Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally get that but explain it where it should be explained. It makes no sense for Daphne to miss everything with Colin without an excuse and instead of giving one they acted like she didn’t even exist in the first place. It was weird.
I agree. They could have been like 'oh Daphne is about to give birth and cannot possibly make the trip". The end. No need for a massive explanation but just something.

But a screenwriter acquaintance once told me they prefer not to do that cause it only draws more attention to the absence and viewers who may not have noticed or thought of that character now have been reminded.

I would still prefer that.
---
I actually think it makes more sense for Francesca's book plot to be gay/bi considering her book love interest is a second partner after her first husband passes. It feels like it could easily be translated to Francesca as a widow doesn't have to remarry and can have her happy ending with her cousin in law who "lives with her".
Sure except if they're both women Francesca and Michaela would be out on their butts when John dies and could not stay in the Kilmartin estate because women can't inherit and some male relative would be brought in.

That's the whole plot point of both the Mondriches and the Featheringtons this season. The Mondrich family rises in station because a title and fortune goes to the next male kin. The Featheringtons are trying to have male heirs to keep their title and estate. It's their own universe's rules. They even went harder on them this season. And now they're going to... What? Conveniently forget them so Michaela can inherit?

Part of the conflict in the book also stems from the fact that Michael feels like he's replacing his cousin in every way, taking what was his (his estate, his title and his wife). So now what?

I don't want to come across as anti queer stories. I am all on board with the Benedict possibility. If they wanted a lesbian pairing then Eloise would have made more sense than Francesca, per their own universe's rules.

I'm also sad that people will lose the infertility plot point with Francesca/Michael. A friend who went through that found a lot of comfort in their story and the happy resolution later on. I don't think we should get representation for one group by taking it away from others but alas.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I thought they were making a lesbian/bisexual storyline in ep 4 when Cressida and Eloise are talking about why Eloise is different at the ballet

I agree. They could have been like 'oh Daphne is about to give birth and cannot possibly make the trip". The end. No need for a massive explanation but just something.

But a screenwriter acquaintance once told me they prefer not to do that cause it only draws more attention to the absence and viewers who may not have noticed or thought of that character now have been reminded.

I would still prefer that.
---

Sure except if they're both women Francesca and Michaela would be out on their butts when John dies and could not stay in the Kilmartin estate because women can't inherit and some male relative would be brought in.

That's the whole plot point of both the Mondriches and the Featheringtons this season. The Mondrich family rises in station because a title and fortune goes to the next male kin. The Featheringtons are trying to have male heirs to keep their title and estate. It's their own universe's rules. They even went harder on them this season. And now they're going to... What? Conveniently forget them so Michaela can inherit?

Part of the conflict in the book also stems from the fact that Michael feels like he's replacing his cousin in every way, taking what was his (his estate, his title and his wife). So now what?

I don't want to come across as anti queer stories. I am all on board with the Benedict possibility. If they wanted a lesbian pairing then Eloise would have made more sense than Francesca, per their own universe's rules.

I'm also sad that people will lose the infertility plot point with Francesca/Michael. A friend who went through that found a lot of comfort in their story and the happy resolution later on. I don't think we should get representation for one group by taking it away from others but alas.
Not if they're Scottish! A lot of estates and peerages had them entailed or it was granted that women could inherit over the title completely going away. I was researching for a book I was writing once and it happened with a Scottish title where it passed to a woman and I think the title eventually ended up in Italy because it went through the female line. They could easily do something similar and have Francesca be the audience surrogate who asks next season and John can explain it to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not if they're Scottish! A lot of estates and peerages had them entailed or it was granted that women could inherit over the title completely going away. I was researching for a book I was writing once and it happened with a Scottish title where it passed to a woman and I think the title eventually ended up in Italy because it went through the female line. They could easily do something similar and have Francesca be the audience surrogate who asks next season and John can explain it to her.
Hope that's the case then.

Reactions: 1
its a two year wait BUT thats only if the show is renewed like it was for S3+S4 when S2 was filmed and aired, Bridgerton isn't currently renewed beyond S4, (Though i suspect a S5 renewel announcment is coming in the next few months, it smashed records the last month, all 3 seasons and Queen Charlotte reached numbers just below Stranger Things, so S5 is 100% happening) the problem is it will be more than 2 years if Netflix takes longer to decide to renew it and also i dont think we will get all 8 seasons, Streaming shows barely go past 5 seasons now case in Point-Stranger Things, You, The Boys, The Crown only got six, I've never heard of a streaming show getting to S8, so Im doubtful we will get all 8 seasons, 6 at a push, but for sure 5, but the waiting will be longer if they delay reneweing it past 4,

Reactions: 4
its a two year wait BUT thats only if the show is renewed like it was for S3+S4 when S2 was filmed and aired, Bridgerton isn't currently renewed beyond S4, (Though i suspect a S5 renewel announcment is coming in the next few months, it smashed records the last month, all 3 seasons and Queen Charlotte reached numbers just below Stranger Things, so S5 is 100% happening) the problem is it will be more than 2 years if Netflix takes longer to decide to renew it and also i dont think we will get all 8 seasons, Streaming shows barely go past 5 seasons now case in Point-Stranger Things, You, The Boys, The Crown only got six, I've never heard of a streaming show getting to S8, so Im doubtful we will get all 8 seasons, 6 at a push, but for sure 5, but the waiting will be longer if they delay reneweing it past 4,
If anyone can get Netflix to agree to 8 seasons it's Shonda, she of the neverending Grey's 😂. But I agree. It is unlikely. We can hope though.

I really want another queen Charlotte type spin off again. Might tide me over.

does anyone know if the actress who plays Eloise and Kerry Godliman are related? It’s uncanny.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I really want another queen Charlotte type spin off again. Might tide me over.

does anyone know if the actress who plays Eloise and Kerry Godliman are related? It’s uncanny.
I don't think she is related to her, can't find anything on it at least but there's a strong resemblance, yes.

Reactions: 1
I don't think she is related to her, can't find anything on it at least but there's a strong resemblance, yes.
the way she talks in interviews, mannerisms and everything is very godliman. I know who I hope to ever play her in a movie of her life now. Or her daughter in something whichever comes first.

Reactions: 2
Just finished part 2 and I have questions. Where did Lord Debling go? Half of part one was about him then he was never mentioned again. Why were we fed a load of tit about Nicola and Luke really going for it and breaking furniture etc then given one soppy shag on the sofa? And what was that weird thing Colin kept doing with his mouth? Did they give him clip on teeth or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just finished part 2 and I have questions. Where did Lord Debling go? Half of part one was about him then he was never mentioned again. Why were we fed a load of tit about Nicola and Luke really going for it and breaking furniture etc then given one soppy shag on the sofa? And what was that weird thing Colin kept doing with his mouth? Did they give him clip on teeth or something?
I nearly just choked on my drink at your comment about Colin. I watched it yesterday and felt awkward, he's just not sexy to me, his face expressions :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
they really could have stopped all the ridiculousness that has gone on these past few months by simply saying ‘we’re just friends. Luke’s got a lovely girlfriend. The end’. But obviously, they loved all the hype for the show.
I hope the poor girl has managed to stay away from social media during this promotion period!
although I would love to know how he explained away the head stroking incident 😂. That’s the only time when I’ve really thought, could there be something going on here?!
Nicola is on video saying “we’re just friends”. They denied dating all the way through but some areas of the fandom I’ve seen in TikTok are having difficulty separating actors from characters.

Of course he’s got a girlfriend. Her too if you believe my gay mate who’s gaydar was pinging. (No basis in fact just their gut feel!)

Thought the second half was good although could’ve done without all the three sex with Benedict tbh. Polin could’ve done with more screen time to really see them get to know each other.

Nicola (despite her perhaps not wanting to be a role model for the average woman) has done wonders by her getting naked in that scene. (Similar to Emma Thompson in the Leo Grande film). Power to her. Love it.

Also, (SPOILERS AHEAD)
Why did she wait a good 9-12mths to write the first issue of LW as PB? She went and had a baby in the meantime and she didn’t write a column despite the Queen’s approval?!

Also Benedict’s sex scenes, the timing seemed off. Pen was about to have breakfast with her mother and then he’s having it off at the same time?!

I enjoyed the whole season though.

Also I wish my boobs were still that perky. 🤣

To me, he looks like a melted Ken doll sometimes 🙊
The weird thing is, he looked cute the first two seasons! Then they gave him this Strictly style ‘glow up’ like why! He would’ve been a good match for Pen if they’d left him and his wee pale face and chubby cheeks alone. Less spray tan and more carbs for the next makeover please.

Sorry but the Polin sex scene was was one of the most unerotic things I've ever seen 🤭😂 all the stopping and starting to say "may I touch you?", "tell me to stop if you want", "this may hurt" - just get on with it Colin!!! Then "don't touch me there... yet" (why not??) before proceeding to slide it in anyway 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Well what I get that old men are all sleeping around before marriage. But why didn't he give pen the works, all the foreplay. Nope just I quick that wet put it in.

Reactions: 5
I’m finished with part 2 and while it was better than part 1, it could have been better. I wasn’t very interested by the Benedict and Tilley stuff, and while I appreciate that he needed to explore his sexuality, I don’t think we needed so many minutes devoted to it.
I think there was glimmers of sexiness from Colin especially when real emotion showed through like the angry kiss and when he seems vulnerable, but the main sex scene was a bit disappointing. I didn’t mind his attentiveness, but I would have liked a little more confidence from him. With the mirror scene as he was taking off her corset I felt like the natural thing was for him to grab her from behind. The weird tentative strokes kind of gave me the ick. Also agree about Colin’s mouth, not sure what was going on there. When he laughs and smiles he looks adorable but the zoo lander pout was off putting.

So nice to see a normal female body! Nicola looked great!

I suppose they would have agreed with the intimacy coach what they were willing to do. Perhaps one or both didn’t feel comfortable with foreplay etc.

I didn’t mind him being tentative, he loves her and knew it was her first. Not sure how they broke the sofa though. Unless that was from a different take.

That sofa scene has me convinced now though that a chaiselongue isn’t where I’m having it, looks like it gives you a cranky neck the next day.

• Haha
Reactions: 12