky because Team Britney are so strict about who talks to her (eg she cant be alone with someone who isnt approved). Most notably, she spoke about the c'ship on Jonothan Ross and it was cut out. Many people who have worked with her during the c'ship have spoken about how she seems on edge and her people control everything.

There's obviously the mental health situation too which no one knows the truth about.

But at the base of it, her fans are saying if she is so incapable of controlling herself - deciding where she wants to go, driving her car etc etc, then why has she spent all these years since 2008 working (world tours, albums, products, vegas residencies). There is an abuse of power somewhere.

If you're interested in the proper explanation, BritneysGram started it all with a podcast episode a year or so ago called FreeBritney (its number 70 something) - they were approached by an ex paralegal working on the conservatorship case and wanted to reveal that one of the conservators quit because of how immoral it was. And it snowballed from there. This was longer than I intended!
I appreciate it! Thanks 🙏🏻 Will check out that podcast.

Reactions: 3

Is it similar to deprivation of liberty in the UK?

Did anyone ever see the South Park episode about Britney? It was really well done and still holds up to be so on point even though it must be a decade old by now. It’s the only time I remember SP doing an episode about a celebrity but didn’t take the piss out of them. I think everyone just feels sorry for her and wants her to live a nice, happy life (apart from the tabloids for obvious reasons).

Reactions: 9
She's not with her kids anymore which is sad, and judging from her Insta she definitely seems to be taking something. I hope she can get herself sorted soon. It's like she never grew up.

Reactions: 3
She's not with her kids anymore which is sad, and judging from her Insta she definitely seems to be taking something. I hope she can get herself sorted soon. It's like she never grew up.
Definitely. Her instagram pics, she is still wearing the same style low cut jeans and belly baring tops from the 90's, early 00's. The black lined eyes with the camera placed slightly higher so she has to look up into it just like from the hit me one more time days. Its a really sad situation. There is a podcast called wrong about who did a few episodes on jessica simpson's autobiography. Really interesting the parallels with her and britney and britney is mentioned a few times.

Reactions: 13
Definitely. Her instagram pics, she is still wearing the same style low cut jeans and belly baring tops from the 90's, early 00's. The black lined eyes with the camera placed slightly higher so she has to look up into it just like from the hit me one more time days. Its a really sad situation. There is a podcast called wrong about who did a few episodes on jessica simpson's autobiography. Really interesting the parallels with her and britney and britney is mentioned a few times.
Oh where can I listen to the podcast? Is it called ‘wrong about’?

Reactions: 1
That tiktok video with the flowers is one of the weirdest videos I think iv ever seen.

Reactions: 2
Its hard to watch her sometimes it's legit heartbreaking! Why is she never with family or any girlfriends? Surely if she's a danger upon herself or others then why is she not in a hospital facilitie getting the help she needs instead if being locked up in her own house all day mostly by herself?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Yes her situation is SO sad.

The main controversy stems from the fact that the original filing for her to be under conservatorship was because her Dad claimed she had dementia! She has also, (according to those close to her) never been formally diagnosed with bipolar disorder however she is prescribed a cocktail of drugs similar to the treatment for it which has been very detrimental and some of the comments in here saying she is "out of it" and "on something" whilst true it's nothing SHE can control.

For the last 12 years a TEAM of lawyers and her father have controlled every aspect of her life. There is a story from someone who worked in her hotel during her Vegas residency that she wasn't allowed to buy certain flowers because the were " out of her budget" so he has to go to gas station to get some for her! Just one small instance how she (a grown woman) is controlled.

She has released 4 albums, been on 3 world tours and a sold out Vegas residency for 5 years yet she is deemed by a court;

Conservatorship is a legal concept in the United States. A guardian or a protector is appointed by a judge to manage the financial affairs and/or daily life of another due to physical or mental limitations, or old age
There is so, so, so much more to the story. I can post some twitter links and documents. She hasn't "lost it", I think she'll have her day once more. She was always the one celebrity I genuinely liked. Never really did anything too controversial (to upset anyone) she always just made her music, spoke highly of her peers and got on with life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I love Britney, always have. At one point she was the most famous person in the world, and I don’t think anyone will ever experience that focused worldwide attention & fame again. It’s honestly heartbreaking to see her innocent posts on Instagram and tiktok that are just baffling. I just hope one day soon she gets her life back, it’s actually criminal what’s happening to her 😞😞

Reactions: 12
So glad I came across this thread. I’ve been watching Brits insta posts with great concern recently. It’s all good and well people slaughtering her but it’s clear to see she is really unwell.

Something crossed my mind and it’s only probably because it’s happening to someone in my close family and I’m seeing similarities, plus I noticed the word mentioned here a couple of times.

A close family member of mine has a form of young on-set dementia called behavioural variant frontal lobe dementia, and when I watch her videos, the child like behaviour, over excitement and inability to stand still are all features of this type of dementia. As I say, this form of dementia is common in younger people and is known to occur in people in their 30s. It doesn’t typically affect memory, just behaviours and judging risks etc. It would explain the issue with her dad and that power of attorney type agreement.

I hope it isn’t that, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was. They obviously wouldn’t want that getting out in the public either.

Britney was my idol from a young age & I last saw her perform less than 2 years ago. I feel like she’s never stood a chance in life. Thrust into the spotlight at a young age and clearly was never surrounded by people with the best intentions for her. She is on a slippery slope and I do not trust her BF, there’s something so odd about that set up. She’s merely existing instead of living. Heartbreaking to say the least.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
We will find out the truth in about 5 years when her youngest child is 18. They use access to her kids to control her, and once they can’t weaponize that against her, I hope she can break free. Hopefully she can ask a judge to retire and not have to work anymore. I love this woman and I want her to live the humble and quiet life that she wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
There are various tweets about Britney using imagery of being in a cage in her work over the years. Here are 2 separate confirmations that she’s asked for cages.

Her cousin:

And her video director

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.