Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suppose they would have agreed with the intimacy coach what they were willing to do. Perhaps one or both didn’t feel comfortable with foreplay etc.

I didn’t mind him being tentative, he loves her and knew it was her first. Not sure how they broke the sofa though. Unless that was from a different take.
I wondered this too re the intimacy coach. You could see the scene had been well rehearsed. At one point Luke pulled the sheet up as if to shield Nicola.

Reactions: 5
Am I the only viewer who felt a bit sorry for Cressida Cowper? Yes she is mean to friends and throws people under a bus without a second thought. But I feel she’s pushed out of desperation to get out of the situation she’s in. She doesn’t want to be married off to an old man who doesn’t care for her, she doesn’t want to be shipped off to an uncaring aunt miles away from everyone she knows. Why would she? I know you could argue her problems are self inflicted but I also feel she’s a product of a society that sees women as second class citizens and only there to make husbands happy. I haven’t read the books so I don’t know how her life develops but I was hoping for a bit of a better end to the series for her, despite her faults.

Reactions: 20
Am I the only viewer who felt a bit sorry for Cressida Cowper? Yes she is mean to friends and throws people under a bus without a second thought. But I feel she’s pushed out of desperation to get out of the situation she’s in. She doesn’t want to be married off to an old man who doesn’t care for her, she doesn’t want to be shipped off to an uncaring aunt miles away from everyone she knows. Why would she? I know you could argue her problems are self inflicted but I also feel she’s a product of a society that sees women as second class citizens and only there to make husbands happy. I haven’t read the books so I don’t know how her life develops but I was hoping for a bit of a better end to the series for her, despite her faults.
I did feel a bit sorry for her tbh. Imagine almost being married off to some old bloke!

Reactions: 6
Yes I felt sorry for her. In the books she is married by book 3 to a Lord Twombley but in later books she is widowed and struggling financially.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Sorry but the Polin sex scene was was one of the most unerotic things I've ever seen 🤭😂 all the stopping and starting to say "may I touch you?", "tell me to stop if you want", "this may hurt" - just get on with it Colin!!! Then "don't touch me there... yet" (why not??) before proceeding to slide it in anyway 🤷‍♀️
I think they were going for the normal people style gentle consent chat, but the dialogue was just too stiff (snigger) plus Colin ain’t Connell

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not me, I thought she throughly deserved the situation she was in, she was an awful bully to Penelope. If she had been kinder she would've attracted the attention of a gentleman easily without her family trying to intervene to marry her off. They picked him as he was the only one who would put up with her as she'd driven anyone nice away, it was her own bad behaviour that got her in that situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The weird thing is, he looked cute the first two seasons! Then they gave him this Strictly style ‘glow up’ like why! He would’ve been a good match for Pen if they’d left him and his wee pale face and chubby cheeks alone. Less spray tan and more carbs for the next makeover please.
I am constantly wondering if he’s done something to his face for the glow up? I know he has lost quite a lot of fat, which you can see in his face, but I feel like it’s not just that?

Reactions: 1
I am constantly wondering if he’s done something to his face for the glow up? I know he has lost quite a lot of fat, which you can see in his face, but I feel like it’s not just that?
I think it's largely makeup/contouring and the weight loss. He looks more normal in the promo photos.

Reactions: 3
Sorry but the Polin sex scene was was one of the most unerotic things I've ever seen 🤭😂 all the stopping and starting to say "may I touch you?", "tell me to stop if you want", "this may hurt" - just get on with it Colin!!! Then "don't touch me there... yet" (why not??) before proceeding to slide it in anyway 🤷‍♀️
she also genuinely looked in pain which yes realistic but also i don’t really want to have a close-up on that 🤣 and the way he was like “this might hurt, i’ll stop, can i” etc before just going all the way in with no pacing had me dying. and also realising that i could never be an actor because how do you happily go to the catering tent with someone after filming 🤣

i liked the second half much more than the first but i never fully bought into colin. like said above, whatever contouring they did on his face didn’t work and his line delivery was always a bit weird. love nicola c though.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Finally. This is who he resembles.

1000116048.jpg

---
I thought it was stunning, beautiful...but way too modern
They've been getting way too modern with the makeup too. But it's Bridgerton, I know I can't ask it to be historicallly accurate 😁😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
she also genuinely looked in pain which yes realistic but also i don’t really want to have a close-up on that 🤣 and the way he was like “this might hurt, i’ll stop, can i” etc before just going all the way in with no pacing had me dying. and also realising that i could never be an actor because how do you happily go to the catering tent with someone after filming 🤣

i liked the second half much more than the first but i never fully bought into colin. like said above, whatever contouring they did on his face didn’t work and his line delivery was always a bit weird. love nicola c though.
There are quite a few reviews that rave about Nicola and just don’t mention Luke at all other than to acknowledge he’s the actor who plays Colin. Ouch. I’ve got a colleague who is the same level as me and I’d die if someone wrote a rave review about them and barely mentioned me.

Reactions: 4
There are quite a few reviews that rave about Nicola and just don’t mention Luke at all other than to acknowledge he’s the actor who plays Colin. Ouch. I’ve got a colleague who is the same level as me and I’d die if someone wrote a rave review about them and barely mentioned me.
oh wow! that is an ouch - in fairness to him i don’t think he had a huge amount to work with. colin as a character was just bland and i don’t think he had the opportunity to really lead scenes and such because we saw almost all of it from penelope’s pov.

Reactions: 8
I noticed that this season. Really shiny / dewy.
And the super smokey eyeshadows, some with beautiful shimmers.

I know it's part of the show finding more of it's style, which is like Regency but modern and brighter and sparklier. But it's jarring to watch S1 when they were still trying to look like fully British-made period pieces.

Reactions: 5
I noticed that this season. Really shiny / dewy.
penelope also had FULL ACRYLICS at one point 🤣

the contrast with daphne in series 1 is wild (i know it’s not in any way meant to be historically accurate but it does take me out. likewise colin happily travelling around mainland europe when there was a huge war going on)

Reactions: 8
Nicola Coughlan looks stunning this season - her makeup is so beautiful, although I agree very modern. But she shines.
Her boobs are great but I do find her heaving busom distracting sometimes🤣 in scenes where you’re not meant to be fixated on her chest, it’s all I see 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 21