Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

newtoyou

VIP Member
Britney's instagram has always been a little...kooky. But then again Britney has always had a kooky personality that didnt always come through in interviews. Considering she cant go out and about without permission, I'm not surprised she makes these odd little skits and fashion shows in her house.

I'm not denying she's unwell, but I listen to a couple of podcasts (Britneysgram and eatpraybritney) who go through this stuff and the legal side in detail (they're not crazed stans).

It's quite obvious that she wants to get out of her conservatorship - they're usually for people in comas or with dementia. Her team say that she needs to be in it, which means they control who she sees, and what she does, including taking her meds. She's not allowed to drive without permission (or on her own) and they can take away her phone. So why has she been on multiple tours, a Vegas residency, had multiple albums and release branded products in that time? If she can't even be trusted with a phone?

Either she's capable of looking after herself and they've trapped her in the conservatorship (she cant appoint her own lawyer). Or she really is that mentally unwell, in which case, why are they making her be in the public eye? Both of those scenarios point to wrong-doings in her team.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 91

KINGAA

VIP Member
So Justin and Britney broke up in 2002, it's now 2021. Seriously, people need to calm down about this. There is no such thing as white privlege. Janet Jackson is a superstar, I'm sure she's moved on from nipplegate.
Janet’s career in the US was ruined and had never recovered because of it and she still talks about it. Radio wouldn’t play her, TV wouldn’t have her on, banned from award shows yet Justin was invited to all of them, album promoted by all radio stations and Janet was the one who took the sole blame for it, he never apologised or even stuck up for her - he used that moment to gain!

Britney had to deal with press blaming her for something that never happened, again used her for his own gain in Cry Me A River to sell his albums by basically selling her out as a dirty womaniser, which she wasn’t.

Without Britney I doubt he’d even be where he is today, he’s be washed up like all those other boyband members.

I think it’s about time he took a reality check and acknowledged that his actions which yes, come from white male privilege has had some major consequences on other peoples lives! He’s got away with this good boy act for way too long, he cheats on his wife, cheated on Britney and not many people have a nice word to say about him!

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Babygirlie21

Chatty Member
Is there a segment on Justin Timberlake in it? I've just read he's apologised for using her and their breakup in order to advance his career after being tagged in it. I don't believe he's actually sorry, he's probably just trying to limit any possible fallout now that he is being called out for it.
There's also a radio snippet where the host asks him did he fuck Britney, and he goes "yeahhh i did it" in a stupid voice and the whole room erupts into laughter. He's a vile little dickhead that doesnt deserve a career seeing as though he stepped on women to get there imo. And I agree, he's only apologising now as damage limitation.
He never had any intention to apologise to anyone before this came out, hes merely doing it to keep his precious reputation intact.

Janet’s career in the US was ruined and had never recovered because of it and she still talks about it. Radio wouldn’t play her, TV wouldn’t have her on, banned from award shows yet Justin was invited to all of them, album promoted by all radio stations and Janet was the one who took the sole blame for it, he never apologised or even stuck up for her - he used that moment to gain!

Britney had to deal with press blaming her for something that never happened, again used her for his own gain in Cry Me A River to sell his albums by basically selling her out as a dirty womaniser, which she wasn’t.

Without Britney I doubt he’d even be where he is today, he’s be washed up like all those other boyband members.

I think it’s about time he took a reality check and acknowledged that his actions which yes, come from white male privilege has had some major consequences on other peoples lives! He’s got away with this good boy act for way too long, he cheats on his wife, cheated on Britney and not many people have a nice word to say about him!
All of this is spot on 👏

Also, with him apologising is he admitting that she didn't cheat on him and he was furthering his career by making up a scandal that didn't exist to sell records?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
I doubt JT has suddenly seen the error of his ways. He’s only apologizing because of the backlash and being told to with a lovely little PR written statement.

He was just a random boy bander in a sea of boy banders before he dated Britney and then trashed her for attention.

Reactions: 31
If you read the court docs which are available on Twitter if you look it shows the court and her lawyer wanted to highlight she has never been formally diagnosed with any mental illness but her dad tried to claim she had dementia to try and aid the conservatorship - I think people fail to miss that the type she is in which was said in the doc is one that is usually for people in a coma or incapacitated. She was checked into a mental health facility unwillingly last January because she said she would stop working her residency as she was getting a set allowance and no money or royalties from her shows and it came out today her dad ‘grounded’ her for meeting a friend for a walk on the beach 3 weeks ago. Her mum has petitioned to have a solicitor who is not court appointed or anything to do with her father added to her hearing tomorrow and it was granted so that will be interesting. She stated she wanted Bessemer to manage her estate and business finances which isn’t unusual but she is trying to move to have the conservator of the person removed which does allow them to control her phone usage, driving etc. There’s a prominent LA lawyer who deals with conservatorships and she has written a letter to over 100 other lawyers to petition for a review of Britney’s conservatorship. I mean whether she has mental health issues or not she’s human, didn’t see Kanye or any other MAN being thrown into this the minute they started bizarre behaviour. Plenty people with MH issues lead normal lives, uncontrolled.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

newtoyou

VIP Member
Just seen the #FreeBritney hashtag, what is going on? A lot of articles are behind paywalls. That conservatorship sounds sinister...
It's long and complicated but basically she was put under a conservatorship in 2008- it was after she locked herself in the bathroom with her son after an access dispute with her ex. You might remember pics of her being taken away in an ambulance (this was after the 2007 head shaving).

It means that her father (who is the main conservator) has control of her as a person and her as a brand. He has control over all her money. It's usually put in place for people with dementia etc who are totally incapable of making decisions for themselves.

Over the years, Britney has tried to get out of it (she spoke about it in her 'for the record' documentary, calling it worse than prison) but she hasnt been successful. It was only supposed to be temporary when she was having problems in 2008. It has meant that her dad (who by the way has a history of abuse and most recently he was reported for being violent with Britney's son) can pay himself (and other people) a wage to be her conservators. There's also a leaked voice mail where she she's telling someone that her dad is threatening to take her kids away. K Fed currently has custody.

The worst part is because of the restrictions, she cant even choose her own lawyer, so it's hard for her to get out of it.

The details are murky because Team Britney are so strict about who talks to her (eg she cant be alone with someone who isnt approved). Most notably, she spoke about the c'ship on Jonothan Ross and it was cut out. Many people who have worked with her during the c'ship have spoken about how she seems on edge and her people control everything.

There's obviously the mental health situation too which no one knows the truth about.

But at the base of it, her fans are saying if she is so incapable of controlling herself - deciding where she wants to go, driving her car etc etc, then why has she spent all these years since 2008 working (world tours, albums, products, vegas residencies). There is an abuse of power somewhere.

If you're interested in the proper explanation, BritneysGram started it all with a podcast episode a year or so ago called FreeBritney (its number 70 something) - they were approached by an ex paralegal working on the conservatorship case and wanted to reveal that one of the conservators quit because of how immoral it was. And it snowballed from there. This was longer than I intended!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Bubblegumblades

Chatty Member
Yes, it showed how she was raked across the coals in an interview with Diane Sawyer shortly after Justin released “Cry Me a River.” The Governor of Maryland’s wife commented that she wanted to shoot Britney Spears for breaking Justin’s heart and when Sawyer told Britney this during the interview, she (understandably) was distressed and broke down in tears. It was horrible to watch.

Also, just the fact that Justin used his break up with Britney and dragging her to jumpstart his own career and then kept silent when she had her inevitable breakdown, I’d say his apology has been a long time coming.
I'm glad he's been called out at last. I've made posts before about how it's suggested he was a bit of a dick in the relationship, but afterwards he was just a full blown arse. Even Kevin Federline, who everyone thinks is the worst, admitted he played a role in a mental health issues. Justin just continued to take the piss, and I'm sure he did it long after her mental health issues were more obvious. It just annoys me that he probably feels no remorse at all. The way he added an apology to Janet Jackson and talked about white male privilege just smacks of using buzzwords to fool people into thinking he is genuine.

