Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god yes, the open mouthed stares! I was starting to wonder if I was being too critical but in nearly every scene I wanted to yell at them to close their mouths! Staring passionately or intensely does not require an open mouth.
I only half watched it at the weekend, I don't get the hype but did find it actually very refreshing to see a sex scene with a woman who isn't a size zero. The thing that got me was there was something very awkward he did with his left hand in the 'touching' part. From memory he ran his left hand down her right thigh but with his fingers on the inside of her thigh. Hard to describe but it looked super odd and unnatural. I feel like on a bed the angles could have been worked better to avoid the need for odd clutching of sheets for modesty

Reactions: 5
I only half watched it at the weekend, I don't get the hype but did find it actually very refreshing to see a sex scene with a woman who isn't a size zero. The thing that got me was there was something very awkward he did with his left hand in the 'touching' part. From memory he ran his left hand down her right thigh but with his fingers on the inside of her thigh. Hard to describe but it looked super odd and unnatural. I feel like on a bed the angles could have been worked better to avoid the need for odd clutching of sheets for modesty
Yes I know which bit you mean and it did look a little odd.
Also wanted to add that their constant open-mouth-ness reminded me of when cats smell something. They sniff at it then pull away with their mouth open. Bizarre acting.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just finished season 3 part two last night! Have to admit I always really enjoyed Bridgerton and really loved this season! But the love scene gave me second hand embarrassment the way she stands there with the hands on the boobs was just really awkward! Also why is there mouths always opened?! The bit at the end where she was on top too was bleeping weird!!.....I see no chemistry so that for me was definitely all hyped up for nothing!!...at the end with all of the premiere footage etc and promoting of the show and the big deal that was made of them I was expecting more! Still enjoyed it but I think Nicola Coughlan is overrated as an actress.

But I have to say I think Colin is a sexy devil and I would 😍 lol

Reactions: 6
ahahah I'm dying at all the comments about the mouth breathing. SO ACCURATE. Why have they always got their mouths open?!?

Reactions: 4
Just finished season 3 part two last night! Have to admit I always really enjoyed Bridgerton and really loved this season! But the love scene gave me second hand embarrassment the way she stands there with the hands on the boobs was just really awkward! Also why is there mouths always opened?! The bit at the end where she was on top too was bleeping weird!!.....I see no chemistry so that for me was definitely all hyped up for nothing!!...at the end with all of the premiere footage etc and promoting of the show and the big deal that was made of them I was expecting more! Still enjoyed it but I think Nicola Coughlan is overrated as an actress.

But I have to say I think Colin is a sexy devil and I would 😍 lol
I’m still convinced, Luke just can’t portray someone who lusts after a non conventionally attractive woman.

Reactions: 7
I’m still convinced, Luke just can’t portray someone who lusts after a non conventionally attractive woman.
Funny that he is really not convincing when Jonathan Bailey, who doesn't even like women, totally sells the "bleep for his wife" vibes, as I saw it out online. The difference in their acting is massive.

Which is another big thing I didn't enjoy so much this season. Nicola acted circles around Luke. She deserved a better scene partner.b

Reactions: 18
Funny that he is really not convincing when Jonathan Bailey, who doesn't even like women, totally sells the "bleep for his wife" vibes, as I saw it out online. The difference in their acting is massive.

Which is another big thing I didn't enjoy so much this season. Nicola acted circles around Luke. She deserved a better scene partner.b
He auditioned for Anthony too! Can’t imagine how he thought he was suitable for that part!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I have just finished the new season. I have to say that with the exception of the chaise longe scene, I bloody loved it.

I haven’t read any of the books so had no expectations of their characters which I think makes it easier to enjoy as there is no dissonance.

I enjoyed the story line and some of the characters that seemed occasionally jarring in other seasons, - Anthony, Kate, Eloise were much more palatable. Kate and Francesca are just beautiful. Can’t imagine what it must be to look that fantastic. The Queen was an easier character to empathise with too.

I love the sets and costumes. I see what everyone means about getting too modern in the make up - the dewy look seemed a bit oily skinned to me on Pen at times. After seeing her topless, it made me realise how amazing her bras were. I could do with one of those!

Colin is definitely a bit wooden - it’s not just his character, think the acting is the problem.

I also wish Pen had had a less simple wedding look - just a bit more would have been nice.

If you like the sets and costumes, I’d recommend the film Kristen Dunst was in “Marie Antoinette”. I know the film was panned but I saw it at the cinema and the costumes and sets were great.

By the way, thanks @QueenBW for the comments you made about just enjoying a tv series even if no one else does. I am a woman and I think you are so right. Society and ourselves apply such constant pressure on us to be ‘good/right/acceptable/well behaved’ and life is so bloody hard for so many of us, that we should just own what makes us happy. The one good thing about being in my 50s is the decreasing amount of fucks I give. That’s probably as much to do with falling oestrogen levels as it is about reaching the end of my tether with All. This. tit. (gestures vaguely around self)

Can anyone give me a new series recommendation please? Nothing that is very complicated and tricky to follow though. I have no memory for stuff like that. 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I think that’s part of the problem. Jonathan Bailey is such a good actor that most of the other males pale into insignificance, which becomes an issue when they are supposed to be the leading male character in a major storyline. I rewatched season one at the weekend and Rege isn’t actually great, his looks distract you, but Jonathan still shines. Luke Thompson seems rather good as well; hopefully we will see more of him 👀😋
---
I have just finished the new season. I have to say that with the exception of the chaise longe scene, I bloody loved it.

