Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are your thoughts?

I binge watched in around 24 hours šŸ˜‚šŸ˜
Definitely enjoyed it although I donā€™t have much of a standard when it comes to series like this šŸ¤«

Thereā€™s also been quite a lot of talk about that scene. Donā€™t want so say too much but would like to know some opinions.

Reactions: 9
I managed to have an afternoon in front of the tv to myself. Iā€™m loving it pure escapism. Donā€™t think Iā€™ve got to that scene yet. The lead actor just WOW. I could see him as the next James Bond šŸ˜

Reactions: 15
Long time lurker- been waiting for this thread to appear! Binged it all in 24 hours. Personally not sure what all the fuss is about with ā€˜that sceneā€™.

Reactions: 6
I've watched up to episode 7, it's watchable but I think they've hyped up "that scene".

Reactions: 8
Iā€™ve seen the first three episodes, enjoying it. Escapism! Not sure what ā€œthat sceneā€ is. Will it be obvious?!?

Iā€™m loving it! Also not sure what ā€œthatā€ scene is but not sure what episode Iā€™m on.

Iā€™ve seen the first three episodes, enjoying it. Escapism! Not sure what ā€œthat sceneā€ is. Will it be obvious?!?
I only knew it was controversial after reading a news article, if you keep watching and don't see it, then that proves it's snowflakes and media hype.

Reactions: 6
Itā€™s in episode 6 towards the end.
At first I didnā€™t think too much of it but the more I do the more I agree that it is problematic. However not to the extend that some media outlets make it seem.

On another note who was everyoneā€™s favorite character?

Reactions: 1
At first I didnā€™t think too much of it but the more I do the more I agree that it is problematic. However not to the extend that some media outlets make it seem.

Do you really need to ask that? šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Just seen ā€œthe sceneā€, and Iā€™ve read some articles about it. I personally wouldnā€™t have thought much of it, I may not have even noticed, but then I have no traumatic experience that would be triggered by it. I can see that some people would find it difficult. Lots of the behaviour of people in this time (and I know this series is in no way accurate, but thatā€™s not to say lots of the dodgy behaviour didnā€™t go on!) was problematic for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Probably an unpopular opinion but I definitely think that Eloise character is more 2020 than Georgian, which spoils it for me a tad. As is the 3 sisters mother... I totally get that theres some artistic licence - the music and what have you but itā€™s hard to watch. Donā€™t get me started on Eloise smoking cigarettes!

Reactions: 12
Probably an unpopular opinion but I definitely think that Eloise character is more 2020 than Georgian, which spoils it for me a tad. As is the 3 sisters mother... I totally get that theres some artistic licence - the music and what have you but itā€™s hard to watch. Donā€™t get me started on Eloise smoking cigarettes!
Handy you could get Marlboro white down at the Ye Olde Shoppe though

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Handy you could get Marlboro white down at the Ye Olde Shoppe though
Exactly, where would she even procured such a smoke, let alone they had barely been in the country nor invented for many smoke and then.... the way she held it. šŸ˜© Sheā€™s more like a character from Lena Dunhamā€™s Girls.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Iā€™m halfway through and really enjoying it!
Already read about ā€˜the sceneā€™, donā€™t really see the value in the hype - itā€™s yet another case of people applying modern day social norms to different eras of history and getting pointlessly outraged about it. It wouldnā€™t have been considered a big deal back then. Not to mention the whole thing is literally about outdated traditions...marrying young girls off like theyā€™re property, being kissed ruins their ā€˜honourā€™ and reputation, but ā€˜thatā€™ scene is the problematic bit here šŸ¤Ø

Reactions: 11
Loving it! Watched one last night out of curiosity, ended up staying up until 2am haha
I love the colours, diversity, modern music.

Also 'that scene' is a nothing, and Def over hyped. I was actually in the middle of ep 6 when I read the comments on here and I wouldn't have even noticed anything, I was looking out for something.

Reactions: 9