Reactions: 28

Bubblegumblades

Chatty Member
Is there a segment on Justin Timberlake in it? I've just read he's apologised for using her and their breakup in order to advance his career after being tagged in it. I don't believe he's actually sorry, he's probably just trying to limit any possible fallout now that he is being called out for it.

Reactions: 28

newtoyou

VIP Member
Her Instagram is just proof she needs to be under a conservatorship.... 😐
Why? Cos she's a bit weird? The woman hasn't been able to leave the house without permission for a decade and can barely make new friends, I'm not surprised she's entertained herself with fashion shows and seems totally in her own world.

I dont mean to have a go at you specifically but that kind of comment is exactly why people havent questioned the conservatorship for so long. Conservatorships are typically there for people who have dementia, are in comas or severe mental illnesses. Britney has been working for 10 years. There is no way she should be working and still not have any freedom to make decisions about herself. Imagine churning out albums, shows and products for 10 years and not being able to control your own money or even go for a walk without permission.

I'm sorry if I sound OTT or harsh. This sums up how ridiculous this conservatorship is better than I could

• Heart
Reactions: 27

TPO

Boyfriend is hired allegedly and she is none the wiser. She's living a medication version of The Truman show...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

arwensgal1975

VIP Member
Just been watching Jameela Jamil's Instagram highlight on gaslighting and honestly,
All 👏 Of 👏 It 👏 Is 👏 Truth👏
Not just pertaining to Britney but A LOT of women in the public eye.
Deffo worth a look over because she is spot on 👌

It's the first highlight in her list.
Seriously Jameela Jamil needs to fuk off. She's no where near Britney's Alist status. Not everything is about Jameela. Can this tw&t take a day off already.

• Heart

Dancing Dave

VIP Member
I think they're lucky to have a "normal" life with a non-famous parent, but they're not lucky to have him specifically. He's not in it for the parenting and you'll never convince me he is when he requests more than 30k PER MONTH to parent them.
This. When she went on your in 2018 he asked for an increase in child support. He already getting 20K per MONTH! Britney hit back with that on top of him getting that, she still paid for the private schools, sports activities, electronics etc...so he couldn't account for where the money was actually going. The judge however ordered an increase in child support. Mental! She's just a cash cow to everyone. The more I read about her life the sadder it is. I wish there was someone to step in and truly help her.

• Sad
  • Wow

ChitChat2021

New Tattler as of today and lurker on the Britney thread.

As a Britney stan there was nothing new or revelatory in the documentary but for me it did achieve 2 key things; firstly it has brought about a discussion about the media’s abhorrent treatment of women and secondly it has of course brought #FreeBritney in the mainstream, even my Mum is talking about it!

There’s such a big story to tell and Britney’s story has many, many layers.

Personally, I would have liked to unpick Jamie Spears more and his past – there was a meagre passing mention of his bankruptcy and substance abuse during Britney’s childhood. Think about the pressure Britney would have been under, she was the breadwinner when her alcohol and violent (according to reports) Dad remortgaged the house and reinvented a new career when it suited him. I would say that household was a tough one to group up in to say the least.

Also her 2004 knee injury which happened on the set of the ‘Outrageous’ music video with Snoop Dogg. I think this was not only a career but ultimately a life-changing moment for Britney. I am not a dancer but by all accounts injuring your knee is one of the worst injuries you can get – sadly her dancing has not been the same since this. This precipitated what became a downward spiral for her.

As a fan and a realist for me of course I would love this conservatorship to be over. But I will be very honest, a big part of the Britney that I grew up and loved died somewhere from 2007 onward. Her interviews after her ‘breakdown’ show a very uncomfortable, socially anxious person who finds it hard to even complete a sentence. It is like she is dead behind the eyes. This has been really sad to watch and imo has gotten worse over the last five years.

I don’t think I would even want to know the cocktail of prescription medicine she is on but it is clear she is highly medicated and by all accounts (in her Mum Lynne’s book) she did A LOT of recreational drug use back in the day. I think the meds she is on is playing a huge part into how she is functioning or barely functioning.

The sad reality is if Britney’s entire conservative ended tomorrow, I don’t think she would be able to cope and manage her own life. Look at her life choices, even going back to her Las Vegas wedding in 2004, the company she has chosen to keep whether it’s her ‘cousin’ Ali or Paris Hilton and Linsday Lohan (sorry I don’t like them, they were all users), dating Adnan the photographer, Sam Lutfi. I am just showcasing how when SHE was in control she was getting things very wrong on a basic level. I appreciate this was her rebelling but let’s be honest some of this was so self-destructive and I could give more examples here.

With all my ramblings, I don’t know what the solution is. As a first-step if Jamie Spears is removed from the conservatorship that would be a very welcome first step. I also wish she had a more supportive and loving family, I use to have hope that Jamie-Lynne and Lynne would step-up but deep down I think her Mum was a stage Mum and Jamie-Lynne has just been disappointing.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Yolo_polo

If she was diagnosed with early onset dementia when her conservatorship started in 2008 she’d more than likely be in a pretty vegetative state by now 12 years later unless they have her on some amazing meds that aren’t available to everyone which would mean she’d be a medical marvel. Someone diagnosed with early dementia 12 years ago wouldn’t be as coherent as she appears in her videos.
I’m amazed judges accept this explanation it seems so ridiculous!

Reactions: 25

lime

What I don't get is the current judge has been overseeing the case since 2015 and now suddenly people are on Twitter for praising her for "saving Britney" and ousting her father etc. The judge is complicit. Her mother is complicit. Her sister is complicit. The whole thing is such a tangled mess.

Reactions: 25

Ophelia

Janet said Justin was supposed to rip off the top part of the bustier and reveal the red lacey bra and they'd practiced in rehearsals, but during the live show he ripped off the whole thing to expose her breast. You can see Janet covering up her breast immediately afterwards. The problem was she got all of the blame and she felt Justin did not stand up for her and considering he was the one who ripped the garment, he was allowed to thrive whilst her career was in tatters. CBS chief Les Moonves is trash, he held a massive grudge against Janet because of it and he was instrumental in trying to ruin her career. Moonves felt Jackson and Timberlake did it on purpose and banned them from the Grammys, however when Justin cried and apologised and he was allowed to return. However, Janet was not because he felt she was not sorry enough and he had her blacklisted from Viacom and radio stations. He's now disgraced following allegatons of abuse and sex harrassment so I guess karma bit him on the arse! Poor Janet.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 24

Dancing Dave

VIP Member
Yes her situation is SO sad.

The main controversy stems from the fact that the original filing for her to be under conservatorship was because her Dad claimed she had dementia! She has also, (according to those close to her) never been formally diagnosed with bipolar disorder however she is prescribed a cocktail of drugs similar to the treatment for it which has been very detrimental and some of the comments in here saying she is "out of it" and "on something" whilst true it's nothing SHE can control.

For the last 12 years a TEAM of lawyers and her father have controlled every aspect of her life. There is a story from someone who worked in her hotel during her Vegas residency that she wasn't allowed to buy certain flowers because the were " out of her budget" so he has to go to gas station to get some for her! Just one small instance how she (a grown woman) is controlled.

She has released 4 albums, been on 3 world tours and a sold out Vegas residency for 5 years yet she is deemed by a court;

Conservatorship is a legal concept in the United States. A guardian or a protector is appointed by a judge to manage the financial affairs and/or daily life of another due to physical or mental limitations, or old age
There is so, so, so much more to the story. I can post some twitter links and documents. She hasn't "lost it", I think she'll have her day once more. She was always the one celebrity I genuinely liked. Never really did anything too controversial (to upset anyone) she always just made her music, spoke highly of her peers and got on with life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22