Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nicola Coughlan looks stunning this season - her makeup is so beautiful, although I agree very modern. But she shines.
Her boobs are great but I do find her heaving busom distracting sometimesšŸ¤£ in scenes where youā€™re not meant to be fixated on her chest, itā€™s all I see šŸ˜†
She has a cracking pair. What did she call it ā€œthe perfect breasts clubā€ or something? Delighted for her šŸ˜‚(and my eyes)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I loved it all but was mostly just relieved to see Lisa Donckers alive and happily swanning around in an alternative universe after that traumatic series 3 finale!

Reactions: 1
The scene when they were shagging on the sofa looked so uncomfortable to me, idk if itā€™s because of the sofas size I was concerned that they were going to fall off.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Iā€™ve only just heard Eloiseā€™s real life accent. She sounds like Adele!
I love her accent!! You sometimes hear it slipped in by accident :ROFLMAO: like in the first season episode she shouts up the stairs - DAAAAFFFFFNAAY

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So I've just finished part 2. And I have to admit I really enjoyed the whole thing because basically I'm just a super fan. Could it have been better? Obvs. But I still loved it.
Nicola, I just love her. what a woman. I squealed when the corset dropped. Then there was the right angle sex, some strange decisions there but we move. There could have been more screen time between Polin and more dancing and more music in my opinion and I thought the dialogue was pretty clunky in a lot of places but then again I've not read the books so im not sure how closely the dialogue is taken from the books /how much it is changed. Anyways overall, I have had my Bridgerton fix and I'm satisfied haha

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Have to agree with the overhyping of the sex scenes, they werenā€™t as bad or dramatic as people made out online. Confused with the whole Benedict plotline though, does he marry her in the book or do they still break it off?

• Haha
I havenā€™t seen Elouise in anything but Bridgerton so this has blown my mind šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Have to agree with the overhyping of the sex scenes, they werenā€™t as bad or dramatic as people made out online. Confused with the whole Benedict plotline though, does he marry her in the book or do they still break it off?
Sheā€™s not his love interest from the books. Itā€™s a girl called Sophie he marries.

Reactions: 2
All I ever think of during these sex scenes is famously how people in that era didnā€™t wash often šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢
---
Nicola is divine though

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Iā€™ve just watched the chaise long scene. That was one of the worst sex scenes Iā€™ve seen in a long timešŸ™„

Given the input they must have had, with writers, intimacy coordinators etc it was almost comically bad.

There was no chemistry, the humour didnā€™t hit, there was no eroticism, the undressing was as awkward as duck - the ā€˜masterfulā€™ way he unbuckled his belt šŸ¤®, the idea she got off after a minute of thrusting šŸ™„, heā€™s meant to be experienced and gentle and easing her into it but they barely kissed, they just do intense open mouthed stares which make them look like mouth breathers, not a young couple intoxicated with each others body.
He did all this shagging of prostitutes but thatā€™s the best he could do?
And yes, the chaise long did seem like an uncomfortable choice.

Wow. I really enjoyed the first half of this series but that was so cringey to watch. I can see they tried to convey the awkardness of the first time but they didnā€™t even manage that with any sucess. Colin looks like a rubbish shag.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I was really disappointed with penelopes wedding dress, i feel like it was so bland
Especially in comparison with all her other looks this season, I was underwhelmed with her wedding dress. I actually thought
Francesca's
wedding dress was better, both because it was intricate and suited the time period and character very well.

Agreed with everyone on lack of chemistry during the sex scene. The carriage scene was way better and electric. Luke and Nicola's chemistry was off almost all of part 2; overacting from Nicola and awkward acting from Luke, which I hate to admit because I like them both. Colin is probably the least interesting and charismatic of the Bridgeton brothers but I don't know if that's how Colin i written or if that's how Luke plays him.

Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve just watched the chaise long scene. That was one of the worst sex scenes Iā€™ve seen in a long timešŸ™„

Given the input they must have had, with writers, intimacy coordinators etc it was almost comically bad.

There was no chemistry, the humour didnā€™t hit, there was no eroticism, the undressing was as awkward as duck - the ā€˜masterfulā€™ way he unbuckled his belt šŸ¤®, the idea she got off after a minute of thrusting šŸ™„, heā€™s meant to be experienced and gentle and easing her into it but they barely kissed, they just do intense open mouthed stares which make them look like mouth breathers, not a young couple intoxicated with each others body.

Wow. I really enjoyed the first half of this series but that was so cringey to watch. I can see they tried to convey the awkardness of the first time but they didnā€™t even manage that with any sucess. Colin looks like a rubbish shag.
the bedroom was literally just through the door. Itā€™s not like they were so overcome with passion they just landed on the closest piece of furniture! He had plenty of time to direct her to the bedroom as surely if he knew it was her first time he would have taken her to the bed so it was at least comfortable! Chaise longes arenā€™t very padded! Very strange directorial choice.

Oh my god yes, the open mouthed stares! I was starting to wonder if I was being too critical but in nearly every scene I wanted to yell at them to close their mouths! Staring passionately or intensely does not require an open mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: 7