I haven’t read any of the books so had no expectations of their characters which I think makes it easier to enjoy as there is no dissonance.

I enjoyed the story line and some of the characters that seemed occasionally jarring in other seasons, - Anthony, Kate, Eloise were much more palatable. Kate and Francesca are just beautiful. Can’t imagine what it must be to look that fantastic. The Queen was an easier character to empathise with too.

I love the sets and costumes. I see what everyone means about getting too modern in the make up - the dewy look seemed a bit oily skinned to me on Pen at times. After seeing her topless, it made me realise how amazing her bras were. I could do with one of those!

Colin is definitely a bit wooden - it’s not just his character, think the acting is the problem.

I also wish Pen had had a less simple wedding look - just a bit more would have been nice.

If you like the sets and costumes, I’d recommend the film Kristen Dunst was in “Marie Antoinette”. I know the film was panned but I saw it at the cinema and the costumes and sets were great.

By the way, thanks @QueenBW for the comments you made about just enjoying a tv series even if no one else does. I am a woman and I think you are so right. Society and ourselves apply such constant pressure on us to be ‘good/right/acceptable/well behaved’ and life is so bloody hard for so many of us, that we should just own what makes us happy. The one good thing about being in my 50s is the decreasing amount of fucks I give. That’s probably as much to do with falling oestrogen levels as it is about reaching the end of my tether with All. This. tit. (gestures vaguely around self)

Can anyone give me a new series recommendation please? Nothing that is very complicated and tricky to follow though. I have no memory for stuff like that. 🤪
Have you watched Queen Charlotte? It’s superb

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Jonathan B and Luke T are definitely the strongest male actors!

Luke N seems to do okay when he's in the background with insubstantial storylines, but as soon as he's front and center it's clear he's not the strongest.
I thought Rege's acting is s1 was terrible...he's so unbelievably wooden and everything gets delivered in the same tone!

Reactions: 8
Yes @FloellaB I loved it.

I do find the jump between her character as a young woman and as the older Queen and what she is like in the Bridgerton series very jarring though.

She wasn't portrayed as being without compassion, inflexible or as egotistical as a young woman. There is such a difference.

Did anyone else think that?

It just blows my mind everytime that Benedict and Philippa Featherington are a couple irl. Like I’ve known for ages but it still gets me

• Wow
It just blows my mind everytime that Benedict and Philippa Featherington are a couple irl. Like I’ve known for ages but it still gets me
She has such different vibes IRL!! Also, some women have all the luck 😜
---
Yes @FloellaB I loved it.

I do find the jump between her character as a young woman and as the older Queen and what she is like in the Bridgerton series very jarring though.

She wasn't portrayed as being without compassion, inflexible or as egotistical as a young woman. There is such a difference.

Did anyone else think that?
It is a little jarring because we don't see the many years in the middle but I do think the seeds are there. Young Charlotte is used to getting her way and throws tantrums if she doesn't, much like the older Queen.

I also imagine that seeing your beloved husband descend almost fully into madness would warp one's mind.
---
@Bloody orange Hell anytime!! I don't know what streaming services you have but if you enjoyed Bridgerton a similar vibes show is The Buccaneers on Apple TV.

Reactions: 2
Jonathan B and Luke T are definitely the strongest male actors!

Luke N seems to do okay when he's in the background with insubstantial storylines, but as soon as he's front and center it's clear he's not the strongest.
I thought Rege's acting is s1 was terrible...he's so unbelievably wooden and everything gets delivered in the same tone!
I saw Luke T in A Little Life in the West End and he was brilliant. He’s a theatre actor through and through and I always feel that gives him serious credibility as an actor. He seems quite serious though, almost too serious for Bridgerton. Needs to fix his teeth for his “glow up” for his season tho.

I don’t think Luke N is a great actor - nothing to do with being unable to portray being attracted to a non “thin” woman. If Jonathan Bailey can pull off being attracted to a woman full stop, then any decent actor should be able to do the same. I remember being completely enamoured with Jonathan Bailey in s2 and still fancied him like mad even if he’s gay in real life and I could never pull him hahaha.

Luke N has a lovely singing voice - I think he should go back to musical theatre. Not sure he’ll do as well as Jonathan or Nicola.

have you watched Sanditon? I loved it.
---
My boobs get sore just looking at Pen’s girls in those tight dresses
She spent the entire season squeezed into uncomfortable looking dresses, and squashed into uncomfortable positions in the carriage and on the chaise. If Penelope is back next season I’d love to see her in a simple white dress without her tits hoiked under her chin, flowing (non lacquered) hair, just looking natural and comfortable.

Luke T is a great actor but Benedict looks way older than Anthony and Colin. When he was squabbling with his other siblings he looked like their dad.

Last edited: